RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

CoM_Solaufein

Hm, I kind of thought DEHR had done fairly well. The fans seemed to love it, the reviewers and assorted critics seemed to love it..

On a seperate note..

Kotaku - Saints Row the Third - Parachute Fights, Naked Henchmen, and getting Whored. All in the first 17% of the game

For that random Saints Row blurb. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There are some publicly available NPD figures for DXHR, 244K for August, 180K+ (as Resistance 3 sold 180K and was one place below it; grabbed both figures off the QT3 NPD thread) for September. Even if it sold significantly more than R3's 180K that's still not much more than one million worldwide. For What It's Worth (not much, r00fles) VGChartz has it at ~1.4 million

SE has also released the shipped figure.

Should really clarify that that isn't tanking by any stretch, but I'd imagine it would be well below their expectations.

I had missed that. Thank you for the info sir.

Is that sales or items shipped? That could make a large difference overall as Steam probably accounts for quite a bit of their install base for the PC.

I think Squeenix is going to end up having a few more bad games before stockholders revolt and revamp the upper eschelon. I know that one of their bigger investors dumped his stock citing (effectively) the fact that recent square titles have been garbage.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I picked up Saints Row 2 on steam last year when it was cheap. I'd say its worth it. Sure, the port has problems but I've had a lot of fun playing around on it. I actually preferred it to GTAIV. But then I liked that slight level of silly to it...

It's actually odd in that it can be in your face, over the top uber-violence, and then pull something thats actually emotional and kind of disturbing, give you a moment to actually feel something... and then throw you back into total silliness again.

Harrison Ford playing Uncharted 3. *spoilers*

"It's like being in a movie. Of course, in a movie I always win, in the game, I don't."

It's kind of fun in a weird way to see him getting into a game like that..

It's weird seeing him with an earring. It's not the 90s. Who wears earrings anymore?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's weird seeing him with an earring. It's not the 90s. Who wears earrings anymore?

People who don't have to care what other people think? :(

People who don't have to care what other people think? :shifty:

Then why am I not wearing one?! I'm so confused.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

People who don't have to care what other people think? :)

Then why am I not wearing one?! I'm so confused.

A lot of people who wear earrings are... :)

Awesome link, too.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And I hadn't realised they'd got the principle voice cast back again..apart from Eliza Dushku. Shaundi gets voiced by someone new..

Saints Row the Third - Character List

Hulk Hogan, Sasha Grey... interesting voice cast.

Daniel Dae Kim has been the voice of Jonny Gat since the first game... And Arif S Kinchen is reprising his role from the last game.

They had an interesting mix for Saints Row 2 - Michael Dorn, Jaime Pressley, Neil Patrick Harris, Jay Mohr... and of course Tera Patrick for the xbox dlc they did.

I guess they're a believer in not going for the usual routes..

Sasha Grey... interesting voice cast.

Hopefully they give Sasha Gray bit more lines then Rockstar gave for Jenna Jameson in GTA Vice City :ermm:

Maybe I'm being unfair here. Sasha Gray has done some mainstream work... but for some reason I can't think her as voice actress o:)

Doom 4 production postponed, id Soft in trouble after disappointing Rage launch?

iD has definately lost it's mojo. They don't really "get" what modern gamers nor old skool want. New players don't even know about Doom or Quake (it's all about Modern Warfare now) and iD's last good old skool game was Quake (Quake 2, Quake 3 or Doom 3 were average at best). It might as well be the end for the iD and they'll merge with parent company. I'm certain at that point original iD members would leave the company.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Sasha Grey... interesting voice cast.

Hopefully they give Sasha Gray bit more lines then Rockstar gave for Jenna Jameson in GTA Vice City o:)

Maybe I'm being unfair here. Sasha Gray has done some mainstream work... but for some reason I can't think her as voice actress o:)

Could it be that you're more accustomed to seeing her in other roles? :ermm: Anyways, I can say for sure that Sasha Gray can read, that should give her more lines than Jenna Jameson.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Diablo III free to annual WoW subscribers

Now that's really clever of you, Blizz.

The BlizzCon is transpiring right now and I think they're about to announce a new WOW expansion. Good timing too, with the impending SW:TOR launch and all that...

That sort of confirms who they are trying to appeal to with Diablo 3...and it ain't all the fans of the other Diablo games...

Hmm, perhaps they figured that with all their constant online statements it had made for something full of FAIL for Blizzard with the release of Diablo 3. Upset a whole bunch of people. So with a possible FAIL coming, they said...hey what can we do?

With this it becomes a WIN! Why. First, they figure a free online game like Diablo by Blizzard, same makers of WoW would appeal to those who already play always online games such as an MMORPG. Second, it's a way to win back those who they might lose subscriptions to in WoW. These people think...hey...two games for the price of one...I'm IN! And third, and finally...they can count a sale for EVERY person who falls under this umbrella. Have a mere 5 million annual subscribers (yes...mere...that's low for WoW) and they can instantly claim that they've sold 5 million copies of Diablo 3 via online measures.

Advertising is priceless...able to say...we haven't even released this yet and we have 5 million+ confirmed preorder sales...that's SALES as in retail copies sold...not shipped...and it brings a WHOLE LOT OF WIN! on the sales front, on the promotion front, and in the views of their boss company.

Just my thoughts on a possible reason to do this...turns a guaranteed FAIL/LOSS into a guaranteed WIN/Profit!!!!

PS: As an addition, I think they basically announced it as you get the next Expansion for free along with D3 as well. Which makes another WIN! They beat ToR to the punch!!!!

Edited by greylord