Sign in to follow this  
Zerias

Prevent_Surkov's_Escape: will it ever be fixed?

Question

There's a rather annoying bug in Alpha Protocol where the final Moscow Mission, Prevent_Surkov's_Escape, won't show up when a player tries to leave the Moscow safe-house. The particular bug in question doesn't appear to be unknown: http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/Preven...7s_Escape#Notes

It's also been around a while given the date when the bug was entered on the wiki: http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/index.php?t...&oldid=8212 :: Revision as of 11:28, August 25, 2010

Does Obsidian have a ... emphasis here... GOOD explanation for why this bug hasn't been patched yet?

3 answers to this question

I just started to put some time in this game after putting it on hold for a while, and wow I can't even get passed the "Intercept Surkov" mission due to a desktop crash when I goto open the elevator. I don't know what it is, I mean I used to get the occasional crash but in several spots surrounding Moscow I'm hit with just a lot of crashes. I might have to restart the game, I'm not sure. It absolutely sucks because I was loving this game, now I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. Sucks that you can't even enjoy a rare game that sparks your interest.

"I started to see people as little lonesome, water based, pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand...I don't think I was 'mad', I was just confused."

I fixed my crash issues by making the exe "XP SP3 compatible". That's the first time that fix has ever worked for me. Sorry though, Prevent_Surkov's_Escape didn't bug up for me - so, no help there.

I'm loving this game - hope Obsidian releases another one with atleast this style character interaction. It's great.

"I started to see people as little lonesome, water based, pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand...I don't think I was 'mad', I was just confused."

Blame SEGA.

All they allowed was a single small patch. Which is damn hard to find to boot...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee