What would you like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV?

Probably been said, but DS4 needs to go back to being a dungeon siege game... you know... the games that started the series. Dungeon Siege is defined as a party-based action RPG. Replay the games 1 and 2. Those are the games that define dungeon siege. I'm not against the style of game that dungeon siege 3 is. In fact I love them. But dungeon siege is so much more. Its awesome to have 5 or 6 party members, all of different archetypes mowing their way through hordes of enemies. Archers and mages attacking/casting from a distance, sword and boarders tanking up close, melee DDs slashing away, healers buffing and healing comrades... c'mon, it's just epic. And you're in control of it all. It's like an MMO with you in control.

I think DS3 was simplified for consoles, but I would like to think there's enough ingenuity and creativity at obsidian that they could bring the full party back to DS4. And if that's just not possible to do on consoles, I hate to say it, but make it for PC only and do a different hack n slash game for consoles. We can't lose games like DS1 and 2, they're too important for the human race.

Don't focus so much on dialogue and quest text, just some simple exchange of words and onto more killing.

Ah, I see the point now. DS3 has limited me to two characters so far, the main and one joinable. I don't mind it. I kind of thought DS2 totally changed something I loved about DS1, which was the ability to completely multi-class. Of course, I never really went in for more than two at a time, but I still enjoyed the flexibility. As far as parties goes, I don't know how many characters I had at one time in either game. I need to replay them, which I might do at some point after I finish 3.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

• 3 weeks later...

I would like for Obsidian bow out and hand the rights back over to Gas Powered Games. Honestly, while DS3 wasnt completely horrible, it was scarcely a Dungeon Siege game. It needs to be more simplistic like the original DS games DS1 and DS2. They also need to bring back the original levelling system, and armor, weapons, spells, etc... should have larger variety. Finally it should be alot freindlier for the PC considering the first two were written for the PC.

• Like 1

Squeenix has the rights and decides the direction of the game, not Obsidian.

From George Ziets' formspring:

"I liked DSIII. But l felt that the game would be better as action rpg or rpg. Ever thought about it?

asked by KrustyPL

Yes, absolutely. We tried to design DS3 as a hybrid of action RPG and Obsidian RPG. Unfortunately, this didn

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NON horrible CO OP CAMERA. being able to customize the camera having better zoom out, getting rid of the tether. both online and local offline. the game was good. the multiplayer camera is HORRIBLE. its game breaking for me and my woman playing during boss battles. i the game would just zoom out more! the tether gets us killed too much.

ds3 was way too short i beat it on hardcore in a matter of hours on single player. some length to the main campaign with some side quest plz.

Edited by PuppyofDoom

The gameplay of DS 2!

Better & deeper Story!

Charakter Creation!

Inventory like on Diablo.

More Sidequests and a more open World.

A Skill tree wich gives you a lot of opportunities.

The Hack and Slay Charakter and long time motivation for looting better stuff!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry my English language ability is weak,but to my favorite game,I want to say something.

In my opinion,the most important place of Diablo type RPG is that the skills operability, the game repetitive and online cooperative.Dungeon Siege 3 is only the first point a little progress, the latter two less than before.

I do not mean the sequel must be designed to return the original, but in the innovation, while the essence of the original there is no need to discard.

Analogy, based on Dungeon Siege 2, cancel the squad mode, only to control the hero alone, add more manipulative skills, this is still the Dungeon Siege,but Dungeon Siege 3 is not.

Here is what I want to see in the Dungeon Siege 4:

-The skill tree, more skills,and more complex equipment systems.

-Teleport and return scroll.

Dungeon Siege 3 is no return scroll, directly limit the production of the map and quests.If the map is too big or task too far away let players tired of the frequent moves, if done too conservative like DS3, will lose the fun of a variety of tasks.So the teleport and return scroll is needed.

-Larger and more fantasy world.

The frozen mountains and the glorious mine in DS3 is doing a great job,but the previous section lack of such a fantastic atmosphere.Including the design of the monster model, there should be more different patterns of monsters and less human.

-Persistent character saves and Newgame+ mode.

-More than a little effort in the online and no shared screen.

If Dungeon Siege 4 can really, I hope that is a great game.

????

• Like 1

May be from the current DS3 designed to talk about the DS4 will be more realistic.

A variety of dungeon scene in DS3 did a great job, especially the Sun treasures. The story is more delicate than the original, while the dialogue within an acceptable range in length and frequency.

DS3's main weak point is the lasting appeal (Include the poor online cooperative mode). This is not just changing too large or difficult to meet the fans of the original.If view it as a stand-alone game,the main weak point is still this aspect.So it should be enhanced in DS4.

Before the release of DS3,I have read many posts in this forum.Found that many DS fans like DS more than DS2,In fact,me too.When I first started playing DS1 I has not started to learn English, the game is not the first time translated into the language of our country.But I was also attracted to its profound connotation.

However, if the DS1 and DS2 with the same picture quality, and at the same time in 2005 listed,DS2 will be more excellent than DS1.Because of the age of DS1 listed,many Diablo 2 mode is just a new thing,but in the years following the development has become the main trend of this type of game. So if the mode in DS3 did like DS1, rather than DS2,in my opinion this is a misunderstanding.

I have also seen some posts mentioned that the DS3 difficult to meet the obsidian's fans and DS's old fans.I want to say is DS3, including the future may be the DS4,their positioning is a Diablo type RPG.As I mentioned before, return scroll, skill tree, Newgame+ mode, etc,is necessary.This is not to imitate the Diablo2 or the DS2,but these things have become a necessity for these type of games to meet the players the most basic things.Innovation and development needs while maintaining the basis of these, rather than a simple discarded.

Limited English proficiency, inevitably some errors.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see on Dungeon Siege IV :

1) In a book, I learned that Dryads live in a isle. I think it is a good idea that we can control a dryad in the IV. With Nature attack and magic.

2) Why, only three levels difficult ?? More difficulties please ! (With more change by level difficult)

3) Dragon mounts with a map and aerial vision to move.

4) Dragon ennemy, and their powers.

5) More attacks and magic.

Thank's for Dungeon siege III, It's a very good game.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the game a D grade just because they forgot about the character development and the importance of "loot" in the game, that and the boss battles are more frustrating than enjoyable. Seriously, spending 3 hours hoping you get lucky enough to beat a boss is not fun, not at all. It's the reason two people I know quit the game before completing it. It has a, "What if we took Ninja Gaiden and made it RPG" feel to it. That is not a great concept to go on. That aside the engine and the concept has potential if they remember that RPG's center around character development and interaction, not button mashing. If they put in more character development and tinkered with the combat the game could rival the epic RPG's like Mass Effect and SW:KOTOR.

It's completly speculation at this point if this will ever happen and even more so if its gonna be by Obsidian but what would you like to see in a sequel?

Me

For a future DS game (if Square hires them for DSIV) I'd like them to build up on the current combat system (as its the first Obsidian game where the combat is actually really good YMMV) go deeper into the narrative/dialog sector with more exclusive content regarding the different heroes.

In fact pretty much go full on fantasy Alpha Protocol with enjoyable combat. The groundwork is there.

Other things I would like to see in a sequel: Better/seperate online camera, Stats better built into the game (there are lots and they have effect but they seem a little too "disconnected" at the moment) and more meaty quests. Other things as well but not much important stuff. (May be forgetting something important, though)

Also. For a possible fourth game use a bigger team of designers/writers. And dedicate a small team to make online modes/improve the online experience.

Apply what T.C said above, & create a game the size of what they did for "Neverwinter Nights 2"; both in scope & depth.

Create a map for the kingdom of Ebh; have the locations play prominent roles.

Would have liked to be able to actually rebuild the chapterhouses & Legion in Dungeon Siege II; maybe not as in depth as repairing Crossroad keep but...

In depth conversational system for companions as well as stories.

Character creation or at least modifcaton of appearance

Basically, make the game an RPG with the great combat we already have for Dungeon Siege III

Edited by ethanarc

• 4 weeks later...

idd love a comeback to Dungeon Siege 2 with 100 levels, 3 sages of difficulty, pets than can be upgraded by feading them items.

i don't know what Dungeon Siege 3 was meant to be, W,A,S,D movements are usend in mmorpg not in classic rpgs, maybe you guys wanted something new, but a hardcore player like me that spent hundrends of hours in Dungeon Siege 2 was dissapointed by i'm not sure if it was a 30 hours of gameplay...

i mean even my dad was playing Dungeon Siege 2 and he loved it(and he's like 54 years old..)

it's a wesome game and i hope that Dungeon Siege 4 will be like Dungeon Siege 2

P.S.: don't get me wrong there are lots of greats things in Dungeon Siege 3 ( like itemization , and combat, and skill upgrade while using it) but would have i loved it in a 2D point and click world, with a few keys for potions and special abilties

Edited by dimitrii_ss2

I registered just to post my throughts.

Dungeon Siege 4....

Take everything from Dungeon Siege 3 and completely forget about it. Remove the backup copies...

Then, start from DS 1 and 2 and create something that is truley fitting to the name.

DS2 added some kind of power button that charged up, and it felt like it broke up the combat

1. Parties. I wan't to control the large group like DS1

Managing and equiping the party members was a core part of the game.

The formations, melee, up front casters in the back!

keep it tight or spread out

2. Don't make me pick a class!!!! (this is core to DS)

If I pick up a sword and hit things, I should get better at hitting things

If I cast a spell, I should get better at casting spells!!

Start from zero and get better,

all my party members had bows and they used them!!!

They all leveled melee to use heavier armor (even casters)

3. Items, lots and lots of items!

Having the battlefield littered with items and having to pick through them was half the fun.

The item set! Oh! The item sets!

I remember having a little minion running around and picking up all the items

when I clicked him he would explode, leaving the items at my feet.

The vendors should have some items that I can use and want

4. Story and exploration,

Lore behind almost everything you dicsover.

Don't tell me what's going on right at the begining of the game!

Story!!!!

hidden chests, loose rocks, hidden passages!

half a dungeon only accessible if you pull on that torch.

5. The grind

Give me enemies, lots of them.

My well equipped part will mow them down.

My two cents, plus a buck-fifty!

• Like 1

PC ORIENTATED CONTROLS AND A RETRURN TO THE DUNGEON SEIGE 2 TYPE OF LEVELING UP SYSTEM , ALSO IN DUNGEON SEIGE 1 THERE WAS A GOBLIN LEVEL WITH LIGHTNING GUN , GRENADE LAUNCHER AND FIRE GUNS THIS WAS GOOD BUT NOT TO BE SEEN AGAIN IN DUNGEON SEIGE 2 OR 3 , SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPITALS BUT EASIER TO SEE , THE MOVEMENT SYSTEM IN DUNGEON SEIGE 3 WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE MOVING AROUND LIKE A DRUNK I WAS NOT VERY IMPRESSED.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A control scheme that actually makes sense. This is literally the only game I've ever played where the controls were so bad that they were the reason I stopped playing.

I mean how hard is it to just load up Diablo and copy that?

• 2 weeks later...

1) Better control of the party members. I hate that they use up all the focus almost immediately in combat.

2) Overall view of the map. The mini map is fine, but I would like to see the rest of the world. You can use fog-of-war to blank out areas I have not yet explored, but I want to know where I have been sometimes.

3) Make it more like a real RPG. Let me choose what attributes to level up such as Agility, Will, Strength, etc.

4) Open up more of the terrain to explore. Staying on the road only is too Wizard of Oz like.

• Like 1

A control scheme that actually makes sense. This is literally the only game I've ever played where the controls were so bad that they were the reason I stopped playing.

DS3 isn't Diablo. You can't play Dungeon Siege 3 with a finger up your nose.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

DS3 isn't Diablo. You can't play Dungeon Siege 3 with a finger up your nose.

So because Crysis wasn't Doom that means Crytek should have come up with a brand new control scheme for that game?

It's not that DS3's control scheme was a little different; it's that it was by far the worst control setup I've ever experienced in my life (which was made all the more egregious by the fact that it was in a genre with such a well established control scheme that hadn't changed in over a dozen years).

Edited by Dream