What would you like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV?

It's completly speculation at this point if this will ever happen and even more so if its gonna be by Obsidian but what would you like to see in a sequel?

Me

For a future DS game (if Square hires them for DSIV) I'd like them to build up on the current combat system (as its the first Obsidian game where the combat is actually really good YMMV) go deeper into the narrative/dialog sector with more exclusive content regarding the different heroes.

In fact pretty much go full on fantasy Alpha Protocol with enjoyable combat. The groundwork is there.

Other things I would like to see in a sequel: Better/seperate online camera, Stats better built into the game (there are lots and they have effect but they seem a little too "disconnected" at the moment) and more meaty quests. Other things as well but not much important stuff. (May be forgetting something important, though)

Also. For a possible fourth game use a bigger team of designers/writers. And dedicate a small team to make online modes/improve the online experience.

Edited by Tale
  • Like 2

Yes, this game has probably the biggest potential of any game Obsidian made, I hope they don't screw it up by not recognizing it.

Next game should be a lot bigger and diversified so it's not just basically 4 areas with adjoining corridor-like paths. Story/voice acting/choices was also excellent but they should expand on it.

And making every ability worthy of upgrade which for many now is not the case.

• Like 1

My wishlist is basically "more of what's already there".

A longer main quest - I've always thought one more "city" to flesh out the struggle would have been nice. It doesn't have to be a huge area, but just one more major quest that takes place in somewhere new.

More sidequests - This was especially lacking in a place that's supposed to be as big as Stonebridge. I was anticipating a dozen or so sidequests, even if they were of the Fed-Ex variety, but I don't think there was even half that amount.

More companion interaction - Apart from learning about them and conversing when they first join, as well as the odd comment here and there they make and when you influence them, you don't really learn much from them.

I liked the combat, I didn't have any issues with the graphics, and the game was surprisingly bug-free (for me). So from the technical side, I don't have any suggestions for improvement. It boils down more to the "meat" of the quests I'd like to see bulked up for the next installment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

- More options, especially in combat.

- More robust multiplayer.

- Better fleshed out characters, companions and quests.

- Better level design in open areas. The world feels like a whole big dungeons.. I know the game is called Dungeon Siege, but jeez.

I have other minor gripes about the game (which I still enjoyed, despite that), but that would be where I'd pour the budget if Feargus got drunk and signed a contract with me.

P.S: If I had to summarize, I guess it's that Dungeon Siege III feels like a cRPG-lite and I'd like it to be a proper RPG, since it's not really much of an hack'n'slash.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I really have to disagree on the "It has too be more like a CRPG/proper RPG" mentionings.

Manly because the reason that the combat system and all other things work so well in this game (especially compared to all other Obsidian Games) is BECAUSE the game is such a mix between Gauntlet like Hack n' Slash and CRPG. I'd certainly enjoy making the system more complex from the one we have now. But I'd hate if too much was changed and we'd end up with just another mess again. Keep it as an RPG-Lite with fun combat. Its not the worst thing in the world if Obsidian has one. There is a room for good hybrids as Mass Effect proved.

Edited by C2B

Nothing. I hope there is no Dungeon Siege 4. The limited feature set, the streamlining, the shared screen, the lack of persistent character saves has shown me that Obsidian just wants to skate by, not make a legendary ARPG. I'm guessing there probably won't be a Dungeon Siege 4, at least not until the next reboot, but maybe you guys will get another ds game.

Or they could just just streamline it even more and make it into a cellphone game.

The gang up bunch that relentlessly insults anyone who makes a critical comment towards this game have soured me towards Obsidian in general and that was something I didn't think would happen. Obsidian has produced some amazing titles and used to stand for ambition in RPG development but it seems like streamlining all day long and the fans who enjoy streamlining are what is accepted around here ... opposing viewpoints are not really welcome.

• Like 1

The gang up bunch that relentlessly insults anyone who makes a critical comment towards this game have soured me towards Obsidian in general and that was something I didn't think would happen. Ob

Edit: Something about stones and glasshouses.

Edited by C2B

-Arena/Last Stand mode on launch.

-Open world.

-Longer campaign (this one was fine, but i'm talking even LONGER)

-More diverse loot (More types in general, more uniques, set pieces, items with auras etc)

- 1-2 more characters. The 4 there are now are perfect, but who wouldn't want more options? Another melee person would be great.

-Bigger focus on the multi-player, much bigger. If this game had a more robust feature set it could be a Diablo contender. IMO

-Better item system (current one is a bit shallow)

-More re-playability (higher levels, difficulties, ect)

-Deeper leveling system with meaningful skill choices

-More open world design with greater emphasis on exploration and secrets

-Ability to have more NPC's in party

-Persistent online characters

-Better item system (current one is a bit shallow)

-More re-playability (higher levels, difficulties, ect)

-More open world design with greater emphasis on exploration and secrets

-Ability to have more NPC's in party

-Persistent online characters

Agree on all these points (and somewhat on the one I left out). Except if Obsidian does do persistent Multiplayer also do content for it so that its worthwhile.

Edited by C2B

-A mini sim game like rebuilding the chapterhouse as well as recruiting Legionnaire followers similar to Suikoden or NWN2 town building would be nice. This at least solves some money sink issue of the game.

-A tighter narrative story would be nice too. Playing four different kinds of characters are fun, but they don't distinguish far apart enough to make their stories special at all aside from minor conversational changes. There's not much opportunity of inter party banters within the game so I really find the influence system very unambitious and pointless in comparison to previous Obsidian games.

-Improve the map designs in a way its less corridor'ish and make it more of an open world. Also, make it easier to travel from one map destination to the other instead of using the current causeway system.

Nothing. I hope there is no Dungeon Siege 4. The limited feature set, the streamlining, the shared screen, the lack of persistent character saves has shown me that Obsidian just wants to skate by, not make a legendary ARPG. I'm guessing there probably won't be a Dungeon Siege 4, at least not until the next reboot, but maybe you guys will get another ds game.

Or they could just just streamline it even more and make it into a cellphone game.

The gang up bunch that relentlessly insults anyone who makes a critical comment towards this game have soured me towards Obsidian in general and that was something I didn't think would happen. Obsidian has produced some amazing titles and used to stand for ambition in RPG development but it seems like streamlining all day long and the fans who enjoy streamlining are what is accepted around here ... opposing viewpoints are not really welcome.

So basically, you don't want to see a DS4 because you don't like something other people defend. And because these people enjoyed something you didn't you hate the company that made the product. Now does that seem like a sane and logical course of action? Not to me.

Please, like we (the community of supporters) have the responsibility of agreeing with your jaded opinion on DS3. Well we don't, sorry. We disagree, we like the game and want another of the same by the same developer. So what is keeping you here? Blind need to inflate your online ego and argue with people who like something you don't? That's pathetic, the best thing you can do now is reduce the amount of stress this is causing you and leave and take your cynicism with you.

Keep personal attacks out of your opinions, guys.

There was no personal attack in my previous post. Just true statements. Nobody is required to share his opinion, and basing your opinion of a company on the fans' support is simply ridiculous. That is not sane and logical thought processes.

But I do encourage you to find a solid personal attack or insult in my post and I will do my best to change the words so it's not an attack and more of a statement.

But I do encourage you to find a solid personal attack or insult in my post and I will do my best to change the words so it's not an attack and more of a statement.

I think the words 'sane' (as used to imply that the person isn't) and 'pathetic' are enough to be considered 'personal attacks'.

I think the words 'sane' (as used to imply that the person isn't) and 'pathetic' are enough to be considered 'personal attacks'.

The way I used sane was in the context of "sane and logical" which is not an insult but a course of action that someone who isn't projecting nonsensical reasoning would follow.

Sorry, but, saying "I don't like Obsidian because the people who like them, like them." It doesn't make sense and it is not a sane or logical statement. Reality is not an insult no matter how harsh it may be.

And as for the word pathetic, I used it in a metaphorical sense. If you have nothing better to do then hang around hating on a company and their products for no other reason than to provoke people who do like the company and enjoy their products. Well, then that is pathetic. That course of action is a pathetic attempt to self-inflate an online ego and persona. Nothing more. I didn't call him pathetic I said his chosen course of actions are. Again reality, no matter how harsh is not an insult. Don't want to be pathetic? Don't pursue pathetic actions.

My wishlist is basically "more of what's already there".

A longer main quest - I've always thought one more "city" to flesh out the struggle would have been nice. It doesn't have to be a huge area, but just one more major quest that takes place in somewhere new.

More sidequests - This was especially lacking in a place that's supposed to be as big as Stonebridge. I was anticipating a dozen or so sidequests, even if they were of the Fed-Ex variety, but I don't think there was even half that amount.

More companion interaction - Apart from learning about them and conversing when they first join, as well as the odd comment here and there they make and when you influence them, you don't really learn much from them.

I liked the combat, I didn't have any issues with the graphics, and the game was surprisingly bug-free (for me). So from the technical side, I don't have any suggestions for improvement. It boils down more to the "meat" of the quests I'd like to see bulked up for the next installment.

this.