What are you playing now?

Gorth

The Vault's very useful for crap like that. That would be an amusing quest to give though, making you wander around the wasteland, sifting through items.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow.. I was going to buy RAGE since it seems right up my alley. BUT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5oEdfT4OWY

Videos like these are popping up everywhere. Apparently RAGE on the PC is a technical fiasco! FROM ID!! That's the last thing I would expect!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's also id's first console game. But everyone makes a mistake once in a while. I think Carmack just recently stated that it was a huge mistake to develop Rage for consoles.

Edit: Here's the link: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...?searchid=23760

I hope they don't **** up Doom 4.

Edited by Morgoth

It's also id's first console game. But everyone makes a mistake once in a while. I think Carmack just recently stated that it was a huge mistake to develop Rage for consoles.

Edit: Here's the link: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...?searchid=23760

I hope they don't **** up Doom 4.

Isn't he just stating that it was a mistake to not let the PC be the Lead Platform rather than outright dismissing consoles?

Edited by C2B

I just got Disciples 2 Gold and am enjoying it quite a bit.

Thoughts so far: combat's a little monotonous, the setting is interesting, and the dark/Gothic artstyle really makes it stand out. I hear HOMM 3 is even better so I'll probably jump into that after I finish the game.

What campaign (race) are you playing?

Took me a while to realise that you needed to play more than one race from start to end to get the "big picture" of what took place and how each side have their own biased views of it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thoughts so far: combat's a little monotonous, the setting is interesting, and the dark/Gothic artstyle really makes it stand out. I hear HOMM 3 is even better so I'll probably jump into that after I finish the game.

Took me a while to realise that you needed to play more than one race from start to end to get the "big picture" of what took place and how each side have their own biased views of it.

I'm playing the Dark Prophecy campaign (Empire).

I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and the texture pop in is still there but it's not as slow loading as that youtube video. Rage the game itself is meh, I mean everything they try to do I've seen before, it's all "been there done that," I mean I played this game a couple years ago, back when it was called BORDERLANDS

Edited by Bokishi

I'm playing the Dark Prophecy campaign (Empire).

Depending on races, the tactics change a bit in combat. Empire is the easiest since they have healing units. A big issue in the gameplay is that leaers tend to become too strong in the end of the campaign due to permanent potions and unbalanced skills chosen.

I think Homm3 is better and has a big replayability due to a strong community that mae great maps if you can find those maps.

I never held out much hope for RAGE. ID an their tech demo's.

Dark Souls, that'll be what I'll be gettings! A good game, none of this "amazing" yet unproven tech poop.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm waiting for Dark Souls too. And it seems like everyone around me is already playing it, making me very sad and somewhat angry. :D

I wonder if J.E. Sawyer is playing it too. He did play Demon's souls and liked it, so if he has time he probably shouldn't miss on this. :(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was so tempted to get Dark Souls. But I have no faith that I won't be one of those guys who gets frustrated by the difficulty. I should rent it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was so tempted to get Dark Souls. But I have no faith that I won't be one of those guys who gets frustrated by the difficulty. I should rent it.

Its a game for stubborn perfectionists.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Its a game for stubborn perfectionists.

You just sold me on it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not much time for anything else but enjoying PES2012. It's very good and a clear improvement from 11, though the goalkeepers are still retarded. In modern PES defenders and goalkeepers go completely haywire if the ball is bouncing around in the 6-yard box, and if you don't keep a cool head (and get lucky with deflections and animation ****ups) it's an own goal parade. Apparently theres a patch coming promising to improve keepers - I'm also playing with all the keepers' attributes cranked all the way up.

Otherwise, though, the animations are decent, the ball weight/trajectory feels very good and the unassisted passing really comes into its own this year - you really do a lot of mispasses, overhit/underhit, and the success of your through balls depends not on hitting the pass button at the right moment, but just as much on the movement you then make with the runner - it's possible to muscle off the defender and get to it first, or, of course, get a bad first touch and screw up the chance. Equally, as a defender, if you think you'll get to that through ball first and do nothing you might end up on your arse. The AI is also a lot more unpredictable in attacking, and it's much harder to stop them without fouling - I suspect that in part, they change direction the moment you decide to tackle (though you can certainly tackle them if you time it right). All in all satisfied.

Deus Ex 3 might deserve a second playthrough at some point, but the intro areas are so boring.

FIFA 12 and a bit of BS. In FIFA, the passing sure has gotten wonkier, or maybe I've not adjusted a setting - trying to cut a ball back across the face of goal seems to inevitably fail for me so far. But in a way is nice to have passes fail. AI still plays the same game, 8 men back, 2 divine forwards that coupled with your scatterbrain CBs make route 1 very profitable at times, hehe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and the texture pop in is still there but it's not as slow loading as that youtube video. Rage the game itself is meh, I mean everything they try to do I've seen before, it's all "been there done that," I mean I played this game a couple years ago, back when it was called BORDERLANDS

oO

What? I heard people complaining that it was not like Borderlands at all.

oO

What? I heard people complaining that it was not like Borderlands at all.

Well it's the exact same setting and character/weapon style, mind you I have only played the first mission.

Oh and I thought this was funny

UoJ0r.jpg