Questions about co-op

First off, I'm aware you're playing in somebody else's single player game (there is no true multiplayer), which might not be obvious by the questions below.

1. Does difficulty scale with amount of players?

2. Are gold drops increased, or is it the same amount of gold?

3. What if I buy something in somebody else's game, did I just use their gold that they may have been saving, and they could get pissed at me?

4. Do you only get to use what the person has equipped/spec'd? For instance, if they've only been using Anjali as their sidekick, and I pick somebody they haven't used, does that mean I'll have to spec them on the spot, and also gear them? Which brings up question 3, bigtime. Makes you almost want to be able to tell people, hey, if you're gonna play, make sure you choose the character I have geared.

So, I was having major trouble beating Rajani. I even went back to an earlier save, leveled up 2 levels, then went back. Still couldn't beat her. So I enabled "multiplayer". I then finally beat Rajani (by myself). Well, the stupid "you must spec your character right now" screen popped up, and while spec'ing, somebody joined. I rushed so I could boot him, but it was too late. He completely ****ed up Lucas for me, somebody whom I wanted to use when I finally got him. (Which BTW, I can now magically use somehow, even though in story I haven't gotten to him yet.)

So, how can any of you play like this? Letting people join your game, just so they can spec your characters, buy/sell your items, and make choices for you? Is this really what the game designers had in mind? There's multiplayer, there's co-op, but this is "Hey, come play with me, and I hope to god you don't **** my game up."

Edited by SilentBob420BMFJ

So nobody knows anything about this? I just read that the multiplayer and single player characters are separate, at least that's what Obsidian said right before release. I can say this is false, as my Lucas is still ****ed up. According to what Obsidian said, if you join somebody else's game, the money, gear, spec, etc. all stay with you when you leave, so when you join somebody else's game, you will have that same character. I say this is false based on what I'm witnessing. Just messed up that I can't let people join my game for fear that they will do the aforementioned.

Wow dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I've only played local co-op with a friend and I can say that the difficult seems to scale, even if slightly. Rajani was super hard the second time playing through with a friend but not the first. Weird.

Fortunately, in the upcoming DLC you may reallocate skill points so hopefully, that will alleviate your issue.

Cheers!

REINHART MANX

Guide to The Greatest Legion Hero

Geometry.jpg

Whether or not it's true multiplayer depends on perspective. I think it's identical to Dark Alliance multiplayer; and since a friend and I went through the entire campaign together, I never felt as if my progress was lost. There is something to be said for not having your own screen, though.

1 - In my experience, no. I've seen a few more enemies playing co-op with two to three players, but the difficulty didn't spike. If anything it was easier. Human intelligence trumps AI. Shocker. >_<

2 - Same amount of gold.

3 - Everyone shares the same pool of gold. Gold you run over appears over the main character's head as if she picked it up. My advice if you want to play it safe: only equip found items on your character. Less chance of bickering over gold that way.

4 - You can select any character that isn't being used by another player at any time. You will need to distribute their ability and talent points, and possibly equip them if the player hasn't encountered the character yet during the game. On the bright side, your specs do remain intact if you ever rejoin that player's game. That said, I'm not sure if this still applies if another player joins that same game later and chooses the same character. My multiplayer experiences are limited to friends. I've yet to try a pick up game.

I can't see myself ever hosting an open multiplayer game. I would rather join someone else--preferably by prearranging a meeting. Your experience is a good example why. Of course, you run into crappy players no matter what game you try. I'm not crazy about someone else being able to sell my loot either, but that's what reloads and booting are for...

Whether or not it's true multiplayer depends on perspective. I think it's identical to Dark Alliance multiplayer; and since a friend and I went through the entire campaign together, I never felt as if my progress was lost. There is something to be said for not having your own screen, though.

1 - In my experience, no. I've seen a few more enemies playing co-op with two to three players, but the difficulty didn't spike. If anything it was easier. Human intelligence trumps AI. Shocker. :)

2 - Same amount of gold.

3 - Everyone shares the same pool of gold. Gold you run over appears over the main character's head as if she picked it up. My advice if you want to play it safe: only equip found items on your character. Less chance of bickering over gold that way.

4 - You can select any character that isn't being used by another player at any time. You will need to distribute their ability and talent points, and possibly equip them if the player hasn't encountered the character yet during the game. On the bright side, your specs do remain intact if you ever rejoin that player's game. That said, I'm not sure if this still applies if another player joins that same game later and chooses the same character. My multiplayer experiences are limited to friends. I've yet to try a pick up game.

I can't see myself ever hosting an open multiplayer game. I would rather join someone else--preferably by prearranging a meeting. Your experience is a good example why. Of course, you run into crappy players no matter what game you try. I'm not crazy about someone else being able to sell my loot either, but that's what reloads and booting are for...

I'm talking about if somebody joins your game. If they do, they can totally mess up your game. They can buy tons of ****, waste all your gold, and screw your companions up. Trust me, I've seen it. So what I'm saying is, don't ever host your own game unless 1. You trust the person and they know what you want done 2. You don't care, just messing around.

That was why I wrote that I can't see myself ever hosting a multiplayer game. There's more potential for trouble than it's worth. Unless you're comfortable with reloading every time a griefer screws things up.

Edited by Seagloom

So I opened up my game so I could get some help with the 3rd JK fight. Well, afterwards, we went down the stairs and I quickly saved before they could screw anything up. Well, while saving, they must have been in the spec screen or something, and now the game is glitched and I can't choose anybody except Lucas as my companion. Anjali and Reinhart were the players they chose, so it's no coincidence I can only choose Lucas. And I have absolutely no gear for him. Also, after the save, the 2 people in my game proceeded to spend all $80,000 of my money and sell my stuff, so I had to boot them and restart. Wonderful "multiplayer" you guys got here! Just smash up job!

I'm shocked that anybody opens up their games to the co-op for anything more than help with a boss, because it's almost guaranteed that they will screw up your game. I'm just curious how any of you play this so-called "multiplayer"? Whether you join or host, how do you do it? For instance, when you join, do you buy things? Do you sell? How do you spec? I feel like a mic is needed, and they should ask permission for all of this. It's seriously a cringing nightmare hosting a game. And I don't want to screw up somebody else's game either, so how do you guys do it?

Edited by SilentBob420BMFJ

So I opened up my game so I could get some help with the 3rd JK fight. Well, afterwards, we went down the stairs and I quickly saved before they could screw anything up. Well, while saving, they must have been in the spec screen or something, and now the game is glitched and I can't choose anybody except Lucas as my companion. Anjali and Reinhart were the players they chose, so it's no coincidence I can only choose Lucas. And I have absolutely no gear for him. Also, after the save, the 2 people in my game proceeded to spend all $80,000 of my money and sell my stuff, so I had to boot them and restart. Wonderful "multiplayer" you guys got here! Just smash up job!

I'm shocked that anybody opens up their games to the co-op for anything more than help with a boss, because it's almost guaranteed that they will screw up your game. I'm just curious how any of you play this so-called "multiplayer"? Whether you join or host, how do you do it? For instance, when you join, do you buy things? Do you sell? How do you spec? I feel like a mic is needed, and they should ask permission for all of this. It's seriously a cringing nightmare hosting a game. And I don't want to screw up somebody else's game either, so how do you guys do it?

I've only tried multiplayer once, jumping into someone else's game through Steam. Talk about a personal disaster! I'm assuming the host was from another country where English wasn't the native language, because I could hear the other-language VO clashing with the English VO in my game. Not to mention the multiplayer camera was horrific, every bit as bad as all the complaints here. I've never opened my game to anyone else, so I can't speak at all from the host end. I didn't know other players could actually buy gear-- I thought that was up to the game's host. Maybe I should have; their Anjali was really badly equipped.