What you did today

Tale

Should just add: I don't give a **** about Steve Jobs. How's Tarna?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had my hair cut yesterday. It never ceases to amaze me how good it feels to get hair off one's ears.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The heatwave has passed and the temperature has really dropped here (at least in comparison to the heat side), was one of those mornings where you just didn't want to get out of bed because you knew it was cold out of the blankets....

The puppy seems to have a bit of the devil in him today, chucked a ball around and hopefully exercised some of that from him..

Putting the finishing touches to a few things before mom heads to hospital for the day. Here's hoping that this is one of the times the surgeons remember what she's allergic to and don't give it to her....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's clearly a HMMWV

-Elwood Blues

I hated it at first too, but reading websites like a book on your bed or sofa is awesome among other things

Yeah, that's probably what I'd use it for...surfing the 'net from the couch/bed. :lol: Which isn't reason enough to run out and spend cash on the thing. I don't need portable/wireless computing for work/school or hobbies so...it's just not something I care to spend that much on. The deskchair/monitor works fine. :p But the Kindle-Fire for $200 might be interesting. We'll see. The iPad2 does have a pretty screen, I"ll give it that.

Anyway...despite our 2009 filing, the IRS is somehow mistaking e-trade's transaction reports for the capital gain/securities amounts, or something, and claims we owe them another 10K. What a mess, so bogus.

Hubby barely used the site a few years ago to check things out during the crash - he wasn't very serious about it and he did not make any gains anywhere even remotely worth 10K in taxes, that's for sure. -_-

I don't mind paying my share of taxes...but I sure hate the IRS. And I'm not very happy with e-trade at the moment either (their transaction numbers don't match what hubby did).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sat out on the front step with the dachshund and enjoyed the cool morning.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

went to a "sexy safari" party

people dressed in... well not much at all to be honest, but there was some zebra print etc around

somehow i ended up in a monk's robe. not sure how that relates to safari at all, but whatever

took a friend who usually gets a bit anxious around people she doesn't know that well, but she seemed to be having a pretty good time. she proceeded to team up with someone to pin me down and pull my pants off, so maybe having the robe was a good thing

lost her at one point though, but when i was outside i heard her calling out for me, so i hunted around and found her in the garden. she'd drunk a bit much and wasn't feeling very good, so i got hold of her boyfriend and he came and picked her up

still, was a pretty good night

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

So my mom's home from hospital now, post surgery with her main hand bound up and immobilised for the next 6 weeks or so..

She went with having a nerve block so she could keep an eye on the doctors.. But yes, she only has use of her off-hand, and they decide that a good dinner meal would be picking up a lobster..

So I then have to spend time cracking open all of the lobster so she can eat.. now my fingers have that "soaked-in-salt-water" sensation..

Was quite funky actually, one of the lobsters turned out to be female and had a massive amount of roe. Really shocking orange-pink kind of color. I can see why they call it coral roe.

So my mom's home from hospital now, post surgery with her main hand bound up and immobilised for the next 6 weeks or so..

She went with having a nerve block so she could keep an eye on the doctors.. But yes, she only has use of her off-hand, and they decide that a good dinner meal would be picking up a lobster..

So I then have to spend time cracking open all of the lobster so she can eat.. now my fingers have that "soaked-in-salt-water" sensation..

Was quite funky actually, one of the lobsters turned out to be female and had a massive amount of roe. Really shocking orange-pink kind of color. I can see why they call it coral roe.

Isn't that supposed to be a delicacy? Anyway, you're a good son doing that for her!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I built a row of rabbit cages with a small fenced in enclosure. Sometime next week I'll see about buying a herd and give rabbit farming a try. The trick will be to keep the coyotes out but I think I've got it figured out.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I built a row of rabbit cages with a small fenced in enclosure. Sometime next week I'll see about buying a herd and give rabbit farming a try. The trick will be to keep the coyotes out but I think I've got it figured out.

I completed some effective serialization of a custom file format. Completed more of my game engine architecture.

redacted

Had a tenuous run today - my right knee tweaked a few days ago, so I am trying to follow my routine while also listening to my knee!

@ Raithe: Does your mom have support during the healing process other than family? Does she need that kind of assistance or do things look okay?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Had a tenuous run today - my right knee tweaked a few days ago, so I am trying to follow my routine while also listening to my knee!

@ Raithe: Does your mom have support during the healing process other than family? Does she need that kind of assistance or do things look okay?

Well they basically cut her hand open and removed some bone from her thumb joint. Or well, hammered out one of the small bones that make that up.

In about two weeks they take they unbandage it and take the stiches out, then put it into a splint, then about another 3 or 4 weeks and they start her on phsyio for it.

The fun is popping out her pain meds and such along with the plethora of "normal" meds. But mostly have her sat back with her laptop watching dvd's at the moment..

Went shopping. We bought $300.50 of groceries.

Yeah, that's always a bit of a shock. I can keep my weekly groceries to around $120, but every few months I have to go all out and pick up a bunch of the bigger stuff.

Usually I hit $400 when I go to Costco, but I try and only go there a few times a year.

It's always fun when you're reading something..suddenly feel the need to blow your nose..then find out that it's actually blood. :shifty:

@ Raithe: I hope her healing goes well!

I have an update about tarna. He just left me a message and wanted me to share that he has to go back into the hospital for another - unexpected - surgery or two. I will post any updates as I hear them, but please do hold him in thought & with intention.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: