The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

On a less Volo note, are any of you aware of Adam Henrique? He's a Devil's rookie center playing along side Parise and Kovy and man has he been tearing it up. If Nugent-Hopkins ever hits a slump of some time Henrique could challenge him for ROTY. A lot of people who don't watch the games credit his successes to playing along side the likes of Parise and Kovalchuk but coming from someone who hasn't missed a game this season I'm telling you he's the real deal.

Panthers finally get a win last night, breaking a six game skid. Too bad it was in OT, it would have been better to deny the Canes a point.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey Volo, has the Rangers recent surge come without Sean Avery in the line up?

I read that he was a healthy scratch, but I'm with Volo on the Avery bandwagon. The guy still brings an energy like very few others, and he played a role in turning the fortunes of the Rangers around. If they slip, he's the first guy they are going to turn to.

"Hey Volo, has the Rangers recent surge come without Sean Avery in the line up?"

They started winning when he was called up. That's no coincidence. They have a better record when playing than not playing. The fact he\s on the bench now only shows the stupidity of the coach.

We're winning in spite of the coach not because of him.

Still, good record or not, Rangers are likely pretenders come playoff time if Avery is not in line up and Lundqvist doesn\t play like royalty. Or Gaborik/Richards don't perform. Since we can only rely on the coach making dumb mnistakes.

His best bet is to get himself suspended for a couple of games then we'd win for sure.

What a loser that Torturechips is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I read somewhere that Tortella said he just couldn't find enough minutes for Avery. That sounds like a load. Does NYR have some sort of insane depth where all 4 lines are scoring a ton of goals? He can fit on a 4th line every night and should be able to get 7 minutes of ice time. I don't really get it.

"I read somewhere that Tortella said he just couldn't find enough minutes for Avery. That sounds like a load. Does NYR have some sort of insane depth where all 4 lines are scoring a ton of goals? He can fit on a 4th line every night and should be able to get 7 minutes of ice time. I don't really get it. "

It's not hard to figure out. Torturechips LOATHES Avery on a personal level; but Avery is very popular amongst Ranger upper management and espicially the fans hence why he has no choice but to deal with him. He does have ultimate control over who gets ice time so he tries to limit Avery's ice time as much as possible.

No way in hell are there 12 forwards on New York that are better than Avery. Anyone who believes that bull that Torturechips was shovelling at start of season are morans.

Vacationing in Florida and got to see the Panthers play tonight

Went to see Montreal at Ottawa last night. Lots of Habs fans in attendance, mostly drowned out the Sens fans. The only thing both sides put aside their differences to cheer together for was when the out of town scores came up showing Toronto losing to Florida. :shifty:

Also, finally a Habs win! Anderson was playing terrible though. 4 goals on 7 shots.

Edited by Deraldin

Went to see Montreal at Ottawa last night. Lots of Habs fans in attendance, mostly drowned out the Sens fans. The only thing both sides put aside their differences to cheer together for was when the out of town scores came up showing Toronto losing to Florida. :shifty:

Also, finally a Habs win! Anderson was playing terrible though. 4 goals on 7 shots.

Speaking of the out of town fans...Leafs fans are crazy. The "go leafs go" chant was so loud in Florida I can't imagine what it's like in Toronto.

Just got back from Glendale. Apparently tonight was the largest crowd in Coyotes history- I would have thought that would have been a playoff game a couple years ago.

Heck of an effort by a Yotes squad without Smith, Aucoin, Hanzal and Gordon. Other than the opener against the Jets, I am not sure I have seen that kind of consistent effort by them this year. (Oddly enough those two games have been the two sellouts.) I would be happy with that effort against Boston, but after the last couple weeks, the Yotes need points badly.

Then I came home just in time for the local sports news broadcast. Phoenix Suns highlights, College basketball, College Football. Coyotes passing mention without highlights before the "Good Night". Add to that the local newspaper that used the excuse of "We must save money to send people to the Summer Olympics" in response to questions about why the Coyotes beat writer never goes on road trips. Hell, the best media coverage of the team came from a morning DJ on a rock station, until he left for Philly last week. I hate Phoenix media.

Edited by Arclam

Stupid Rangers are at it again. Waiving Avery for the second time. Such stupidity. If you don't want him on the team just release him. Their loss. I wonder how long it'll take for them to change their mind and recall the awesome one. Torturechips is such a laughable joke as he keeps Overrated Dubinsky who continues to do crap.

Went to see Montreal at Ottawa last night. Lots of Habs fans in attendance, mostly drowned out the Sens fans. The only thing both sides put aside their differences to cheer together for was when the out of town scores came up showing Toronto losing to Florida. :(

Speaking of the out of town fans...Leafs fans are crazy. The "go leafs go" chant was so loud in Florida I can't imagine what it's like in Toronto.

:p When I lived down there I had season tickets, at the Miami Arena in '96-'97 and in the new arena in Sunrise for a few years. From Nov-Feb the Rangers, Habs, & Leafs had a home ice advantage there because of all the snow birds. What did you think of the arena by the way. I've always thought it was the nicest one I've been in.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to see Montreal at Ottawa last night. Lots of Habs fans in attendance, mostly drowned out the Sens fans. The only thing both sides put aside their differences to cheer together for was when the out of town scores came up showing Toronto losing to Florida. :(

:p When I lived down there I had season tickets, at the Miami Arena in '96-'97 and in the new arena in Sunrise for a few years. From Nov-Feb the Rangers, Habs, & Leafs had a home ice advantage there because of all the snow birds. What did you think of the arena by the way. I've always thought it was the nicest one I've been in.

I've only ever been in The Prudential Center (devils) and MSG...But Florida's was definitely nice. Similar to The Prudential Center, food was prety good too!

Winter Classic was pretty solid. I absolutely love Mike Rupp and it was nice to seem him bury 2 today. Despite my hatred for both the Rangers and the Flyers I was happy to see the Rags win, because I think I hate the Flyers just a little bit more.

In other news, the Devils gave up a 2-0 lead to lose in overtime to the Senators.

I love when Sweden beats Finland.. Even if it's the junior world championships. And on penalty shots too, after being down 2-0! Looovely. :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ryan Murray! :(:down::bat:

Edit: Post! :rolleyes::down::bat:

EDIT2: CONNOLLY! :aiee::thumbsup::wowey:

EDIT3: Ryan Murray! :banghead::down::bat: Y U DEFLECT EVERYTHING INTO YOUR OWN NET?!

We should loan Murray to Russia for the rest of the game.

EDIT4: How the hell does Russia not get a goaltender interference penalty for that?! He just ran over Wedgewood without anyone near him!

Edited by Deraldin

First gold medal game in 10 years that Canada won't be in. 6-5 loss to the Russians in the semi-final. 4 goals in 4:57 during the third period to come back from 6-1 but couldn't get that 5th goal to tie it up. Hit a post with less than a minute to go. I think that was about the 5th post in the game for Canada. Shots were 54-26 for Canada. Both teams pulled their starting goaltender.

Don't know how to feel. 11 minutes to go in the third period I had given up. Had resigned myself to the loss. 4 goals later was sitting on the edge of my seat for the last 5 minutes. Still lost, but so close instead of blown out...

I always have mixed feelings. As a Kanandian I like it when a team 'representing' me does well. But, Kanadians and Kanada are so arrogant and bigoted at times espicially when it comes to hockey I cna't help but smile when we lose just to remind Kanandians we are not owed anything.

I always have mixed feelings. As a Kanandian I like it when a team 'representing' me does well. But, Kanadians and Kanada are so arrogant and bigoted at times espicially when it comes to hockey I cna't help but smile when we lose just to remind Kanandians we are not owed anything.

Pretty much. If I heard "our game" one more time, I'd flip.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra