The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel.

Scary moment for Pronger. Too bad, he was off to a great start.

As for my beloved Oilers...it's still too early to tell. I like most of the new additions the team brought in, although Andy Sutton and Cam Barker make me **** my pants/ shake my head altogether way too much during the course of a hockey game. The results are much better, our team isn't acting like complete and utter morons in their own end so much so far this year.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel.

Scary moment for Pronger. Too bad, he was off to a great start.

He's lucky it's only 2-3 weeks. That could of ended his season.

Devils have been alright in the first few games. We still don't put up enough goals as we should with two goal scorers like Parise/Kovalchuck. We're desperately missing Travis Zajac from the line up...he wont be back for a couple more weeks. Kovy needs someone to dish him the puck.

Elias isn't even worth talking about because he's the same magnificent player he's always been. Scoring big goals, quarterbacking the powerplay, scoring more goals than Parise also :)

Edited by Krookie

"Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel."

The elague couldn't even claim to have the best hockey players in the last 3 years without Jagr playing in it. Shame on the Ranegrs and rest of the league. For shame.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel."

The elague couldn't even claim to have the best hockey players in the last 3 years without Jagr playing in it. Shame on the Ranegrs and rest of the league. For shame.

How many goals/points do you expect Jagr to put up?

I would say 40-60 points would be about right. He will get that power play time, which will probably net 30 points in itself.

I'm surprised you guys would think he could score as low as 40. Maybe I'm optimistic for him but I don't see him scoring under 50 points

I would say 40-60 points would be about right. He will get that power play time, which will probably net 30 points in itself.

I'm surprised you guys would think he could score as low as 40. Maybe I'm optimistic for him but I don't see him scoring under 50 points

I can see it. One, he might miss a few games due to injury. The older you are, the harder it is to bounce back from stuff, so I really think 70 games is more likely than 82. I'm not talking major injuries, just general bumps and bruises that come from a tough NHL season. Two, I'm assuming he isn't as fast as he once was. I haven't seen enough of his play to really know for sure, but it's normal to slow down at this age.

I can see it. One, he might miss a few games due to injury. The older you are, the harder it is to bounce back from stuff, so I really think 70 games is more likely than 82. I'm not talking major injuries, just general bumps and bruises that come from a tough NHL season. Two, I'm assuming he isn't as fast as he once was. I haven't seen enough of his play to really know for sure, but it's normal to slow down at this age.

He had 3 breakaways two games ago, scored on 2 of them. He may have lost a step but his positioning/puck control is the same it's always been

Yeah, saying jagr lost a step just means he's just not as fast as the fastest skaters but he can still more than hold his own with the vast majority of the league plus hisd 20 years of NHl ex[perience likely helps too. Not too many of those guys still hanging around.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=3588

Here's a thoguht dumbnutz: Perhaps, you wouldn't have crappy forwards strugling if you didn't throw one of your better ones in the trash. Why isn't this punk thrown in the trssh yet?

Rangers are notorious for ruining good players. Won't change anything, I think both Richards/Gaborik's best days are behind them

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=598208

Are the Ranegrs this stupid? This is the same player they calimed sucked and was thrown in the trash for not being good enough. Yet, now here theya re, begging him to be the solution to their offensive woes despite the fact he only scored 3 goals last season.

Are the Ranegrs so friggin' insane they don't see how pathetic theya re? How the hell does your ehad coach call some out as being woprthless trash then the team turns around and begs him to return? LMAO

btw, For the tools proudly boosting that Avery's NHL days were behind him and no team woudl want him.. WRONG. Seems the Rangers do.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

P.S. While I love Avery, I hope another team picks him just so I cna laugh at the retartedness of the Ranger coach and GM some more. HAHAHAHA!

btw, For the tools proudly boosting that Avery's NHL days were behind him and no team woudl want him.. WRONG. Seems the Rangers do.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So the only team that wants Avery is the one you constantly call a bunch of morons?

sounds about right

Plenty of teams would wantb him but they probably waiting until he's done with his obligation to the losers in NY.

Dallas wanted him but he didn't want them or their sloppy seconds. R0ofles!

Doesn'ty change the fact that people claimed Averyw as done in the NHL. HAHAHAHA!

I think both Richards/Gaborik's best days are behind them

Gaborik, maybe, but I still think that Richards is one of the best centers in the league. Unless injured, he'll still put up near PPG numbers. Even playing on the Rangers.

Gaborik is probably gonna be that player who, ten years from now, people will wonder what he would have been capable of if he wasn't so injury prone.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I think both Richards/Gaborik's best days are behind them

Gaborik, maybe, but I still think that Richards is one of the best centers in the league. Unless injured, he'll still put up near PPG numbers. Even playing on the Rangers.

Gaborik is probably gonna be that player who, ten years from now, people will wonder what he would have been capable of if he wasn't so injury prone.

yeah Gaborik's always had issues. I can see the argument for Richards being very good - and I still think he is, I just don't think he has anymore 90+ point seasons in him. He's done it what, twice? No reason that he can't be a number 1 center for most teams for a few more years, but if he doesn't get some help from Gaborik I think the Rangers will struggle.

Richards has hit the 90 point plateau twice. He's one of those elite centers that can make his linemates play a lot better.

I think the Rangers will struggle anyway. I don't mind the coach, he's won it all before, but their GM is an idiot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"I think the Rangers will struggle anyway. I don't mind the coach, he's won it all before, but their GM is an idiot."

Living off of one successful season when he had a pretty stacked team. Look at the 3 superstars he had on this team. Torturechips is a horrible coach NOW. The fact that he is full of bs when it comes to Avery should prove this since he just goes abck and forth randomly with whatever nonsense he spews forth.

Richards isa good player but he is not an elite center. Two 90+ point seasons ain't good enough.

The only reason why Rangers are even close to being compettitve is the man behind tween the pipes. Otherwise, they are Toronto/Edmonton of the past few seasons bad.

P.S. You brag about Torturecips ONE SC yet seemingly ignore the fact that the Rangers GM is not strnager to championship success. L0L

Edited by Volourn

Sather hasn't won **** in ages. He may not be the dumbest GM in the league, but he's up there.

Two words : Wade Redden

Tortorella has been coaching in the NHL for just over a decade, and his teams have made it to the playoffs seven out of eleven times under his watch. That's not too shabby.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif