Still no DLC news?

Indeed, on 7th September they released some info regarding a DLC but now 1 month past that announcement and still no news. They should say something, even if it's something like "Coming October" or "Coming soon". I wish i had more info about it tho, because if this DLC is something like 1 hour game-play I won't waste my money/time.

They should say something...my wild guess is that Obsidian did not finish this DLC in time. As far as I remember Obsidian announced this DLC almost at the same time with Eidos, Deus Ex Missing Link DLC. Eidos already offered a game-play demo while Obsidian is silent. But if this is true, then I start to believe that this up-coming DLC is something more then just a 1 hour experience.

They should say something...my wild guess is that Obsidian did not finish this DLC in time. As far as I remember Obsidian announced this DLC almost at the same time with Eidos, Deus Ex Missing Link DLC. Eidos already offered a game-play demo while Obsidian is silent. But if this is true, then I start to believe that this up-coming DLC is something more then just a 1 hour experience.

It's not that simple. I think Bethesda had problems with announcing the dates for FNV dlcs because it takes time for the publishers to get okay from both Sony and Microsoft. And they can't really move forward with anything until they can get that. Maybe Nathaniel or someone could explain this better....

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I just want to know what this DLC will do to the game-play...

I wouldn't expect much. Other than the new enchanting system that will presumably allow us to tweak our gear, it'll probably be business as usual. Those three new abilities are unlikely to turn DS3 into a whole new game. I do hope it comes out soon. That list of Steam achievements has been taunting me for weeks. :shifty:

Well the main feature I am looking for is some way to play with your character after you beat the game ( you know just like Diablo, Save and Exit and after that you would have full spawn of monsters/champions ) only if something like this pops up I will be interested in buying the DLC. Otherwise, why would I spend extra money? For 1-2 hours of extra game-play and some enchant system? In my opinion if you don't have ruff monsters why would you waste time enchanting something? So I can click New Game and begin all the "hard work" again? Re-playability via story/dialogue choices is the worst thing ever, and on top of that this should be an Action RPG...go go combat, enchant, crafting, skills, gear and stuff like this and not 1 minute end-game cinematic that changes according the choices you make. And let's be honest there is nothing groundbreaking in Dungeon Siege III. Either way you will get where you are supposed to get.

Because it's fun and you enjoy equipping personalized items. I made extensive use of enchanting in Neverwinter Night 2's campaigns. It was completely unnecessary as the campaigns were easy for anyone familiar with the 3.5e D&D rulesets. Any of my characters could steamroll the toughest encounters with run of the mill magical equipment. What made it fun was collecting ingredients, making flavorful power up choices, naming my item and imaging a history for it.

Now granted, some of that will be lost in a game with preset player characters like Dungeon Siege III. But enchanting has never been about necessity to me. In fact, I dislike it when a game forces me to do it in order to play a viable character. It's way more entertaining when it's just an option, like it was in NWN2 or Arcanum.

As for the rest, well, different strokes and all that. I'm looking forward to an hour or two of extra content because I really enjoyed this game and can't wait to play more of it. A friend and I are waiting on beginning on our next playthrough until it's out. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. Just more of the same. That's good enough for me.

Yes it's fun to customize your character, this is the main reason we are playing Action RPG games...deep character customization, stat points, vast selection of items, in-depth item twek system, crafting system and many more. This days a lot of games lack most of this things, but spending time to level up and customize a character just to kill the final boss and as reward you get a 1 minute cinematic it's not fun. I would like to be able to play with that character even after I beat the game. I don't understand, is it too much to ask? We got this things 10 years ago and I always thought that with the passing time games of this genre will become more and more complex but in reality they have gotten worse. Dungeon Siege III is a nice game but to be honest if it was an action/adventure under a different name maybe things would be different but Dungeon Siege franchise is about something else.

Yes it's fun to customize your character, this is the main reason we are playing Action RPG games...deep character customization, stat points, vast selection of items, in-depth item twek system, crafting system and many more. This days a lot of games lack most of this things, but spending time to level up and customize a character just to kill the final boss and as reward you get a 1 minute cinematic it's not fun. I would like to be able to play with that character even after I beat the game. I don't understand, is it too much to ask? We got this things 10 years ago and I always thought that with the passing time games of this genre will become more and more complex but in reality they have gotten worse. Dungeon Siege III is a nice game but to be honest if it was an action/adventure under a different name maybe things would be different but Dungeon Siege franchise is about something else.

Just to be realistic, though, we are talking about the Dungeon Siege series. DS1 didn't have much customization at all, and it sure didn't have any post-game goodies. The game just ends. In DS2, you could play the same game all over again at a higher level.

Edited by leeloodallas

In 2002 Dungeon Siege I was released and a year after Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna. Yes the customization in that time was pretty weak but despite that we had tons and tons of unique weapons/armors. The Expansion added tons of content by the way and if you remember in Dungeon Siege I if you would play on-line you could level up to level 255 ( i hope i remember right :sorcerer: ) and every time you would create a game monsters would spawn and because of that Dungeon Siege I had a high re-playability level and of course searching for items had a purpose. In the year 2005 Dungeon Siege II was released and let's be honest the game was to a hole new level compared to DS I. You had now skill tress and you could learn every skill you wanted there just by meeting the weapon expertise. Again tons of items, set items with extra bonuses and a crafting system. You had the possibility to play the game again for two more times on higher difficulty. Again after a year Dungeon Siege II Broken World Expansion was released and added tons of content and the cross class thing...and on top of that you had a decent-good on-line experience. Now in 2011 we get Dungeon Siege III and the rest of the story you know it. In the end how come we could see an evolution from DS I to DS II but with DS III we got a mixture of those two.

Cheers !