Tim Cain joins Obsidian Entertainment!

PoetAndMadman

According to his Facebook profile, the legendary Tim Cain is now working as a senior programmer for Obsidian Entertainment, see it for yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/timothycain

"This content is currently unavailable."?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have him in my friends on facebook, I didn't know, that he is hiding his profile. I can post a screenshot if you want.

I wonder if that wouldn't ruin the point of hiding it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have him in my friends on facebook, I didn't know, that he is hiding his profile. I can post a screenshot if you want.

I wonder if that wouldn't ruin the point of hiding it :)

Good point, so you will have to believe it, he is indeed working for Obsidian now as a senior programmer. :(

I guess the next Fallout made by Obsidian, if there will be any, will be even more Fallouty than New Vegas. :D

I also hope that Tim will be doing some design work, besides programming.

Good point, so you will have to believe it, he is indeed working for Obsidian now as a senior programmer. :down:

I guess the next Fallout made by Obsidian, if there will be any, will be even more Fallouty than New Vegas. :D

I also hope that Tim will be doing some design work, besides programming.

I believe you. Not saying "don't share the info" either. Only consider the whys and wherefores first, then act upon it :)

Fantastic!

Will be interested in seeing the results of his work with Obsidian.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For now I'd just be satisfied if it worked better than with, say, Mitsoda.

Oh yeah, me too. I don't express it, but there is always that fear that maybe things won't work out. Cain knows some people in the team already, that should help I suppose. Also, the ones who are making a very big deal out of this are the fans, not Obsidian or its employees. To be frank, I wonder if we're not blowing things out of proportion. Well, at least those who have played Tim's games.

This is great news.

Now all we need anymore is mr Taylor, mr Anderson and mr Boyarski. :skeptical:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Hi, I too am a programmer and have asked Tim Cain questions before about his programming of Fallout. But I will keep this a speculation post.

Around the time Diablo 3 will be out, we can expect Project v13 to be in swing. I don't know the terms or conditions or what contracts Chris Taylor signed, but he might be able to leave depending on how much of v13 is done.

OR

If the case finally ends with Interplay losing rights, or Bethesda simply making up with Interplay . We could have a 3 way of the best.

Interplay, Bethesda, and Obsidian. But realistically, we are talking about Chris Taylor joining Obsidian or something. It will be tough seeing the Fallout 3 developers work with the A-team of Fallout 1/2. I don't think they need many more members of the original team to make a balanced Fallout.

How will Todd Howard and his friend's split the duties? I think they can all work together and respectfully step out of line and attempt to question each others decision as long as it isn't questioning their role in the team.

It is tough for me to type in pure english when i am eating a hamburger too. But, after the merger or w/e we may see that Bethesda changes Fallout 4 to be a multiplayer release and not a single player one if it isn't already planned to have an MP.

Would they take or toss the work already done at Interplay?

I don't want anyone to lose the court case. But i think it will determine who Leonard Boyarsky may go work for and maybe Chris Taylor. Tough call. Sadly I may know the answers to these questions if I get hired at Bethesda next month, and i won't have time to share them :skeptical:

redacted