The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

All I know is that the Kings haven't lost a road game so far in the playoffs. That's incredible.

And I'd give a few bucks to hear what was said during the handshake line after that game.

Brown could be getting a call from Banahan tomorrow.

Hopefully the finals have better officiating than what we saw tonight. Yikes.

Go Jersey!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"don't think you can put all the blame on Tortz"

I absolutely can blame Torturechips. His coaching style handcuffs offensive players into not playing games. They fear making a mistake so much they don't take risks. the best offensive players take risks. That's what they do. But, Torturechips is happy allowingh the other etam to diominate games and crosses his fingers that the King can make 40 saves for a 1-0 shutout win. L0L

That's piss poor coaching,.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"don't think you can put all the blame on Tortz"

I absolutely can blame Torturechips. His coaching style handcuffs offensive players into not playing games. They fear making a mistake so much they don't take risks. the best offensive players take risks. That's what they do. But, Torturechips is happy allowingh the other etam to diominate games and crosses his fingers that the King can make 40 saves for a 1-0 shutout win. L0L

That's piss poor coaching,.

I didn't say you couldn't blame him lol...I just said you can't put ALL the blame on him. Regardless of whether or not his coaching style handcuffs players they need to find a way to produce within the system if that's what they are paid to do. Look at Kovalchuk. He's been forced to play responsibly since he arrived in Jersey and he sure as hell struggled with it at first - but now he's back. It is simply inexcusable for Brodeur have the same about of points as Richards and Gaborik have even strength combined. They'll need to step up if they want to win this series (although I'm praying they don't :p)

Go Rangers/Devils. Going into the WCF I was thinking I would root for the winner. I generally like seeing teams win who have never won before. But I will projectile vomit if Brown touches the cup.

Not sure how I feel about the series as a whole. The better team did win. The officiating was absolutely horrendous. Dustin Brown is a piece of garbage and Mike Smith is losing me as a fan with his antics. The ending sucked. I was hoping the last game would be at home, so we could give the Coyotes a proper sendoff. Instead they saluted the fans to a chorus of boos and the band wagoners known as Phoenix sports fans throwing garbage at the Kings and the officials. Embarrassing.

It was an amazing season which I will have lots of good memories from, but if this is to be the end to the Phoenix Coyotes, the last couple minutes are not really worth remembering.

I'd still love to have Brown on my team anyday.

The whining from the Phoenix players is pretty bad. I can't say I've lost any respect for Mike Smith, because I never had any in the first place. I saw him play against the Oilera earlier in the year and he did the biggest dive and belly flop I've ever seen to draw a penalty. And hacking away at opponents after they score on him is classless. That being said, he did stand on his head and carry his team through the post season. Maybe his comments are a result of taking too many shots to the head.

Any Phoenix players complaining about Browns hit should watch the game tape of the last game Marian Hossa played.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Brown hit was a messy play. He deserved a penalty, but you've got three Coyotes entering the zone at full speed. Brown is coming in fast trying to break up the rush. He's trying to get his shoulder into the guy, but while he's turning he gets more leg on leg. I just don't see how it is suspension worthy, this is a physical game. The whistle also came too late.

A physical game does not give one the go ahead to be careless with on'es body (or stick). I don't think it's the worst infraction ever. I think he should be suspended 1 or 2 games MAZ but I cna see him not being suspedned at all. I'd rather King henrik shutout the Kings 4 striaght with no excuses. <>

Torturechips chokes again!

... Lundqvist's first poor game of the playoffs. :(

This is what happens when you have a crappy coach who expects to win 1-0 or 2-1 every game. What an idiot.

Torturechips chokes again!

... Lundqvist's first poor game of the playoffs. :(

This is what happens when you have a crappy coach who expects to win 1-0 or 2-1 every game. What an idiot.

I was actually surprised Torts didn't pull him after the 3rd goal

Of course.. When I decide to watch a game it has to go to overtime. It's 04:31 in the morning in Sweden now >_<

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm sure that coming within two wins of a Stanley Cup final appearance would be a positive for most coaches. How long does he have left on his contract, Volo?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Devils win! We're going to the Finals! Hahahahaha! Rags/Flyers fans officially have no room to talk trash in the tri-state area (that's NY, NJ, and Pennsylvania for you Swedes/Canadians)...What a game.

http://i.minus.com/i5RjEPHsDD7No.gif

That happened, by the way.

Henrique, our rookie of the year candidate, has now scored 2 overtime series clinching goals...Talk about clutch. Rangers played a solid series but they just couldn't climb their way out of the holes that they dug in the last two games. Go Devils!

• Like 1

That's awesome that your team has made it to the finals, Krookie.

Is anyone keeping tabs on our predictions? I think I went two for two in the last round with the amount of games being right in both.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ok, current predictions are as follows:

Hurlshot - 8-6

Kor - 8-6

Krook - 5-9

Volo - 4-10

A lot of previous folks didn't seem to make predictions in the last round. We all did a pretty decent job with that one, now for the tricky finals. I'll just choose the opposite of Kor to avoid the Thunderdome tiebreaker.

Devils in 6. Wishful thinking again. If we can take care of business at home (which should obviously be difficult against the Kings) I think we'll be in good shape. If we can steal 2 at the Garden, I'm not worried about winning in LA.

"Rangers played a solid series"

No, they didn't. And, that's the coaches' fault. Lundqvist obviously wa sgetting way too tired as the Torturechips was too focsued on trying to lamely win 1-0 or 2-1 games. It says a lot that the only wins for NY in the series are shutouts yet though Brodeur played well he didn't need to get a shutout to get a win.

SCF Prediction: NJ over LA in 6 games - I wanna laugh at all the morans who claimed that Kolvachuk is a choker, and could never win in the playioffs. I really wish people who claim x player or y team are chokers would shut up because that nonsense is exactly that - nonsense.

POlus, I want to laugh at the idiots who wanted Brdoeur to retiure a few years ago because he was 'too old'. STFU, idiots.

Edited by Volourn

Must explain that GW he had.

I blame Torturechips.

I'll layugh when he wins a cup.

Seriously guys, aklmost every season someone labeled a 'playoff choker' proves otherwise. It is suchy a stupid thing to accuse someone of since it simply doesn't exist.

Must explain that GW he had.

I blame Torturechips.

I'll layugh when he wins a cup.

Seriously guys, aklmost every season someone labeled a 'playoff choker' proves otherwise. It is suchy a stupid thing to accuse someone of since it simply doesn't exist.

"Explains that GW he had"

...seriously?

11 points in 20 games from your most prolific scorer in the regular season is not good enough, he's just not a playoff performer.

I blame Torturechips. 11 points in 20 games.. How many goals did the Rangers actually score per game? Probably barely 2. Plus, the fact Ranger players are punished if they stay in the offensive zone for more than 5 secondfs. Hard to score goals when youa rne't allowed to try.

Read an artcile about the NJ devils and the quotes from players about their coach and his system. It's no wonder the Devils were the better team./ They were actually allowed to play hockey and not rely on their goalie only to win.

NY losing is 100% on the coach. You cna't coach not to lose 1-0 or 2-1 games and expect to go to multiple 7 game series and take it all. Torturechips and his fanboys got exactly what they deserve.

Blueshirts have offensive talent that cna most majority of teams but they aren't allowed to use it. That's why they lose.

This series loss is based on one team's coach being smarter than the others and if you read my posts I loathe to give coaches much credit.

P.S. Comapring RS and PO poitn total is nonsensical on so many levels. The big reason si that only the top teams make the plaqyoffs so there are no bottom feeders to pad stats against.

Sorry, I don't blame the Ranger offenseive players. i blame the coach. period.

Edited by Volourn