Obsidian is working on project for leading animation franchise

funcroc

Why would he be interested in European languages? (it would be super awesome to have medieval RPG made by Josh :) ). I also think he tries to tell us something.

Well. Another pic of a cat in front of a bookcase shows dictionaries of Danish and Occitan, plus a "Teach Yourself Icelandic" book. In addition to this a book called "The Gypsies". Among fiction, we find "Italian Folktales" by Italo Calvino and "The Club Dumas" by Arturo P

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

OT: LinkedIn profile of Aaron Meyers (Lead Artist of KotOR2, Alpha Protocol)

Aaron M.

Current: Lead Artist at Obsidian Entertainment

Past: Artist at Black Isle Studios

Websites: Personal Website

--------------------------------

Summary

With over fifteen years of experience in the game industry as an accomplished artist and manager, I am looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of developers making visually stunning games that are fun to play. I am a natural leader with a proven capability to lead with a wealth of experience for building, managing and maintaining both talented art teams and production schedules. I can take on unknown tasks and create viable, efficient pipelines to achieve the required goals with the desired quality and schedule in mind.

Specialties

Management

:( Another Black Isle Vet.

...? Judging by his profile Aaron M. is still at Obsidian.. or am I missing something?

Yep, just that he is looking for other work

With over fifteen years of experience in the game industry as an accomplished artist and manager, I am looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of developers making visually stunning games that are fun to play. I am a natural leader with a proven capability to lead with a wealth of experience for building, managing and maintaining both talented art teams and production schedules. I can take on unknown tasks and create viable, efficient pipelines to achieve the required goals with the desired quality and schedule in mind.
Edited by C2B

• 3 weeks later...

Is that upward or downward? I always pictured producers as bigwigs. And junior anything as well... not.

Maybe it's lateral! Ooooh.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Is that upward or downward? I always pictured producers as bigwigs. And junior anything as well... not.

apples and oranges afaik. producers make sure everything is organized, while designers actually design stuff.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

apples and oranges afaik. producers make sure everything is organized, while designers actually design stuff.

This is pretty much correct.

As a Producer I was dealing with project management - coordinating teams, creating schedules and other managerial tasks. For the most part, Producers don't deal with any type of content creation. They may help when the team is in a bind or give suggestions, but ultimately it is someone else's job to "create" the game.

This is mostly a lateral move, but I will have to start at the bottom of the totem pole again - learning to refine my design skills and whatnot.

Luckily for me, because I was a Producer, I am able to take on certain leadership roles that would not be given to some Junior Designers.