What would you like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV?

More side-quest, party interaction (and possibly a crafting system) would summarize what I mean by "make it more of a proper RPG". Admittedly, that's a very low entry bar, but with the current state of the genre. :p

Oh, ok. :) What I liked about DSIII was that the companions also interacted with the NPCs at times. I hope they build up on that too.

But I do encourage you to find a solid personal attack or insult in my post and I will do my best to change the words so it's not an attack and more of a statement.

I think the words 'sane' (as used to imply that the person isn't) and 'pathetic' are enough to be considered 'personal attacks'.

The way I used sane was in the context of "sane and logical" which is not an insult but a course of action that someone who isn't projecting nonsensical reasoning would follow.

Sorry, but, saying "I don't like Obsidian because the people who like them, like them." It doesn't make sense and it is not a sane or logical statement. Reality is not an insult no matter how harsh it may be.

And as for the word pathetic, I used it in a metaphorical sense. If you have nothing better to do then hang around hating on a company and their products for no other reason than to provoke people who do like the company and enjoy their products. Well, then that is pathetic. That course of action is a pathetic attempt to self-inflate an online ego and persona. Nothing more. I didn't call him pathetic I said his chosen course of actions are. Again reality, no matter how harsh is not an insult. Don't want to be pathetic? Don't pursue pathetic actions.

I just have a problem with streamlined games that cut features from a genre I consider essential. And fans congratulating the devs for doing so is just irksome.

I hate streamlining and I can't stand it when people allow themselves to believe the marketing hype. Streamlining is done to make the development easier and cut corners and it doesn't help fans/consumers of video games in any way.

If a great team like Obsidian is going to keep producing streamlined corner cutting games then I would rather see them not make games at all.

---------

Also, I don't care if any of you insult me, as long as its fair and I can fight back. Up to now it hasn't been and I have had posts deleted with far less offensive stances than what you took towards me Talon. I'm not saying I want Talon censored or his posts removed because I don't, he can say whatever he feels like saying. It just doesn't work both ways around here.

---------

These boards are pretty dead anyway, as is apparently interest in Dungeon Siege 3 so good luck on a sequel ... good luck even getting any kind of content rich DLC (maybe you will get some item packs).

-----------

You guys can say whatever you want about my opinion but Dungeon Siege 3 was NOT a hit and rubbed many gamers the wrong way and the major ciritcisms not only were shared all around the net but alos were big concerns before the game went Gold. Obsidian chose the path of ignorance and chose to not heed fan requests and warnings about the mechanics of the game and they did so at their own peril.

----------

I will sit and argue with all of you and you can insult me all day long. I just want the same treatment.

You know your whole reasoning and at the same time praising Obsidians older games doesn't make a lick of sense when you can attribute the same critisisms to said games. (Especially Alpha Protocol which you seem to like) (And I'm saying that as someone who absolutly loves every Obsidian game)

Short answer and what you are in particular

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

Also I opened this topic to state and discuss what people would like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV. Not for you to just misuse it again like you did other topics.

Thats why I'm now gonna ask Tigranes to remove all the posts regarding this whole drama in this topic (naturally that includes this post)

Edited by C2B

My post went a little off topic. I agree. I had to respond to Talon though.

My point stands I don't want to see anything in Dungeon Siege 4 because DS3 is far too streamlined.

You asked what people want to see in DS4. I'm a person. I don't want to see anything in DS4. I don't want to see a Dungeon Siege 4 because the developers don't value the same kind of features and gameplay I value in an ARPG.

My point is clear and succinct. Nothing needs to be deleted. You guys want features in DS4, I want the DS franchise to just go away and never return. Our opinions are different and who cares, that's how it goes.

I'd rather see a Space Siege 2, myself.

I think you broke my sarcasm meter. I demand you buy me a new one.

Take it up with the manufacturer.

There's nothing wrong with Space Siege and it's practically begging for the Obsidian touch. You have the choice to add cyborg bits to yourself, but there are no consequences. Obsidian is probably itching to try something new with a more open sci-fi IP than Star Wars. It's essentially free money.

@Vir: You're right, but think how much deeper Obsidian could delve into what it means to be human, unlike say, ME2 where you can look like the Terminator's stunt double and no one will blink an eye...

Edited by Purkake

There's nothing wrong with Space Siege

That may not be the biggest compliment anyone ever paid to a game, but you know what? I own that game and forgot all about it. I bought it when I was on a strictly FPS/RPG kick and the whole top-down/point-and-click thing annoyed the piss out of me back then. I didn't get further than five minutes into it.

Now that I've beaten Dungeon Siege III, your mentioning Space Siege made me realize I might finally be in a mood for such a game, and I am! I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's cool because now that I have the capacity to appreciate this type of RPG, I feel like I just won a brand-new game!

I know you don't directly deserve/want thanks, but thanks! :sorcerer:

Truth be told, if you enjoy Dungeon Siege III, there is a high chance you will enjoy Space Siege. No joke.

Dungeon Siege III is better in my opinion, but it's still good.

I think a lot of the hate for Space Siege came from Mass Effect and Fallout fans hearing there was a new RPG on the market only to find it wasn't a shooter. It's why I initially didn't like it. Now I almost feel kinda bad for prejudging it.

It's like a cross between Dungeon Siege III and Alien Swarm.

I actually started replaying it as well. :shakefist:

Where's all this Space Siege love coming from? I've never played it, but as far as I understand it's pretty universally hated. =P

Nah, it's just the perpetually butthurt DS grognards.

I actually started replaying it as well. :shakefist:

Where's all this Space Siege love coming from? I've never played it, but as far as I understand it's pretty universally hated. =P

Nah, it's just the perpetually butthurt DS grognards.

I purchased Space Siege for like $3 during a sale and it still was not worth it...the game isn't very good and was pretty much universally panned by everyone. The controls stink, game play is repetitive, and talk about streamlining well Space Siege makes Dungeon Siege 3 seem like a complex masterpiece.

Don't listen to Purkake, it has nothing to do with "butthurt DS grognards" the game was panned for a reason.