Camera flickering back and forth, until game crashes

gamerthulhu

Question

I purchased dungeon siege 3 over the weekend on the strength of New Vegas, and am looking forward to playing. Unfortunately, currently the game crashes very quickly after I start each new game.

As soon as the character loads into the world after the intro dialogue, I'll try to move, and the camera begins to change angles on the main character from front to back rapidly. This is so bad as to make the game unplayable, and if I attempt to go into a menu by hitting esc, the game hangs, and I'm forced to end the task via Task Manager. I've tried cranking all the settings as far down as they will go, but it didn't appear to help at all.

I did some research and noticed a few others experiencing a similar issue, but was unable to find any suggested fixes. I'd welcome any advice you can give, thanks!

If it helps any, I'm running Windows 7. Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @2.50GHz, 6g ram, DirectX 11. ATI Radion HD 4500, driver version 8.872.0.0, dated 7/7/11

EDIT: And of course as soon as I posted I realized that I should check for a new video driver. I did check, and updated my drivers to 8.892.0.0, dated 9/8/11. This has not helped the problem at all, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Edited by gamerthulhu

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet