SW: The Old Republic

Hurlshort

I got a beta invite to SW:TOR, too. I gave it away.

Is it really that alien a concept to you that someone could have optimistically signed up for the beta earlier on, only to lose all interest in the game later?

"I am thinking" that you're just trolling at this point.

Considering the location and people involved, I'd say it is a pretty alien concept. "Trolling" gets thrown a lot around here. That's not trolling.

This is trolling:

11344093.jpg

Moving on, the size of this game is a real problem for me. I'm really not feeling a new PC at the moment (1760e was the size of my last shopping list), and my windows partition is absolutely tiny. Insult to injury, considering how fast my (unlimited) connection is.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, what I'm finding as twistedly humerous, is that when I attempt to login to the SWTOR website.. I get this message :

"This page is not available. This may be because you are not currently logged in."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I must say, what I've played of TOR (yes, I got in) makes me happy.

Anything in particular stand out ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

well... effectively it feels like Kotor with the questing and such being fully voiced (although I could see that being annoying the second or third time through). although I'm only at the low low end of the leveling curve still.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Will this be an actual beta or just a two day stress-test?

Don't want to channel Morgoth here but I agree that wasting a week of download time and gigabytes of hard drive space for a 48 hours of lag-fest doesn't seem like a good deal.

Stress test.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

They keep sending me a message to change my password. I keep ignoring it. Go beta test or your own game. IF I buy it I expect it to work. If I test it I expect to be paid.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They keep sending me a message to change my password. I keep ignoring it. Go beta test or your own game. IF I buy it I expect it to work. If I test it I expect to be paid.

Haha agreed!

I haven't beta tested a game since the Asheron's Call 2 (was it 2002 or something) and it's so much pointless frustration that I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

The password reset doesn't have anything to do with beta testing.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Are they actually uprgrading their system or is this just a reminder to change your password every X time units ? In any case, first negative reaction to it I've seen has been from Volourn, and he's not even on about the reset specifically :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are they actually uprgrading their system or is this just a reminder to change your password every X time units ? In any case, first negative reaction to it I've seen has been from Volourn, and he's not even on about the reset specifically :p

I think they set up new requirements for the passwords to fill, so everybody who'd registered before those went into effect have to change theirs. So I guess "upgrade" is closer of the two alternatives...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They're upgrading their system for the coming launch.

As your forum account is the same as your game account, I wonder if being banned on one will have an effect on the other.

Edited by Maria Caliban

It seems like they are really rolling out the invites for this last month before release, I think I saw them on Fileplanet as well. I really recommend giving it a whirl if you can handle the 20 gig download, it's very polished and worth seeing in action.

Yeah, I just received a beta key as well.

If anybody is serious about this just send me a PM and I'll give you the key.*

Requirement: You'll always have to be nice to me from now on.

Nothing is worth paying that price..

Cursed bandwidth cap.