What you did today

Tale

Where did you think the inspiration for "Pet Cemetary" came from? :lol:

Stephen King's hate of dogs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Today was a lazy day. I spent the morning playing Empire Total War leading the armies of the Tsar through Armenia and Turkey. Then I fell asleep on the couch while watching football. I woke up after dark and could not gin up the motivation for anything more complex than a bowl of Raisin Bran for dinner.

I've only actually faced Turk organ guns once. Surprised the crap out of me, and unluckily for my AI opponent my fight response kicked in. The entire army bore down on the luckless battery. Only got off one more salvo.

Did very little gaming this weeked. Sleeping in the garden and reading, mostly.

Still coughing up green chunks. Hopefully won't last much beyond today.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Back to work after the relaxing weekend. Annoyingly stuck behind thick curtains to concentrate on the computer screen. I shall have to find some papers to read later and sneak out for a coffee in the sunshine. Weather should be back to a revolting English normal tomorrow!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today was a lazy day. I spent the morning playing Empire Total War leading the armies of the Tsar through Armenia and Turkey. Then I fell asleep on the couch while watching football. I woke up after dark and could not gin up the motivation for anything more complex than a bowl of Raisin Bran for dinner.

I've only actually faced Turk organ guns once. Surprised the crap out of me, and unluckily for my AI opponent my fight response kicked in. The entire army bore down on the luckless battery. Only got off one more salvo.

I had 8 batteries of 4" mortars. I formed up the army beyond their artillery range and spent the the first 15 min of the engagement in counter battery fire, raining hard shot and carcass shot on their artillery until it broke and fled. Then sent in the infantry at an oblique angle to their front line and swept their flank with Hussars once the line was engaged. Old Boney would have been proud. Artillery is the queen of battle.

Anywho, I could talk Total War games all day, by far my favorite games ever.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Funnily enough, when I first heard that term was looking up on it and was amused to find "soldiers" upset at the use of a feminine term for their manly role :) Successfully tricked myself into being motivated for work today, not really sure how which is annoying as I can't use it in the future.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I got lost in some research and reading stuff rather then taking notes.. and now I'm being hit with that wave of exhaustion as the evening sets in.

I mean, sure I explored some interesting areas...but I feel as if I kind of failed getting actual work done..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just got home, had a date tonight. It went pretty well.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Urf. Being a tad bizarre start to the morning.

Had a night of insomnia and emerged in the morning with a headache.. However, the limited sleep I did get was full of dreams about struggling with insomnia trying to sleep with a headache... so I have no idea which is remnants of the dreams and which was reality. Just that I'm shattered and have a headache.... ;)

Had a night of insomnia and emerged in the morning with a headache.. However, the limited sleep I did get was full of dreams about struggling with insomnia trying to sleep with a headache... so I have no idea which is remnants of the dreams and which was reality. Just that I'm shattered and have a headache.... ;)

If Hades were still here he'd tell you it's simple. The one that sucks more, that's reality.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah have to vote on Thursday. Thankfully the NDP hasn't trucked out Layton's corpse. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a night of insomnia and emerged in the morning with a headache.. However, the limited sleep I did get was full of dreams about struggling with insomnia trying to sleep with a headache... so I have no idea which is remnants of the dreams and which was reality. Just that I'm shattered and have a headache.... :lol:

If Hades were still here he'd tell you it's simple. The one that sucks more, that's reality.

Good ol' Sand, he always did look on the brighter side didn't he?

Thomas Sowell

Did you have a way to test it Bokishi?

Disappointed with the iPhone 4S, not buying.

No it was just after viewing the presentation, I was expecting a radical new design like what they did with the iPad 2, but it still looks identical to the regular 4 with a few bumped up specs. And I'm sure the voice recognition will become available to the regular 4 eventually after a jailbreak

Edited by Bokishi

Would this review echo your experience then Bokishi?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-ho...article2191256/

Yes pretty much, I was expecting an iPhone with a much slimmer design and larger screen, if they coupled such changes with the other features they added, then it would have gained a better reaction I think.

Past midnight....enjoying the sound of the rain while I read news articles. Then sleepy time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Joy. One of those days where everyone in the family is annoying/irritating everyone else. So lots of snappishness passing back and forth and general ragh spilling around.

Ah well, trying not to get too stressed with it all. A fresh cup of tea to soothe the day along.

Obviously catching up on sleep last night. Slept through my alarm and got 12 hours.

Cough almost gone. No goop. Looks like I'm back on fighting form!

*coughs*

Bugger.

Nearly back. ;)

-Elwood Blues