What are you playing now?

Gorth

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

It's been around a while on consoles, but the PC launched today. Pretty fun puzzle RPG. Champions and Elites cost money to replace after they die and that makes me sad. :lol:

How are the loading times on PC? I really enjoyed the game, but the loading times on PS3 were >_

I haven't seen reason to complain about them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's been around a while on consoles, but the PC launched today. Pretty fun puzzle RPG. Champions and Elites cost money to replace after they die and that makes me sad. :(

How are the loading times on PC? I really enjoyed the game, but the loading times on PS3 were :lol: .

I haven't seen reason to complain about them.

Good for you. >_< The load times on PS3 aren't just :yucky: worthy, they are the worst I have encountered in any game - ever.

It's been around a while on consoles, but the PC launched today. Pretty fun puzzle RPG. Champions and Elites cost money to replace after they die and that makes me sad. :rolleyes:

I just got it as well. Going through DX (original) first, but I perhaps I should give M&M:CoH a try after I finish. (I didn't get it for the PC though, for a console)

Edited by greylord

Lost two hours of my life to a "feature" in FO:NV :rolleyes:

Saw this innocent looking cave entrance in the distance. Saved my game (check), reloaded my gun (check), take a pair of Med-X for good measure (check) and stuck my head inside, to have it promptly ripped off in a spray of gore. Took the Deathclaw bouncer all of two face shredding moves to make mince of poor Gorth :(

Reloading the auto save and retrying a few time gave the same result, Gorth was abstract wall paint in the time it took to make 180 degree turn and aim.

Ah well, no big deal, load the save from a bit away from the entrance and save the cave for later, a level 6 Gorth was not meant to go all melee with a Deathclaw. Well, big surprise, every time I reload that save now, I start surrounded by no less than 4 Deathclaws. I know those buggers weren't there when I saved my game. Talk about a sucky situation :p

My second newest save slot was a few hours old, I'll write it down as experience. Save often, save in many save slots.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So there was a sort of Zen-teaching in there Gorth? :p

Yes, my character realized that he was hopelessly outclassed, Gorth was then enlightened. When facing an unsolvable problem, turn around and walk away rather than let it vex you needlessly. Then come back later with a rocket launcher :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Third TW2 playthrough kind of lost steam now I'm in the endgame. To be honest, I think one major reason we haven't had a highly replayable RPG for so long is that there is no replayability in the character development system (tied to loot/combat system/etc). Instead, a la Alpha Protocol / TW2 / etc we get what's meant to be story nonlinearity, which is nice when done well, but it kind of sucks nothing has replaced the IE games (or older ones) for that. The witcher I make in TW2 (or even 1) is really the same witcher every time, same with Jensen in DX3, Thorton in AP, and I'd argue there's not that much scope in FO3/NV either (partly due to the overabundance of points).

It would be super awesome if the Elder Scrolls took this up properly and combine their big explorable world with truly differently-playing characters, but their system is just a complete mess.

Third TW2 playthrough kind of lost steam now I'm in the endgame. To be honest, I think one major reason we haven't had a highly replayable RPG for so long is that there is no replayability in the character development system (tied to loot/combat system/etc).

Dragon Age?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Scratch that with Dark Souls. I should better finish Demon's Souls first. I'm gonna start completely new. I heard the Royal class is...friendlier to play?

Royal is a good class to begin with. You get soul arrow that really helps you in the beginning and you get an MP regenerating ring. I did my first run with a royal and it was almost like easy mode compared to melee, because I would just stay back and use soul arrow. You can develop your character however you like, so if you start as a royal and don't like itm, you can develop that character into a battle mage or whatever. I ended up with a mage/thief(assassin) combo.

Finishing facerolling my way to victory in Tropico 3. Then I suppose I'll knock off stuff I've got "backlogged" like HoMM3.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Third TW2 playthrough kind of lost steam now I'm in the endgame. To be honest, I think one major reason we haven't had a highly replayable RPG for so long is that there is no replayability in the character development system (tied to loot/combat system/etc).

Dragon Age?

DAO was pretty good for that, but after 3 playthroughs that was it. I think what it had was very tight but the offerings were quite select - e.g. only about 30 spells, take out 10 not very useful ones...still, it was a good effort.

I might try HOMM3 too, esp. since I think I can put that gog version on my phone. Not sure, though. I like the tactical combat stuff but e.g. in Age of Wonders I wasn't a fan of the strategic map.

No idea what the long term consequences are going to be, but I made the robot the new sheriff of Primm. The disappointment in "deputy" Beagle's voice was worth it. Saw the ghouls off into space (or wherever they are going to impact).

Still to find anybody who wants to join my party (I've met Cass and Boone so far) ;)

You can get Boone in your group the quickest since his quest takes place in Novac.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You could get Manny Vargas in your group, with some adroit stealthing, and some lockpicking with enough zero point insta-death for a handful of muties. BUt you'd need to know exactly where he was.

I think on balance I like Manny best of all the characters. His backstory is the best, and his interactions the most amusing.

Althugh having said that, in pure battlewinning terms Boone is utterly unbeatable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you mean Raul Tejada? Manny Vargas is the other sniper in Novac.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's a toss-up between Cass and Veronica for me.

Boone's a block of wood, and his combat abilities were mostly impressive due to a bug that raised his guns skill up the wazoo, IIRC. After I gave Cass Joshua Graham's pistol, she kills entire groups of enemies in 5 seconds. Must be that weapon's insane DPS.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

With one of the new traits from one of the DLCs I had been able to get +5 skill points to every skill for -10% less xp. Due to the +5 bonus of this trait and some other crap, I was able to get repair to 55 very fast. Then using a repair mag and you'll get ED-E when you enter Primm the very first time in the beginning of the game. :> Boone is the next possible candidate on the list then, pretty fast to get as well if you are in Novac.

I've always got a hard time with chosing my companions. I mean, I can rule out at least Lily (just too unsympathic), Raul (wasn't as cool as I've expected), Veronica (not a fan of melee-companions) and Rex (I like ED-E more), but the rest isn't so easy. Especially because with every companion, except Cass, it is useful to get them as early as possible, due to their dialogue and terrain triggers for their personal quests...

Oh well, I started a new game today, by the way. Got to level 13 already and just visited the Crimson Caravan. As soon as I hit the 15, I will have a go at Honest Hearts again.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I really don't like the increased level caps after the DLC so I just downloaded a mod that let me select additional traits plus made Logan's Loophole a simple lvl 30 cap instead. Then use an XP adjust mod, or a mod that increases XP needed for next level, and the game can feel pretty good. I'll still hit the cap if doing all the DLCs obviously but I think the progression feels nice. It just becomes too stupid and meaningless when you go over level 30, even level 30 itself is stretching it I think.

Anyways, I did Honest Hearts at level 11 or so, liked that level range. Think the scaled equipment at that level fit nicely into the tribal feel of it all.

My choice of companions tend to be completely different on each playthrough I do. I do tend to like Cass, Veronica and Arcade a bit more than the rest though. The one I've actually never taken along (should do that sometime) is Lily and that's because I tend to go to Jacobstown fairly late in the game and I've always picked up another companion at that point.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0