SW: The Old Republic

Hurlshort

Pretty much any soldier-type character voiced by Hale is going to come across like a copy-pasted FemShep.

And hm, I know the other voice. Ah hah - Timothy Omundson. That's a bit of a surprise.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Pretty much any soldier-type character voiced by Hale is going to come across like a copy-pasted FemShep.

Mazzy.jpg

It's like Hale's not even trying anymore. She also used the same overacted butch voice in Bulletstorm. I'm getting sick of it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's like Hale's not even trying anymore. She also used the same overacted butch voice in Bulletstorm. I'm getting sick of it.

I like Hale's voice acting abilities, and she's certainly seemed to get into the role of it and having fun with the fans at some of those convention appearances - ie, E3 with bioware.

But I do seem to remember reading an interview with her some years back (post KoTOR) where she did say how she didn't actually like computer games and didn't understand why people got into them so much...Very much the "hey, I don't care, I do my job and I enjoy that so I don't sweat the computer geeks" kind of thing. But my memory is failing so I can't figure out where it was to confirm that...

The only game Hale was any good at all in was Eternal Darkness.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Oh Hurlieburlie tell me all your secrets.

When I am alone, sometimes I fart on my hand and smell it.

Is that what you mean?

Only if you have signed a NDA that covers farting in your hand and smelling it.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/36...ta-Preview.html

Another pretty big preview site.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/20...ublic-part-one/

As well as Rock, Paper, Shotgun

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...blic-Hands-On.2

And the Escapist as well.

Edited by Hurlshot

The things I'm taking away from those press releases so far.. :)

"There is something seriously satisfying about pumping unrelenting high speed blaster bolts into some poor guy's chest and watching him convulse like Chunk doing the truffle-shuffle in The Goonies."

"It also appears that Light Side and Dark Side points for choices made during the conversations are only awarded to players who voted for the conversation option that was ultimately given. So if you want a criminal to destroy a shipment of illegal goods but the rest of your party votes to profit from them, your choice won't be honored but at least you won't suffer Dark Side points for it."

"In the end, no matter what makes The Old Republic different from the MMOs before it, what you

I want this game.

We should make another Obsidian guild or whatever they are called in SWTOR.

I'd be up for that. Bagsy methane powered astromech droid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Agreed, I never felt like I was grinding in LotRO to level. Same thing with Rift, actually. The story components have improved greatly in MMO's.

As for the rats spawning and the next guy running in, that is a tough one. Sure, we all want to make a marked difference in the world. Single player RPG's are able to make it more apparent that your actions have an impact. But with the use of instances, MMO's have gotten considerably better at creating the illusion that you are changing the game world. In the end it is about how willing you are to let your imagination carry you.

Apparently the press embargo is being lifted today, so you can expect a flood of information in the next week. Here is IGN's hub:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210147p1.html

I am still under the NDA, sorry.

Guess not.

Embargo has lifted and you still can't talk about it?

Can you get me a press badge?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It was made very clear to the testers that our NDA is still in effect. My guess is it will not be lifted until the end of beta. It makes sense, they can control the information that the press releases to an extent, thousands of testers are much more difficult to manage.

Keep them in the dark for as long as possible seems to be the preferred tactic. It's what you would do if your game was utter sheit, but it's the good tittles as well. Why risk anything when you can just spin a tale about new supposedly revolutionary mechanics without having to show your hand.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Spill the beans. We promise not to tell anyone.

Pretty much this, but not likely he'll do it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra