Another Obsidian Game does not fail expectation.

I guess I am used to it by now with AP etc but yet another Obsidian game that could have been genre-defining held back by bugs and one or two fatal flaws.

It just really really bothers me how gorgeous it is and how fun it is to play and yet the camera system is easily the worst I have ever seen and the UI is awful as well.

Any patches on the horizon? Haven't seen squat from Obsidian on this forum so I'm guessing not. If this game was patched to not have such a horrible camera system and just slightly better UI it could have been serious competition for all the diabloesques (including d3).

As it is it's just such a damn shame yet another game gets the Obsidian 'awesome potential but we'll just phone it in on a couple gamebreaking things and never speak of it again' treatment.

This game is easily bug free. 'I don't like the camera!' is NOT a bug.

Sure it is, that's why the couple hours I played coop with the friend I bought it for had 2 CTDs, 5 memory leaks (I'm assuming that's what the cinematic fps drop and hold is) and 2 totally unknown graphics glitches, causing me to have to completely exit game and restart every single time.

Got to the point where I just say 'fps again' and he'd guide us to a save spot.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=58873

Edited by themendios

Sure it is, that's why the couple hours I played coop with the friend I bought it for had 2 CTDs, 5 memory leaks (I'm assuming that's what the cinematic fps drop and hold is) and 2 totally unknown graphics glitches, causing me to have to completely exit game and restart every single time.

Got to the point where I just say 'fps again' and he'd guide us to a save spot.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=58873

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but there's very few reports of situations like this and the majority of people I know who have played it had a good polished experience. Otherwise I could argue that Mass Effect 2 is a terribly buggy game and so is Half Life 2 (had problems with both).

Furthermore, your original point was to ask a patch for the UI and camera (which do not count as bugs) so I guess it wasn't a priority?

The problem with the camera is that it zooms in automatically when in tight spaces. That's the only problem with it.

I still don't understand why the zooming can't be disabled, it serves no function whatsoever, only breaks the combat.

Second fatal flaw of DS3 is that chaos statistics and other stats are not robust enough to generate many different builds within each class.

Third fatal flaw is lack of content, when I entered Stonebridge, I thought it was the beginning of the middle of the game, not beginning of the end.

I had never played sp until today (just to verify that I got the same bugs), the coop camera is what I started with and it's awful. Autoturn locked-zoom chaingang horrible horrible.

SP isn't quite as bad and zooming in/out is annoying but not nearly as terrible as coop.