I propose all 4 sections are merged

I propose a merge of all of the DS3 sections, since this forum is quite dead as it is (wouldn't be surprised if moderators don't even come here but once a week). I already put all my posts in the General Discussion section, since I won't get an answer if I post it in the other sections, so might as well make it official. As for spoilers, people should just be required to put a spoiler tag in their subject and/or body. Seriously, dividing up the at best 10 weekly posts on the entire forum is pretty useless.

I propose a merge of all of the DS3 sections, since this forum is quite dead as it is (wouldn't be surprised if moderators don't even come here but once a week). I already put all my posts in the General Discussion section, since I won't get an answer if I post it in the other sections, so might as well make it official. As for spoilers, people should just be required to put a spoiler tag in their subject and/or body. Seriously, dividing up the at best 10 weekly posts on the entire forum is pretty useless.

No

Edit: How does that in any way concern you if there are four sections here? It helps to keep thread topics seprate and gain oversight. Putting them all together is unessecary.

Edited by C2B

Divided forums isn't simply about organizing new posts. Should someone have to search through three pages for a technical problem that might have been on the first page of the tech issues forum?

Not that I'm stating the official reason the forums are organized this way. But it's the value I see in it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Your request will create chaos! But it is a fact that this forum is kinda/allmost dead. Dungeon Siege III didn't perform that well and now with Skyrim, Dark Souls and so many other rpg's coming out it will struggle to keep up. I'm just hoping the up-coming DLC will bring major game play changes because otherwise it's Game Over for good.

As a side note, I would always take this kind of game over Skyrim/Dark Souls but indeed it must a good one.

Your request will create chaos! But it is a fact that this forum is kinda/allmost dead. Dungeon Siege III didn't perform that well and now with Skyrim, Dark Souls and so many other rpg's coming out it will struggle to keep up. I'm just hoping the up-coming DLC will bring major game play changes because otherwise it's Game Over for good.

As a side note, I would always take this kind of game over Skyrim/Dark Souls but indeed it must a good one.

No. Trust me, the forums here (and forums in general) are a bad-indicator of future popularity of a game except when we are talking big, extremly popular titles and devs.

Alpha Protocol would be an example here. It only has gained popularity since release yet by the same standard the forums are "dead" too.

Edited by C2B

Alpha Protocol is a pretty bad game...and because of this of course the forums have died because there is nothing to talk about. The same goes for Dungeon Siege III, I told this kind of stuff to the developers/community 1 week after the release of the game. If Obsidian does not come with an expansion pack that will solve all the major drawbacks the game will die very fast. But I will never judge a game based of the forum activity, I will at least rent the game. Maybe the game is that good that users don't have time to log-in to forums and waste time trolling around. Double edge sword active ;)

Alpha Protocol is a pretty bad game...and because of this of course the forums have died because there is nothing to talk about.

Not really. It's dead here, but the thread on Something Awful is still alive and kicking, more than sixty pages after two thread locked at 250+ page.

If Obsidian does not come with an expansion pack that will solve all the major drawbacks the game will die very fast.

I'm not sure Obsidian hoped/thought the game would be 'alive' for long. It's a single-player game with couch co-op, a short story and a big focus on combat. Nothing to make it last long. Obsidian's people aren't delusional.

Diablo II is alive and kicking for 11 years...this is no adventure game, after you finish the game you have no purpose to play it again. RPG genre is no.1 when it comes re playability, Obsidian failed at this point so it will die. If Obsidian wanted to make a game just to hold the "front" for one month they should have sell it via Steam/PSN/XboxLive for 15

Diablo II is alive and kicking for 11 years...this is no adventure game, after you finish the game you have no purpose to play it again. RPG genre is no.1 when it comes re playability, Obsidian failed at this point so it will die. If Obsidian wanted to make a game just to hold the "front" for one month they should have sell it via Steam/PSN/XboxLive for 15

Technical Support, yes, I agree that should be separate. But the rest of them? Seriously, are you gonna go into The Chapterhouse and talk about builds with yourself? Or are you gonna come in here, where you might actually get a response? Look at the total posts made in all the sections, and tell me the others need their own.

Technical Support, yes, I agree that should be separate. But the rest of them? Seriously, are you gonna go into The Chapterhouse and talk about builds with yourself? Or are you gonna come in here, where you might actually get a response? Look at the total posts made in all the sections, and tell me the others need their own.

Why should it be about ME? The forums shouldn't organize themselves after my own desires.

The reason why it should stay I named before: For organisational purposes. It looks better, relvant threads are easier for others to sort out. Clobing everything together into a big pile helps nobody.

Edited by C2B

Why should it be about ME? The forums shouldn't organize themselves after my own desires.

The reason why it should stay I named before: For organisational purposes. It looks better, relvant threads are easier for others to sort out. Clobing everything together into a big pile helps nobody.

My argument is that the pile is small though. Obviously you'd divide it up if there were posts being made every hour. I'm just thinking that if a section has less than one post per day...

Edited by SilentBob420BMFJ