RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

CoM_Solaufein

Never understood people's desire to play Pandas in WoW. Ah well

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Errr...aff. Wonder how this will go in China.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Errr...aff. Wonder how this will go in China.

Pretty well I bet, particularly with the role players who want to cure the panda breeding issue

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Blizzard tries... extremely hard to keep subscribers. Then again while I had good run with WoW, I wouldn't come back even if they'd make game free to play (but require certain amount of log-in time and actions) and still offer Diablo 3. Enough is enough.

I didn't play too much online Warcraft 3, so Pandas mean very little to me. Brewmaster was sort of fun gimmicky unit but that's about it.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Seriously, Pandas?

Edit: Oh well, what do I care. I quit already and those stupid Pandarens will make sure I won't start ever again. Thanks Blizzard.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

The ungodly amount of QQing and Ragequits going on in the WoW fanbase right now might just make this game worth playing again. If they follow through anyway.

I bet most won't. Still I gotta wonder if the Pandarens are such a good idea businesswise for Blizzard.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I don't know, the whole thing seems to be designed to appeal to casual gamers, what with the easy access to raids with pickup groups etc., which makes a lot of sense really. Recent numbers indicate that it's only a small number of players who do hardcore raiding in the first place (I'm not sure on the specifics, but I keep hearing only 5% of the players killed the last raid boss), so maybe Blizzard decided to focus on their huge number of other players instead of focusing on all raids all the time. Personally, I quit WoW because it was all focused on preparing all day for the same raid day after day, so I can't lament it.

Plus, the new PvE Scenarios feature seems pretty cool. Actually defending towns and laying siege in the world? That's the one thing I really wanted from WoW anyway, ever since it was announced.

Jesus christ, what is this? A lame Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness rip-off with an incredibly high budget? Where's the dread? Where's ghoulish atmosphere? Where's the suspense and looming sense of chaos? Another proof that technology means nothing if you can't use it

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know, the whole thing seems to be designed to appeal to casual gamers, what with the easy access to raids with pickup groups etc., which makes a lot of sense really. Recent numbers indicate that it's only a small number of players who do hardcore raiding in the first place (I'm not sure on the specifics, but I keep hearing only 5% of the players killed the last raid boss), so maybe Blizzard decided to focus on their huge number of other players instead of focusing on all raids all the time. Personally, I quit WoW because it was all focused on preparing all day for the same raid day after day, so I can't lament it.

Plus, the new PvE Scenarios feature seems pretty cool. Actually defending towns and laying siege in the world? That's the one thing I really wanted from WoW anyway, ever since it was announced.

Yeah, that was originally why I got tired of WoW. I wanted more fun PvE content, and all they seemed interested in was balancing PvP and adding raids. I never took part in a single raid in about 2 years of play. By the time Burning Crusdae came out, I had already found an MMO that was more focused on casual gaming.

Yeah, that was originally why I got tired of WoW. I wanted more fun PvE content, and all they seemed interested in was balancing PvP and adding raids. I never took part in a single raid in about 2 years of play. By the time Burning Crusdae came out, I had already found an MMO that was more focused on casual gaming.

I have a few friends who really got into WoW and the raiding initially. But when they started talking about it as if it was a job "oh damn, ive got to get home because I'm supposed to be providing a healer on a raid tonight" "it just dragged on, showing the newbies in the guild the ropes and i have to work with them on this raid" .. etc.. and they'd come out of the game as if they'd spent a full week working rather then having fun.

That to me, seems a reason not to play a game...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have a few friends who really got into WoW and the raiding initially. But when they started talking about it as if it was a job "oh damn, ive got to get home because I'm supposed to be providing a healer on a raid tonight" "it just dragged on, showing the newbies in the guild the ropes and i have to work with them on this raid" .. etc.. and they'd come out of the game as if they'd spent a full week working rather then having fun.

That to me, seems a reason not to play a game...

Exactly, I really play MMO's in the completely opposite way. I love them because I can log in for a little bit, do a quest, and then log out. Sometimes I just log in and chat with friends. I also have little desire to reach the level cap, for me that means the game is almost over until they raise it. I'm playing for the trip, not the destination.

that's why Final Fantasy XI was awesome :D it was not a casual game by any means, but the leveling up part was the most fun I ever had in an MMO game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Heh, you all should play EVE :shifty:

Heh, you all should play EVE :shifty:

Why would I want to play a game where the main features are "griefing" and "unbridled capitalism with no regulation"

Well, you answered your own question :shifty: Was more of a joke on MMOGs being work rather than play.

God... all this wow talk has me feeling like a guy who's been sober, but is now standing in the middle of a bar.

God... all this wow talk has me feeling like a guy who's been sober, but is now standing in the middle of a bar.

Don't relapse!

Unless you want to.

I'm more interested in the new StarCraft II expansion units and how they're going to completely **** with multiplayer balance.