The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

Devils win in OT. Kovalchuk registers 3 points (although he still seemed a tad sluggish out there). I don't think cortisone is in the same light as the PEDs that are criticized in other sports. It's produced naturally by the body and it's use isn't really to enhance performance other than to get the user feeling a little more normal. I don't see how it would be any different than a guy taking advil before the game if he had a migraine.

Edited by Krookie

BTW Krook, your Devils broke my heart. I didn't get to see any of the games, bet I heard some of how it went.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

BTW Krook, your Devils broke my heart. I didn't get to see any of the games, bet I heard some of how it went.

It was a great series. I would have been rooting for the Panthers if they had been playing anyone else.

HAHAH! NSH gets what they deserve! Where's their offense now? L0L Can't even win when your goalie gives up 0 goals while you leave two of your best offensive players out of the line up. KARMAS! (WHICH DOESN'T EXIST!) struck them!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

HAHAH! NSH gets what they deserve! Where's their offense now? L0L Can't even win when your goalie gives up 0 goals while you leave two of your best offensive players out of the line up. KARMAS! (WHICH DOESN'T EXIST!) struck them!

I had no idea they intended to sit Radulov and Kosistyn for this game too. Although I disagreed with the suspension to begin with, I understood the sentiment behind it and thought they had made their point. They even showed they were capable of winning without those two in the lineup ... But now they just look absolutely stupid.

Well, one thing is for certain.. I have never been so much wrong in my predictions as I am this year. Kings sweep the Blues? Who saw that one coming?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thought the Blues would at least win a game.

Now Nashville hopefully can get their ass in gear. I don't want Pheonix advancing past this round.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Devils push Flyers to the edge...3-1 series lead for NJ. I have to say that NJ is playing their best hockey of the year when it matters most. Scoring coming from different lines every night, absolutely dominating the Flyers so far. I really hope they can close them out in Philly because I don't want the Flyers gaining any kind of momentum.

I don't want Pheonix advancing past this round.

:bat:

Course, that smiley will jynx it all.

I am not really enjoying these playoffs that much. I was enjoying going to Coyotes games more in December when the team was not doing well. Even as I spend more money on Coyotes stuff (playoff tickets, renewed season tickets, new jersey, etc) I am trying to emotionally detach myself from the team because I am expecting the worst. It all just feels like a numbing experience.

I don't want Pheonix advancing past this round.

:bat:

Course, that smiley will jynx it all.

I am not really enjoying these playoffs that much. I was enjoying going to Coyotes games more in December when the team was not doing well. Even as I spend more money on Coyotes stuff (playoff tickets, renewed season tickets, new jersey, etc) I am trying to emotionally detach myself from the team because I am expecting the worst. It all just feels like a numbing experience.

Phoenix is the only team in the West I have left to root for =/

Shane Doan deserves a cup, IMO. If the Devils don't make it out of this round, I'll be rooting for the Coyotes.

One game suspension, and welle arned. I'd have given him two.

That video doesn't even show the worst parts. The official explanation from Shanahan really lays it out. Girioux was angry with the refs, yelled at them, skated up the ice, turned and yelled at them again. Saw that Zubrus dumped the puck, made a B-line for him and slashed his stick and then drove his shoulder into his head.

:banghead:

An LA Kings and Coyotes Western Final? If you would have said that to many at any time during the regular season I would have laughed out loud.

I wonder how Philly will respond to not having Girioux in the lineup.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

:banghead:

An LA Kings and Coyotes Western Final? If you would have said that to many at any time during the regular season I would have laughed out loud.

I wonder how Philly will respond to not having Girioux in the lineup.

Devils won game 2 on the road without Kovy, so I'm more than confident that the Flyers can pull out a win at home without Giroux. That said, I'm praying we close this out as soon as possible.

I'm thinking about players still in the playoffs who have previously won the Cup.

New Jersey has Brodeur, Elias and Sykora

The Rangers have Brad Richards

The Kings have Dustin Penner

Who am I missing?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm thinking about players still in the playoffs who have previously won the Cup.

Who am I missing?

The only one on the Coyotes is Ray Whitney

Who am I missing?

The only one on the Coyotes is Ray Whitney

Interesting question, does Ray Whitney deserve a Hall of Fame nod? What if he improbably wins a second cup with Phoenix?

Who am I missing?

Jersey also has Ryan Carter (with the Ducks in 07)