What you did today

Tale

End of old thread.

I had to get a cat to stop chewing on my shoelaces. It's a never ending journey.

I even bought him shoelaces just for him to play with. He prefers my boots.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just realized that i haven't been smoking for a month after been smoking for 10 years. Quitting smoking has never been easier. "How?" you may ask. I have started to use e-cigarettes. Tried it once and never looked back. You get all the benefits of quitting smoking with without sacrificing anything really. It is also cheaper than smoking.

It isn't like smoking old analog cigs, it is more like cigarette 2.0! Much more vapour, and the taste that i have found is better than any other smoke out there: A dry tobacco inhale and a slight sugary vanilla or caramel as aftertaste. It actually good to smoke, eh, i mean to vapour. I didn't actually quit smoking, i simply evolved :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cigarette 2.0, heh brilliant. I should convince my mom to quit, although I joke that she's going to kill me with the second hand and her response is 'Well I brought you into the world, who better to take you out?'. Woke up bright and early today, time to get cleaning!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cigarette 2.0, heh brilliant. I should convince my mom to quit, although I joke that she's going to kill me with the second hand and her response is 'Well I brought you into the world, who better to take you out?'. Woke up bright and early today, time to get cleaning!

Trust me, the type that i posted in my link is simply unbelievable. There simply no excuse to continue smoking when you have on of those. The "feel" is better, the amount of vapour is more thick, you can decide what taste you want (

or
) and how much nicotine you want. Personally, i use as low as possible to keep the addiction at bay.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trust me, the type that i posted in my link is simply unbelievable. There simply no excuse to continue smoking when you have on of those. The "feel" is better, the amount of vapour is more thick, you can decide what taste you want (

or
) and how much nicotine you want. Personally, i use as low as possible to keep the addiction at bay.

I know they are still pretty new, but how is it on the health front? Does it eliminate second-hand smoke concerns? It doesn't smell either, right?

Surely it would make more sense for those to be e-cigars?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

or

I know they are still pretty new, but how is it on the health front? Does it eliminate second-hand smoke concerns? It doesn't smell either, right?

You inhale none of carcinogens found in a cigarette. No smoke, no tar, nothing of the like. What you exhale in simply water vapour, so no second hand smoke. Generally they don't smell unless you have some added ingredient like, well crab juice :)

I am not saying that they 100% safe since i do not know all the substances used for taste. Nicotine is of course a concern, but that is as harmful as coffeine.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Surely it would make more sense for those to be e-cigars?

Why? you still get that throat hit like from cigarettes when inhaling since the glycerine or glykol (the base of the vaporized liquid) give the same feeling. As for you, i recommend this:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well, because of the hot spiciness in the mouth. The flavour aspect. Never smoked a cigarette while sober enough to recall what it's like. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just realized that i haven't been smoking for a month after been smoking for 10 years. Quitting smoking has never been easier. "How?" you may ask. I have started to use e-cigarettes. Tried it once and never looked back. You get all the benefits of quitting smoking with without sacrificing anything really. It is also cheaper than smoking.

It isn't like smoking old analog cigs, it is more like cigarette 2.0! Much more vapour, and the taste that i have found is better than any other smoke out there: A dry tobacco inhale and a slight sugary vanilla or caramel as aftertaste. It actually good to smoke, eh, i mean to vapour. I didn't actually quit smoking, i simply evolved >_<

Yeah, it's called vapourising, and it's also what I do with marijuana (although I use quite a different device, it's the same principle).

Smoking is ****ing horrible.

Yep, avoiding TV due to that. Well that and there's never anything good on on a Sunday

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep, avoiding TV due to that. Well that and there's never anything good on on a Sunday

I beg to differ, Palladia has been running Gorillaz's MTV world stage. Don't know what I will do after that :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Still acclimatising to the American Life, with the necessary funny/stupid slipups. Tried to cook some mussels but the supermarket only sold bags of horribly smelly, liquified crap that somehow passes for mussels. Predictably, I was sick all evening.

:bat:

Arg. Now I'm annoyed.

A handful of rpg books were being sold on ebay, so I was all set to snipe in and get them. Set up, just had to flip through tabs and hit confirm bid for each book.

And then my frikken system locked up in that last 15 seconds . >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still acclimatising to the American Life, with the necessary funny/stupid slipups. Tried to cook some mussels but the supermarket only sold bags of horribly smelly, liquified crap that somehow passes for mussels. Predictably, I was sick all evening.

In the US, you'll probably want to pick up Blue mussels. Those are in season during the winter and early spring. Depending on where you live, there might be specialty fish shops with better selections. Sorry got sick. >_<

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In the US, you'll probably want to pick up Blue mussels. Those are in season during the winter and early spring. Depending on where you live, there might be specialty fish shops with better selections. Sorry got sick. >_<

mc is correct. what tigranes identified as mussels is unlikely to be available fresh anywhere in the US. fresh blue mussels is readily available 'round the year, particularly in the northeast or northwest. mc correctly identifies the season during which they is most flavorful, but you should be able to get in summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr5L1IGSRmQ

last couple minutes offers some simple and useful purchasing tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr-hMSwZ0a4...feature=related

part 2 offers storage tips, cooking recommendations.

good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thought I was going to play Dead Island (finally). First Deep Silver shipped the games late so, my copy arrived today from the finnish retailer. Now I noticed it includes the wrong ******** code. Steam won't install it since it's for wrong region. Eat **** Deep Silver. Don't think I'll ever actually buy your games again.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Today is the 4th day I've been able to get 3 hours of sleep all in a row. Which is an improvement from an hour. Makes me happy. I really really need more uninterrupted sleep. Heh.

Currently making some noodles for lunch, then it'll be errand time. Can't believe it's Sept. already. We had thunder and a brief rain shower here already. Weather is so kooky now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watching the new season of Mythbusters start up, enjoying some home-grown apples stewed, with sultanas, cinnamon, and dark sugar...

Trying to gird myself to clean the kitty litter in a bit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey LadyCrimson, how about them:

:)

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell