KOTOR 2 Saber battle animations

the only thing I really didn't like about KOTOR was the repetitive saber fighting animations. Because there is no input from the player during fighting, I think these animations (because they are pre-scripted) could be a lot better.

like duel of the fates better. anyone with me?

The Force is strong in marketing.

Blood and guts would limit the number of potential buyers because of the censorship rating.

On the other hand, Obi Wan didn't exactly split in half and drop his enthrails on the floor when Vader made Jedi Schnitzel of him in the first movie.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What should happen with the lighsaber is that one swing will kill you BUT the real 'health comes from the amour/protection you are wearing. Like in the first KOTOR the saber passed though a enemy wihout them dying. Ahem. With the protection of it would glance it and damage it, with the final kill coming from cutting through the protection/amour and cutting skin.

Thats how it should be

I'd like there to be a morale type thing. Like if you're winning your opponent would be driven backwards, or maybe back off to regroup.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

the only thing I really didn't like about KOTOR was the repetitive saber fighting animations.

Yeah, they did become tedious after you'd seen each one a thousand times. Not even master critical strike or flurry changed the animation.

But, like Craftsman said, in KotOR2 they will become better and more complex as you improve. This will probably be based on the feat level not your character.

I just hope they change that ridiculous Power Attack animation. With a single weapon you do a freakin' somersault! Once I'd seen that I never took the feat again.

Hmph, and there's me who thought the Power Attack animation was one of the better ones. Stlll Critical Strike was probably the best.

Allowing Light Sabers to lop Arms off would be in keeping with the Star Wars cannon, as Obi Wan did it at least twice. Full on blood and gore would look stupid though; we're talking about Lasers and Light Sabers remember. When you get hit or cut by one of them it'll be a clean and cauterized wound. *Tries to ignore the fact KoTOR also have Vibroblades*

With more animations it might also be possible to make combat flow realistically. KotOR is a realtime game but it still has "rounds" and when an attack is completed you stand there like an idiot waiting for the next round. With longer and more elaborate animations they could flow seamlessly and make lightsaber combat like the movies - not the disjointed, clumsy fights in KotOR.

Apart from the battle animations, they could add a little more drama to the death animations. Even if we can't have JA2 or FO2 style outcomes of battles. :huh:

How about making the PC version M-Rated, since it's going to sell in smaller quantities anyway ? B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nothing like beating an opponent to death with his own fists. Having 3 hands (2 of your own + 1 of your opponents) should give you an extra attack per round :)

Decapitation = *THE* most stupid idea, if incorporated in a consistent manner.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Define "consistent" ? :)

Define "consistent" ? :)

I'm guess he means if it happens to the Player and Party as well as enemies. That would just be annoying.

I could accept being able to disarm (*Snigger*) somebody with a Lightsaber. It could just be worked so that dismemberments can only be done by Lightsabers and only if the other player isn't also wielding a Lightsaber. A minor adjustment to make it so Players and Party can never be dismembered, and that it only happens occasionally and it would look plausible. Every so often you get a Critical Hit with a Lightsaber on a non-Jedi and lop off and arm.

I could accept being able to disarm (*Snigger*) somebody with a Lightsaber. It could just be worked so that dismemberments can only be done by Lightsabers and only if the other player isn't also wielding a Lightsaber. A minor adjustment to make it so Players and Party can never be dismembered, and that it only happens occasionally and it would look plausible. Every so often you get a Critical Hit with a Lightsaber on a non-Jedi and lop off and arm.

Replacement limbs seems to be a tradition in the Skywalker family, perhaps it's a ritual all Jedi have to go through ?

Replacement heads on the other hand (the jokes gets badder and badder here) might be a bit harder to replace... :)

They could add it as a nice final blow though, if the strike would bring your hitpoints below zero anyway. If death is imminent anyway, loosing a head doesn't really seem that important anymore :)

Jedi Academy had better lightsaber combat than Kotor. Sabers in Kotor were nothing but a glowing magical sword. I hope they can be made more deadly somehow, without the frustration. Reloading because of lost limbs would get old fast, but sabers should be clearly superior to ordinary melee weapons.

Insta-kill lightsabers would also be acceptable if the chance is small, say 1% to a max of 10% depending on your level. Most people hate that idea, though. Oh well.

They could do it like how "chunking" was done in the Infinity Engine, if it's a killing blow and a critical hit then do some dismemberment.

Course it would be quite rare if it was done like that but a nice surprise when did happen ... tacking on a user changeable dice roll or percentage chance [ed]on death blows[/ed] would be cool.

I liked playing DS Revan...

I wanted to destroy my enemies, i wanted to dismember them, I wanted to wade through a sea of blood , to decorate the walls with their skin dammit...

Errh... Peace and long life or some such...