What are you playing now?

Gorth

EDIT: Nitronic Rush is a FREE racing game. I'd like to stress once again that it is FREE

So? Racing games loose automatically because they all suck.

Sorry, try again.

Carmageddon. I win :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I've got an unfinished game of BG2 / ToB on my laptop that I've been playing for six months on and off, am currently playing WK before the final BG2 battle. My NE half-orc fighter / thief is leading an eclectic band of NPCs.

Do it, it's till very very good.

I have high resistance to nostalgia, so I have no doubt it'll still be awesome. I'm just afraid it'll prove to me without doubt I'm now a grown-up and don't have the time to play games like I used to. :)

I'm actually doing this now. But I've been going in stages-- played through most of Chapters 1-3 about 6 months ago, put it on the shelf for awhile, and am now taking it from Brynnlaw through ToB. It's still good, but I am susceptible to IE fatigue in a way that I wasn't 10 years ago.

It's actually only the 2nd time I've ever played ToB-- the only parts I really remember from my first try are Gromnir's cameo and the telegraphed end-boss. Anyhow, I just finished off the Fire Giant dude.

Edited by Enoch

Yeah, I've got an unfinished game of BG2 / ToB on my laptop that I've been playing for six months on and off, am currently playing WK before the final BG2 battle. My NE half-orc fighter / thief is leading an eclectic band of NPCs.

Do it, it's till very very good.

I have high resistance to nostalgia, so I have no doubt it'll still be awesome. I'm just afraid it'll prove to me without doubt I'm now a grown-up and don't have the time to play games like I used to. :p

I'm actually doing this now. But I've been going in stages-- played through most of Chapters 1-3 about 6 months ago, put it on the shelf for awhile, and am now taking it from Brynnlaw through ToB. It's still good, but I am susceptible to IE fatigue in a way that I wasn't 10 years ago.

It's actually only the 2nd time I've ever played ToB-- the only parts I really remember from my first try are Gromnir's cameo and the telegraphed end-boss. Anyhow, I just finished off the Fire Giant dude.

Ha, good fun. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, I haven't had a chance to play it, but I was considering picking up Skyrim when I realized that LA Noire Complete Edition is out for PC. The wife really wants to play that one big screen style like PS:T, so I picked it up instead and now I can't see picking up another title that I won't be able to play. Maybe in a few months.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I just finished playthrough of Borderlands. It's lightweight, and enjoyable. Glad I only paid 4 quid for it though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gave Witcher 2 a bit of a whirl again. The Arena mode isn't my cup of tea though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished off Hitman Blood Money, took a bit to refresh those silent assassin skills.

Hm, and I'd forgotten that "your majesty" line from Diana at the end. Makes me ponder if there'll be something on that in Absolution.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just entered the outskirts of Vegas. Despite some flaws, this might be Obsidian's best game to date and has stopped their cold streak. o:)

My biggest beef with the outskirts of Vegas is the similarity to whatsitsname the northern town in NWN2 (Ember?). Lots of buiildings, but very few of them you can enter. Heck, even if they had just been empty cut and paste buildings, it would have been preferable.

Otherwise I've enjoyed the ride so far. With my new gfx card, it doesn't freeze my PC dead in it's track anymore (a fault of the gfx card, not the game), I've finally entered vault 22. Talk about "green house" effect :sorcerer:

Note to self... keep an eye out for Mantis eggs.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished off Hitman Blood Money, took a bit to refresh those silent assassin skills.

I'm tempted to replay this one. Blood Money was just all around awesome.

Just entered the outskirts of Vegas. Despite some flaws, this might be Obsidian's best game to date and has stopped their cold streak. :sorcerer:
I've finally entered vault 22. Talk about "green house" effect

As I see more folks talking about New Vegas, I'm more excited about the upcoming 'ultimate edition' or whatever they're calling it. I only purchased the one DLC and then didn't have time to play it, but now I intend to get the larger version and just plan a whole weekend to forgo sleep, sex, and society in order to play.

So, the wife and I have been playing PST and we'd become Sensates and gotten well into Sigil. That takes a while when you play maybe one or two hours a week and you have to achieve consensus on dialogue options and what to do next. I recently purchased L.A. Noire because my wife wanted to play that also, but she was irritated because she wants to finish PS:T first. Didn't matter anyhow since L.A. Noire gets stuck 'synchronizing' and hangs there for as long as I let it before I finally go to the task manager and shut it down. The problem? The save game files for PST disappeared. So, I'm going to solo replay the entire part we'd already done and then my wife will start playing again from there. Damn it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Just entered the outskirts of Vegas. Despite some flaws, this might be Obsidian's best game to date and has stopped their cold streak. o:)
I've finally entered vault 22. Talk about "green house" effect

As I see more folks talking about New Vegas, I'm more excited about the upcoming 'ultimate edition' or whatever they're calling it. I only purchased the one DLC and then didn't have time to play it, but now I intend to get the larger version and just plan a whole weekend to forgo sleep, sex, and society in order to play.

Even with the amount of stuff that I missed on my first run of the game, I've been putting off my next run until I have all the DLC. I picked up the first three in Steam sales so hopefully there will be a nice black friday DLC sale where I can pick up Lonesome Road to complete my set so I can finally get to it.

In games that I have been playing I've been getting a little bit of time in on Battlefield 3 although it's limited as I discovered that my computer just isn't fast enough. I'm only getting about 15-25FPS with the average closer to the lower end of that on my system with everything turned as low as it can go. Thankfully my brother has a computer that is completely unoccupied after 10pm and runs it flawlessly at 1680x1050 with everything on high. :sorcerer:

Also working my way through Uncharted 3. I'm only on chapter 12 or 13 so far, but if the game continues at it's current level I think Uncharted 2 keeps the top spot for best game in the series.

Also working my way through Uncharted 3. I'm only on chapter 12 or 13 so far, but if the game continues at it's current level I think Uncharted 2 keeps the top spot for best game in the series.

What exactly is it (spoilerfree if possible) you think makes this one inferior to U2?

Is U3 the conclusion of a trilogy, or will there be more games ahead?

As far as I know, if Uncharted 4 wasn't confirmed, it's the next step down from it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What exactly is it (spoilerfree if possible) you think makes this one inferior to U2?

It's all small stuff really, but they've done something to the aiming so it doesn't feel as responsive. I can't think of any big set piece areas that are comparable to what was shown off for UC2. Drake needs to have some sense slapped into him more than usual. Nothing big, but they are issues that I didn't have with 2.

They're all pretty much standalone adventures. More Indiana Jones than Star wars. But with more recurring characters.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's nothing I'm really in the right mood to play at the moment..

I guess I'll just wait till friday and I'll probably spend a chunk of the weekend being a little silly in Saints Row.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

im not going to buy any other games this year (except steam holiday sale, and yeah i know thats a pretty big exception...) skyrim is going to keep me busy for a long time, and then when i do get around to buying other stuff, the prices will be good. so win win win for me.

also, just a thought: skyrim seems to have really opened new frontiers of how much money can be made with the epic single player sandbox rpg. i wonder if other companies are going to start making similar games now, or if they'll just stick to churning out shooters.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"also, just a thought: skyrim seems to have really opened new frontiers of how much money can be made with the epic single player sandbox rpg. i wonder if other companies are going to start making similar games now, or if they'll just stick to churning out shooters."

How so? Wousdln't the other very successful ES games have done that already? Or FO3? Or FO:LV? All of those games have sold millions (wether ones likes them or not) som what makes you think skyrim has opened 'new frontiers'? Skyrim is just Bethesda continuing in their very successful (and large) 'niche'.

P.S. SR like the other ES games are more action rpgs than full rpgs. That's not nbegative that's just the way it since plenty of good action rpgs like FO:LV out there.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i heard somewhere that skyrim 1st day sales were almost double what fallout 3 first day sales were?

was that not true?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I dunno but FO3 sold 5mil+. Oblivion and MW also sold multi million copies. FO:LV (not Bethesda developed but likely stilll sold largely based on Beth's rep) actually had as many if not more sales than FO3.

I wouldn't doubt if Skyrim outsold FO3 and he other ES series but I don't think that should be shocking and certainly hasn't opened up new frontiers. Betehsda has proven that open world SP RPGs can sale. They've been doing that for 2 decades now. And, that's coming from someone who is not a Betehsda fan but one can't argue with their success. Skyrim just continues that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.