The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

Are you really going to argue that Torturechips has had a better career in the NHL than Sather has? Are you drunk? I don't like Sathers' run in NY but there's no disputaing he's a HOF builder.. the same can't be said for Torturechips.

Wade Redden = underrated

"his teams have made it to the playoffs seven out of eleven times under his watch. That's not too shabby."

7 out of 11? This isn't baseball. That's not impressive in a league where more than half the teams makes it. And, in Tb, he had a pretty damn loaded team while in NY he keeps making dumb inconsistent decisions and the onyl reason he cna make playoffs uis because of their goalie.

Sather, meanwhile, is no strnager to championship glory or domination.

sATHER > Torturechips.

Undisputable fact.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are you really going to argue that Torturechips has had a better career in the NHL than Sather has? Are you drunk? I don't like Sathers' run in NY but there's no disputaing he's a HOF builder.. the same can't be said for Torturechips.

Wade Redden = underrated

"his teams have made it to the playoffs seven out of eleven times under his watch. That's not too shabby."

7 out of 11? This isn't baseball. That's not impressive in a league where more than half the teams makes it. And, in Tb, he had a pretty damn loaded team while in NY he keeps making dumb inconsistent decisions and the onyl reason he cna make playoffs uis because of their goalie.

Sather, meanwhile, is no strnager to championship glory or domination.

sATHER > Torturechips.

Undisputable fact.

how about indisputable though?

And, in Tb, he had a pretty damn loaded team

Lol, what would you call the teams that Slats coached to victory then? Pluggers and grinders?

I never said that Torts was better than Sather. I said I don't mind Tortorella. Learn the difference.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Is it just me or does this NHL season feel a bit boring?

I used to follow Toronto rabidly, but ever since Sundin left, there's no real.. spark to the team. No star power? Not sure what to call it. But it's a soulless team with boring Kessel as the main goal scorer and a washed up (personal opinion) Phaneuf as captain.. They're playing quite good, but they're just not fun to watch anymore.

I also used to enjoy watching the 'battle' between Crosby and Ovechkin. But Crosby is brain damaged and Ovechkin seems to have lost his flair.

I don't know, maybe I am losing my interest in hockey.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I used to follow Toronto rabidly

You poor bastard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's like magic that the Rangers have started to win when Avery isa round the team. Coincidence? Many will claim it to be so but I have my doubts.

Avery > Torturechips

So apparently the Devils are up to something...I've heard we might be shopping around for Kyle Turris or Sam Gagne....Would be quite interesting. Sykora has proven he can play in the league still, so he may become tradebait but I sincerely hope he does not, seeing how fantastic Elias has been playing with him.

Kovalchuck better step up very quickly or he risks becoming one of the biggest trade bust in league history. Let's not forget he's on a 100 million dollar contract right now.

Parise looks snakebitten. He's playing very well but he just can't find the back of the net. Hopefully when Travis Zajac returns Kovy+Zajac+Parise line will click, and we can keep Sykora+Elias+Zubrus together (who have unarguably been our best line).

So, while Phil Kessel can be amazing all the time,* Ben Scrivens' awesomeness is limited to the central division. Well, two points is two points, and gladly taken. Even better news is Reimer is close to returning. Can't happen soon enough, if only to keep Burke from pulling Turco out of mothballs.

*except against the Bruins.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Watching Panthers/Devils game right now. It was ugly at the end of the 1st with NJ leading 3-0 but the cats have battled back to 3-2. They've got a good team this year. For a change.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Watching Panthers/Devils game right now. It was ugly at the end of the 1st with NJ leading 3-0 but the cats have battled back to 3-2. They've got a good team this year. For a change.

AAAAAAAND the devils can't hold a 3-0.

Parise needs to pick it the f**k up.

Panther win 4-3. Yesssss! That snaps a two game skid. Kudos to Chris Versteeg for two.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Welcome back, Sid the Kid! Please stay healthy!!

Scores a fantastic goal on his third (?) shift of the game? One of the best ever.

Yeah, that one will be on the highlight reels for some time.

Is there a better all around player in the league? Probably not.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Only a handful of defenseman would be even worth consideirng that deal and I doubt their teams are gonna trade them. Malkin is fine though. Why bash him? He's not even my fave top player but why the hatin on the playoff MVP?

Krookie didn't say anything negative about Malkin, he just wishes they would move him for a top defenseman. I loved Devin Setoguchi, but I was still excited that the Sharks moved him for Brent Burns, because it filled a serious hole in the Sharks lineup.

I agree that there probably isn't anyone worth Malkin on the market though.

Only a handful of defenseman would be even worth consideirng that deal and I doubt their teams are gonna trade them. Malkin is fine though. Why bash him? He's not even my fave top player but why the hatin on the playoff MVP?

Malkin is probably my favorite player of all time, along with Patrik Elias.

I want Malkin to be traded because I think he's capable of having a team built around him, and he's been in Crosby's shadow too long in Pittsburgh.

O RLY? he certainly wans't in Crosby's shadow that year he was dominating the league or when he won the playoff MVP. I remmeber at thsoe times people were claiming that Malkin was better than crosby and Ovechkin. He's in Crosby's 'shadow' right now because crosby is playing like abeats and was seriously injured and justc ame back. Plus, Kanadians ar every protective of hockey and are extremely bigotyed.

I'd consider moving Malkin for a Drew Doughtry or Shay Weber type d-man.

I was thinking Shea Weber as well, since Nashville still has Ryan Suter and they really need a guy like Malkin. But I doubt that is enough for him, and Nashville probably doesn't have the moolah to sign him in the long run. What's his contract status anyways?

Of course you'd have to sweeten the pot a fair bit for that to work. I'm not familiar enough with the Predators to know what else they have that's worthwhile.

Weber signed a one year deal worth 7.5 million at the start of the season.

And kudos to Boston for winning their tenth straight game in a row tonight. That's mighty impressive.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif