The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

With Philly ****ting the bed tonight I hope that the Kings can at least finish off their sweep tonight. My wife is really on my case to shave off my anti-Vancouver playoff mustache. It's pretty nasty.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Tonight seems pretty make-or-break for the Devils. Going down 3-1 heading back to Florida would be pretty horrible. We stole a road game early in the series and now they've stolen won too...tying it up tonight would leave us with just having to win one more road game...

Devils make a statement win with a big 4-0 win. Hopefully we can steal the next game on the road and close it out at home.

Caps won too...Ovechkin played less than 3 minutes in the third period but there was no mention of injury during post-game interviews with Ovi/head coach. Interesting. They're still tied 2-2 but disrespecting your captain like that is probably a pretty bad idea.

And Nashville comes through! It will be weird not having the Red Wings in the second and third rounds of the playoffs. But at the same time, it could be interesting to see some new teams advance besides the usual Wings, Sharks and Canucks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yes, it looks like all three of those teams will be missing soon enough.

I expect some big changes in the Sharks locker room, but I wonder what will happen with the Canucks? If they lose, will they make any big changes?

I have a sad feeling I'm gonna have , by far, my worst predicting round since we started doing them here. L0LZ

Canucks, after they are eliminated, need to trade one of their goalies away. Pick one and go from there. Fix your holes and move on.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Vancouver made a weird move trading away Cody Hodgson earllier in the year. Honestly he was a fairly decent player. His depth was missed while Daniel Sedin was out.

Zack Kassian has been playing about five minutes a night in the playoffs.

Five games are on today. I wonder how much hockey I can watch before I get in trouble from the wife.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Also, 25 games for Raffi Torres!!

I am not sure what to make of this yet. I will know what to make of it when Malkin/Ovechkin/Neal/Hartnell give an elbow to the head, injure them, then get no more than 3 games.

Things will be fine if the Torres suspension sets some sort of precedent. I completely expect the era of nothing suspensions to return in the next 72 hours though.

25 games is HARSH! But I think it's a step in the right direction. Make the punishment actually hurt and the players will have to stop.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's a tricky call. A slap on the wrist with a five game ban would accomplish nothing. A ten game suspension would raise some eyebrows. But 25 sends a clear message.

I'm pretty sure the length also has to do with the amount of times Torres has been involved with issues like this.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And the Canucks go down! Maybe they can trade Luongo and Kesler for Marleau and Clowe! What an upset for the Kings.

I can't rag on either team, though. Both have been far more successful than mine since the lockout.

And if Boston, Chicago and the Rangers lose we're guaranteed a team winning the Cup that's never had the honors before. Interesting for sure...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Wow, my predictions are going to hell. I had both Vancouver and Penguins coming out of the first round. And Detroit. Oops. Huge upset by the Kings, not so huge by Philadelphia. I didn't watch any of the games, but it makes me wonder how they managed to shut down both Crosby and Malkin.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And if Boston, Chicago and the Rangers lose we're guaranteed a team winning the Cup that's never had the honors before. Interesting for sure...

Philly is still in it.

Also as it stands right now:

Italics are wrong, Bold is right, other is in progress.

Deraldin: Senators, Capitals, Panthers, Flyers, Kings, Sharks, Coyotes, Predators. 3-1 on completed series. Leading in 3.

Hurlshot: Senators, Capitals, Devils, Flyers, Kings, Sharks, Blackhawks, Predators. 3-1 on completed series. Leading in 1.

Kor Qel Droma: Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Pens, Canucks, Blues, Blackhawks, Nashville. 2-2 on completed series. Leading in 0.

Ghost of Anakin: Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Pens, N/A, Blues, Blackhawks, Red Wings. 1-2 on completed series. Leading in 0. No pick for LA/Van

Mkreku: Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Pens, Canucks, Blues, Blackhawks, Red Wings. 1-3 on completed series. Leading in 0.

Krookie: Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Pens, Canucks, Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings. 0-4 on completed series. Leading in 0.

Volourn: Rangers, Bruins, Devils, Pens, Canucks, Sharks, Blackhawks, Red Wings. 0-4 on completed series. Leading in 0.

I picked everyone that I thought was going to lose and I'm tied for first in here! >_<

Edited by Deraldin

Sounds like you guys need a psychic octopus.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein