Dungeon Siege III Attributes for Reinhart on Windows 7

Help,

I am playing Reinhart in Dungeon Siege III on Windows 7 and there is only one attribute available to me at any one time. As I understand it, attributes at my currently level are mapped automatically to "1" - Lightning, "2" - Trap, "3" - circle of healing, and "4" - defense. The only hot-keys that ever work are "1" and "4". What is strange is that "1" swaps between lightning and trap after I upgrade my attributes (first one then the other). Does anyone else see this behavior? I sent this into the e-mail support, and they just sent me back a "canned" RTFM reply.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Have you levelled up enough to unlock all your abilities? You have three stances. In each stance, 1, 2 and 3 will correspond to three different abilities. At the beginning of the game, you will only have 1 ability in each stance. Defense is a stance in itself that you hold. The healing ability is in your defense stance - so it is your first ability (1) when you are in your defense stance. Eventually, you will have all 9 abilities, so that whether you are in one of the 2 normal stances or in the defense stance, your hotkeys will change to show different abilities for 1,2 and 3.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by things swapping when you upgrade your attributes, but if everything's working, that's how it should look.