Is there a way to make the camera stay behind the character?

Hi,

I'm following your opinion, this is exactly the way it should be! There are far enough other keys/buttons to press, why should Ibe bothered with taking care that the camera is always behind my character.

Nothing against the possibility to look around - the guys at Obsidian should have a look at the name giving outstanding original games from GPG! The tunnel like view of DSIII, the lack of zooming out to have an overview over the scene, the lack of looking up in the sky - DSIII is no Dungeon Siege and I can hardly believe, that Chris Taylor should have taken more than a glance.

But to get back to the plan: If Obsidian could expand the game with an auto-following camera mode, that would be more than nice, it would surely add playability, above all in fights!

greedz!

Not to be rude but,.... That only ever happens a few times in the game to show off the enviroment and even less in combat situations.

Instead of playing the Ironic of the Day (not to be rude...) you should lay more weight in pointing out what you meant with "That". I mentioned several things which are weaknesses of the game after my opinion.

And besides that, it's surely better to let this thread stay at its topic, isn't it? I apologize for leaving the trail, ;-).

greedz!

Not to be rude but,.... That only ever happens a few times in the game to show off the enviroment and even less in combat situations.

What only happens a few times in the game?

My character will be running along one of the paths in the game and then the path turns left, and so I guide my character to go left, the camera is now looking at my characters side instead of being behind him where I think many people believe it should be (I know I believe that's where the camera should be), but this is not something that only happens a frew times in the game, so I'm guessing that you are speaking of something else entirely.

The constant necessity to have to manipulate the camera every few moments is becoming a game breaker to me, so I hope that I'm simply missing something here and just need to click a checkbox somewhere or edit a config file that will make the camera more restrictive unless I directly input to move it.

Edited by City Builder

@City Builder I thought of a different behavior, sorry. The camera DOES turn with you, though. It does it rather slowly though to give you better visibility and not just swing around. It works very well for me personally and its not really one of the problems I have with the camera.

I personally don't know of a way to prevent the behavior though. Tigranes and Lady Crimson took a closer look at the DSIII files I think. Try to ask them in a PM if they saw something related.

@goetzm: Not to be rude meant here here what it shuld mean and has NOTHING to do with Irony (And if it was actually meant to be Irony it would be pretty ****ty illogical irony). So if you don't want me to be frindly I can do that too. Also if I don't specifiy "THAT"..... I think the most logical conclusion would be that I mean the thread topic and not your posts specifically. Don't you think so, genius?

Edited by C2B