True crime 1

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...orse-boxes.html

24 slaves, some held for 15 years, found at Travellers site near Leighton Buzzard. Police describe some as 'filth encrusted' with faeces, and dressed in rags.

Obviously someone in that community had a shred of decency, hence the raids. But what about the others? You can't hide 24 people beyond the wit of suspicion. Not in a bunch of temporary structures.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Typical monday, you're enjoying the cuppa your slave just prepared for you when a couple of hundred police officers hit your campsite in a Professional-style "bring everybody" raid. Fascists.

(that's really ****ed up.)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, man. **** tha polis! :lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Proper people do it to their family members.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Slavery? Keeping and starving people like dogs? In the middle of the Great Empire of Britannia?

Why am I not surprised at all?

I don't know. Are you operating under the impression that normal British people endorse slavery?

You jackass.

-Elwood Blues

Slavery? Keeping and starving people like dogs? In the middle of the Great Empire of Britannia?

Why am I not surprised at all?

I don't know. Are you operating under the impression that normal British people endorse slavery?

You jackass.

He's just sore the British Empire outlasted the Austrian one.

That and it's easy to wind up the British. Be glad he didn't insult their royalty

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Like I give a damn about the old Austrian Empire. We're better off today wothout those eastern European suckups anyway.

Seriously, how can you keep 24 slaves in such condition without noticing anybody? Are such methods still accepted among British society? Must also explain the British Fritz case, where social workers strolled around and "didn't notice anything suspicious".

But that's not important. Important is only chanting

FOR THE QUEEN AND HER GLORY!!!!

Well, people like to mind their business, generally. In London, well they prefer to ignore your existence entirely. Interesting story though.

Seriously, how can you keep 24 slaves in such condition without noticing anybody? Are such methods still accepted among British society? Must also explain the British Fritz case, where social workers strolled around and "didn't notice anything suspicious".

Are you drunk or something? I mentioned this in the OP.

Or have you just not read the article or watched the video? It wasn't a normal British community. Gotta love the little kid giving out to the police as slaves are being lead away to freedom.

-Elwood Blues

Well it is a fair question to ask. Maybe they all like cricket and tea ?

For those who might not have actually recognised the term it was a "traveller's site"

Traveller's is the catch all term over here for the collected "irish (many generations ago) tinkers/gypsy families /thieving, littering gits" who roam around in a pseudo-nomadic lifestyle.

Not to stereotype them, I've met some who are perfectly nice folks if you treat them as everybody else and earn their friendship.

The trouble is, I've also met plenty of the other sort who set up camp on the common, trash the place, leave shattered beer bottles and such around to injure the locals dogs, steal the milk from your doorstep, act bolshy when you find them trying to get up the sidewalk of your house, and then complain about human rights abuses when the police come to move them on from where they're illegally camped.

So, not exactly the "common / normal" of the UK population.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well them, sensible question answered sensibly.

Apparently twenty eight people had previously escaped from the camp over the last few years and reported the situation, one has to wonder what the local constabulary were doing.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

For those who might not have actually recognised the term it was a "traveller's site"

Traveller's is the catch all term over here for the collected "irish (many generations ago) tinkers/gypsy families /thieving, littering gits" who roam around in a pseudo-nomadic lifestyle.

Not to stereotype them, I've met some who are perfectly nice folks if you treat them as everybody else and earn their friendship.

The trouble is, I've also met plenty of the other sort who set up camp on the common, trash the place, leave shattered beer bottles and such around to injure the locals dogs, steal the milk from your doorstep, act bolshy when you find them trying to get up the sidewalk of your house, and then complain about human rights abuses when the police come to move them on from where they're illegally camped.

So, not exactly the "common / normal" of the UK population.

See the movie 'Snatch' for a visual explanation of this. :p

Apparently twenty eight people had previously escaped from the camp over the last few years and reported the situation, one has to wonder what the local constabulary were doing.

Holy crap. Where did you read that?

I know I worked opposite a 'traveller' site many years ago. Bloke used to spang the crap out of his wife. We called it in at least three times. Police NEVER turned up. Thier kids threw bricks through the office windows, injured my colleague's face. Police never turned up. Eventually, local businesses hired private security. Not sure what they did but the worst offenders moved on.

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can defend criminality as an ethnic choice. Or rather, if you can then why the mafia/'Ndrangheta/triads don't use the argument is quite beyond me.

"Extorting money from local businesses is a practice rooted in generations of ethnic history. You racist."

-Elwood Blues

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can defend criminality as an ethnic choice. Or rather, if you can then why the mafia/'Ndrangheta/triads don't use the argument is quite beyond me.

"Extorting money from local businesses is a practice rooted in generations of ethnic history. You racist."

Because they are not really criminals! It's just racist stereotypes! And even if they occasionally commit a crime or two, it's still because you're a racist! :( (At least that's what the local pravda is trying to ram down my throat).

Well with the popularity of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, they are all going to become celebrities and get paid just for existing. That should cut down on the crime rate.

Anecdotal: the local gypsies (who are not Irish travelers, but actual Roma) are rather heavily involved in the local race horse business (not all of them mind). One of our process servers told that their houses were some of the most impressive ones he'd ever visisted - and he'd been there in a professional capacity. Not necessarily an extrapolation from this, but as a rule, throwing money at people won't make them go straight. They'll just do it from cadillac escalades.