What are you playing now?

Gorth

Mostly Baldur's Gate Tutu right now. Playing it pretty slow, since there's soooo many quests in the city. It's just a sidequest glut rut.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I picked up the Back To The Future game from Telltale, so far it's been fun, great attention to detail but buggy and a bit contrived, it was cheap though.

Opened my New Vegas collectors edition box for the first time in a year, enjoyed flicking through the playing cards and fondling the various bits and pieces, I'm gonna have lots of fun when I finally replay it with the DLC :shifty:

Got sick of dungeon crawling in Baldur's Gate 1. I'm hitting Chapter 6, so it's now or never to hit the sidequests. And Durlag's is so boring. Taking a break.

A break to play Neverwinter Nights 2!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Broken Sword 2 with some EVE and FIFA 12 in between.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DARK SOULS - this game is good and the atmosphere is even better than in Demon's souls. I haven't been so scared and thrilled at the same time in year, not even in Demon's souls.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive.

Completed Deus Ex: HR. Enjoyed it a lot. Will buy the DLC if impressions are positive.

Finished Rage. Shooter part was great, car driving very meh. Also the game world is way too compressed, once again. Damn narrow "canyon corridors" and always respawning enemies. The ending was really bad, though. I was saving ammo for the big boss battle... and then the (unskippable) credits rolled over the monitor and I still had enough ammo to kill me through the game again.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Rage. Shooter part was great, car driving very meh. Also the game world is way too compressed, once again. Damn narrow "canyon corridors" and always respawning enemies. The ending was really bad, though. I was saving ammo for the big boss battle... and then the (unskippable) credits rolled over the monitor and I still had enough ammo to kill me through the game again.
Wow. Sounds disappointing.

Is Rage better than DNF? (Yes I'm serious :lol: )

Right now I'm finishing up the Demon Campaign in Disciples 3:Renaissance, and playing through an IronMan game of TOEE.

**Tomorrow I might be playing Disciples 3:Resurrection, but I will finish the first D3 before launching off into a serious game in the sequel.

Right now I'm finishing up the Demon Campaign in Disciples 3:Renaissance, and playing through an IronMan game of TOEE.

**Tomorrow I might be playing Disciples 3:Resurrection, but I will finish the first D3 before launching off into a serious game in the sequel.

How is D3? I'm playing Disciples 2 right now (really enjoying it) and wondering if I should pick up the sequel.

Replayed Stalker: shadow of Chernobyl today.

I've got to say that the combat AI, the animal AI, the maps, and the last couple of story levels put New Vegas to shame. And they make Far Cry 2 look like a drooling imbecile. I'm not kidding. How _the ****_ have games got _less clever_ in the last few years?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How _the ****_ have games got _less clever_ in the last few years?

Supply and demand :lol:

It doesn't matter how clever an AI you can build if you can't afford the soil erosion effects to sell it to the masses. Vice versa, if you can use more of your budget on marketable effects (like 'Ooh, Shiny!'), why spend you money on the more esoteric stuff, especially if you expect your game to be dated in 2-3 years, just in time for the sequel? Nobody is going to remember it down the road anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing FO:NV. I think I've become addicted to this game. My charisma and intelligence plummets like a rock if I try to detach myself from the game :lol:

Currently supporting BoS as they seems the faction that it is easiest not to dislike. I'm probably spending too much time exploring and too little actually finishing off quests though. I need to work a bit on my backlog now to prevents quests from suddenly popping up out of the blue as failed or solved without me even knowing that I got them in the first place.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How is D3? I'm playing Disciples 2 right now (really enjoying it) and wondering if I should pick up the sequel.
Different.

Its just as beautiful, but they tinkered with the combat to make it more like HoMM'ish.

The English translation is pretty bad too; also the English Narrator (and most of the other English voices :lol: ) are pretty bad as well.

One of the Goblin war-cries is "Goblin!", and another is "Take that!" (spoken like an absolute Smurf).

D3, I've read has had its support discontinued already by the publisher; (No new patches).

That said... Its no D2, but I am enjoying the game, and D3:Resurrection (the next expansion pack) ships tomorrow. It includes the Undead hoard and some improvements, and (I believe) a continuing storyline.

Thieves are royally messed up in D3. :)

Rod planters are gone from the game; replaced by static locations defended by guardians that must be battled for what used to be a simple Rod remove & drop. Units cannot be locked in D3 :(; Instead, they auto level up as soon you buy the next capital building... So you can't keep a mix of the higher and lower (sometimes more useful) units indefinitely... they will level up.

Disciples 3:Rebirth might ship next year (in the US). Its a repackage of the first D3Ren & D3Res, with improvements. You might want to wait for it and its patches.

(Its also supposed to be adding ~restoring, ships to the series; They are also gone in D3.)

If you use Steam... There is a Steam Demo of Disciples 3 you could try out. (But I bet it still has the pre-patch bugs!)

There are also Youtube videos that are decent examples of play.

Edited by Gizmo

If you use Steam... There is a Steam Demo of Disciples 3 you could try out. (But I bet it still has the pre-patch bugs!)

I tried a demo (I don't think it was steam though, just a standalone demo featuring the start of the Empire campaign only). Didn't like it. It just fails completely to capture the atmosphere of D2. That being said, I still bought it a while ago when Gamersgate had one of their 75%+ off sales on it and I got it for something like $5. You never know, I might get back to it and give it a second try some day :lol:

Heck, I would probably buy Dragon Age 2 for $5

Heck, I would probably buy Dragon Age 2 for $5
I haven't played either DA game yet... But I only plan to try DA1.

Has anyone played the most recent Circle of Eight mod for ToEE?

I just installed it, and it looks like it starts you out in a shop. I plan to play the main campaign first... Does Co8 replace the main quest with a new one? (or just tinker and improve the original one?)

Beat Rage on Hard after 16 hours. I'm a slow explorative player though and I imagine most will finish a few hours faster. Combat is excellent in the game and the story is interesting but it ends with way too many loose ends. Saving for the sequel I'm assuming but it was irritating to have all this talk about a certain villain and never meet them.

Spent many hours today in the MP modes. Love Legends of the Wasteland coop, had some ridiculous kills involving RC cars. :lol: The Road Rage MP competitive Racing/DM mode is a lot more fun than I expected. I must have picked up on the vehicle combat faster than most or people had skipped SP to jump into MP because I was dominating with vehicles. :)

Tried Bastion demo. It's pretty and the narrator's cool, but I don't know if I want to pop down $15 for what I expect will be the same thing over and over again for a few more hours and then over very quickly. The combat itself was rather dull. Anyone else played it?

Itching for a new game, at this rate I'll be getting Skyrim on Day 1 and dealing with all the silliness of an unmodded Bethesda game.

Tried Bastion demo. It's pretty and the narrator's cool, but I don't know if I want to pop down $15 for what I expect will be the same thing over and over again for a few more hours and then over very quickly. The combat itself was rather dull. Anyone else played it?

Itching for a new game, at this rate I'll be getting Skyrim on Day 1 and dealing with all the silliness of an unmodded Bethesda game.

I tried it out, and it's actually pretty awesome. The main strength of the game is the narrative.

I tried it out, and it's actually pretty awesome. The main strength of the game is the narrative.

Yup.

The combat isn't bad as it changes throughout the game with new weapons, upgrades and enemies.

But it's the storyline and the way that handled are by far the main attraction.

I tried to get into Dragon Age 2 again last night. It had been a few months since I started it, I was only about 3-4 hours in. It wasn't too hard to get back in the swing of the combat. The story is still bothering me, but I'm hoping I'll get into it eventually. I also find my companions annoying. Ah well, I played the original, the expansion, and read the two books, so hopefully it will click for me at some point.

Alright, purchased - you guys better be right. >_< I think I'll be reasonably satisfied if the combat keeps varying, I do like the story/etc.

Dark Souls

It's like the love child of vagrant story and castlevania SOTN.

I'm 10 hours in, the game is amazing, very challenging, very fun.

excellent music, sound design, level design, and overall atmosphere.

the combat is impeccably designed, intricate and thoughtful without being overly complex. You must pick your moment to attack carefully and defend with intelligence. If skyrim had combat that was 25% as wonderful as dark souls it would be unbelievable.

downsides: maybe a little TOO hard. I am at a point where the next boss i must face is a little too hard, and levelling up is starting to take a long time fighting the weaker enemies that are in the areas i have access too until i beat the next boss (there are other areas i could go to in order to level up, but those areas have REGULAR monsters harder than the boss i'm stuck on)

i think if i grind for about 1-2 hours in order to save up enough souls to upgrade my gear 1 more time and then level up my vitality 1 or 2 more times i should be past this bottleneck. The game is definitely LESS grind-required than vagrant story, but the actual combat is much more challenging than that game.

so far its the best game of the year for me, knocking portal 2 into second place.

They don't really make games like this anymore, and it overall feels like something that would have come out in the SNES-PS1 era, before shooters took over the console world.

note: i suck at video games, so if i say a game is a little too hard for me, that's probably because i play most games on easy difficulty, and this one doesnt have that option, instead locking the difficulty at what most games "hard" difficulty would be.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm currently level 22 in Daggerfall, fully decked in enchanted Daedric armour and weapons, and about 1/3 through in the main quest. I'm taking currently taking my time doing all Daedric quests (already won Ring of Khajiiti, Mask of Clavicus Vile, Ebony Blade and Ebony Mail) and developing my character all the way to level 30 and beyond.

I nearly broke the main quest because I risked to go beyond the time limit travelling from the King of Worms' lair to Wayrest, but after reaching Master Wizard rank in the Mages Guild I can now teleport free of charge all over the place and I no longer lose time.

I also made a custom "Awesome Button" spell that has a 75% chance to disintegrate all enemies in a large radius (and it will be 100% chance at level 30), and because I picked Spell Absorption as an advantage at character creation I can restore all my mana points after casting it, meaning I can spam that spell forever. Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh.

Best Bethesda game ever, as far as gameplay and pure fun factor go (well, Failout 3 may come close though).

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.