I would have said Reinhart a couple of playthroughs ago, but I think it's now Anjali and Kat. Kat's a blast if you try out the "Godlike Katarina" build in another one of the threads in this forum. I've had a lot of fun shielding fire-form Anjali, teleporting into a mob, and laying down an Aura of Immolation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have played with all four characters and liked them all, but I think the dudes were a bit funnier ( for the gameplaying as well as for the comic bit).

Reinhart with his academic quotes are quite hilarious. After you turn off the fans inside the Glitterdelve mines and allow the gases to accumulate in the Deep Well, Reinhart says something about a mixture of methane and other gases - right into the middle of a battle...

Lucas has a more "ironic" humor which is also funny. " The less you talk about my bone structure, the better" line when opening the Crypt of Heroes is remarkable...I also found it funny when, inside the Foundry, he sarcastically said " it seems pretty obvious, but I think you shouldn

Edited by FireMist

• 4 months later...

Reinhart definitely. The guy's so awesome with his GoA. Next to that would be Lucas the tanking machine- My Katarina's playthrough is quite monotonous cuz I only need 1 shot of Empowered Heartseeking Shot and everything dies o:) I still haven't figured out what's fun in Anjali- her castings are quite slow, which is really not my hit and run style o:)

• 3 weeks later...

Toss up between Katarina and Reinhart. Katarina is just pure awesome in terms of abilities. They are useful, flashy, and feel powerful. Higher level Kat is plain fun to watch. Reinhart is on par for similar reasons. His moves are powerful, but slower to execute. Reinhart is the easier character to win with but has the steeper learning curve. I also liked his design. Pot-bellied wizard dude that punches people in the face? Badass.

Lucas and Anjali were bland in comparison to those two.

Reinhardt is good and fun he did have a nice mix of abilities but ok here i have to say if you have Treasures of the sun Anjali is a helluva lot of fun, hate to admit it but i was kinda addicted to just jump up and crash down on the foes it was really damn satisfying.

It depends if you mean fun as watch everything die in one shot, or fun as in enjoyment. Reinhart hands down for the first one, never really needed anything outsdie of geometry of annihilation and the support abilities. Shield up, roll into a group trigger enpowered spell till everything is dead, even heals you.

For pure fun my Pistoleer Katarina makes things very interesting ( I do dip into the rifle skill for chosen pray for boss battles but otherwise just the pistol and support tree). Curse makes up for any short fall in damage and against groups shes deadly. Boss fights require a different way of thinking.

Reinhardt is good and fun he did have a nice mix of abilities but ok here i have to say if you have Treasures of the sun Anjali is a helluva lot of fun, hate to admit it but i was kinda addicted to just jump up and crash down on the foes it was really damn satisfying.

What I dislike most about Anjali is her clunky modes. Katarina and Reinhart's modes feel more... seamless, for want of a better term. There is synergy there. I found myself wanting to switch between them constantly throughout the game. With Anjali, there isn't a whole lot of incentive most of the time short of wanting a change of pace. Visually some of her abilities are neat, but mechanically it feels like she's two very different characters lumped into one.

I wasn't too thrilled with Anjali's talents either. Several of them are healing oriented which is great for survivability, but not to my personal tastes. Katarina's are a mix of support, debuff, and damage boosting which I vastly prefer. Different strokes for different folks 'n' all, I guess.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not sure about fun but I'm completely in love with Katarina's voice (and she isn't hard on the eyes either) so she gets my vote because any time she talks to someone it makes putting up with the ****ty camera worth it.