Obsidian is working on project for leading animation franchise

funcroc

People are talking about some announcement already since a long time. In fact, by now I am highly annoyed, everytime I read someone writing about it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• 2 weeks later...

OT: senior producer Todd Morgan joins Obsidian

Current

Senior Producer at Obsidian Entertainment

Past

Recruiter at Digital Artist Management

Senior Producer at SuperVillain Studios

Senior Producer at Concrete Games

Senior Producer at The Collective Inc

Senior Producer at Shiny Entertainment

Producer at EA.COM

Producer at Interplay Entertainment Corp

Associate Producer at Mindscape

Assistant Producer at SEGA OF AMERICA, INC

Lead Tester at SEGA OF AMERICA, INC

Most Recent Shipped Titles:

TRON: Evolution (PSP, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iTouch)

Prior Titles Shipped:

Fat Princess: Firstful of Cake for the PSP, Order Up for the Nintendo Wii, The Matrix: Path of Neo, for PS2, XBOX, and PC for Atari and Shiny Entertainment. This was the follow up game to, Enter the Matrix, for the PS2, XBOX, Game Cube, and PC for ATARI and Shiny Entertainment. To date, this game has sold over 9 million copies world wide on all platforms.

Summary of my background:

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean I SHOULD wish for South Park going ahead? Or am I being way to simplistic and am about to be sent to stand in the corner?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Past

Recruiter at Digital Artist Management

Senior Producer at SuperVillain Studios

Senior Producer at Concrete Games

Senior Producer at The Collective Inc

Senior Producer at Shiny Entertainment

Producer at EA.COM

Producer at Interplay Entertainment Corp

Associate Producer at Mindscape

Assistant Producer at SEGA OF AMERICA, INC

Lead Tester at SEGA OF AMERICA, INC

Wow, look at all the companies he's worked at. I wonder how many years that encompasses.

Does that mean I SHOULD wish for South Park going ahead? Or am I being way to simplistic and am about to be sent to stand in the corner?

We want South Park to be a thundering success so they have lots of money for the development of Baldur's Gate 3 and Icewindale 3, followed by the 150 hrs - 'Legends of Cormyr'. These games will all be based on the new Mystary engine, v. 5.0.

o:)

J.

Edited by Junai

Man, I wouldn't wish for Obsidian to go back on working on D&D stuff again. We have more than enough of that.

I wouldn't mind making a turn based 4th ed. game...

I knew there was something about you I liked.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Man, I wouldn't wish for Obsidian to go back on working on D&D stuff again. We have more than enough of that.

It's been a long-time since we had a nice RPG in that settings, it seems to me :) . First CRPGs I ever played were D&D, so I will always have a soft spot for the settings and rules. Plus the current D&D comics by John Rogers is very nice, keeps my interest up :) .

I'd rather have a turned based RPG with a unique ruleset.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd love more D&D, Obsid have shown they can do plenty of creative things story-wise within that setting, and ruleset-wise, it's fantastic. We talk about unique rulesets but really I've yet to see many CRPG rulesets that are anywhere as fun and detailed as D&D, especially ones that would work with tactical squad-based combat. There's nothing wrong with D&D, especially with Obsidian doing the writing.

4th ed is a different story, I still don't know why everyone hates it (or do they still?).

4th ed is a different story, I still don't know why everyone hates it (or do they still?).

The silence is overwhelming now. Probably chased off the old D&D fans and having a hard time luring in new fans.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I always wondered whether video games killed the tabletop star, to paraphrase the Buggles.

No rules lawyers, no latecomers, no lost character sheets and no need to gather your party before venturing forth with the session.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!