Mass Effect 3

is it offline coop? i might enjoy playing it with my wife if its a splitscreen co-op. otherwise i'll just ignore it and play single player like the first 2 games.

i always support offline co-op game modes in video games. offline multiplayer has been fun for me since contra and bubble bobble.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What the **** is wrong with games today? Every damn thing has to have multiplayer today ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

As the last episode of the Shepard Trilogy, for them to even waste any dev time at all on this is ridiculous.

All that dev time should have been spent on making the engine, story and other mechanics better. I think I'll cancel my pre-order of Mass Effect III. This is the type of direction they really should not be pursuing. After what they did with DA II, it seems BioWare are really out of touch with themselves...

As the last episode of the Shepard Trilogy, for them to even waste any dev time at all on this is ridiculous.

All that dev time should have been spent on making the engine, story and other mechanics better. I think I'll cancel my pre-order of Mass Effect III. This is the type of direction they really should not be pursuing. After what they did with DA II, it seems BioWare are really out of touch with themselves...

Oh no they aren't out of touch with themselves, Ray and Greg have moved on to greener pastures and left the company to newer hands who seem to be doing all of the ****ing up. So its that they aren't themselves.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Multiplayer is finally coming to Mass Effect, BioWare confirmed today. Next year's Mass Effect 3 adds four-player cooperative multiplayer missions and the campaign "bonus" Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War. BioWare's Chris Preistly explains, in detail, on the game's official forums.

Mass Effect 3's four-player co-op missions

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BIO has confirmed it on their boards so not really unsoruced any more.

I don't care about MP; but people crying over its inclusion need to grow up a tad. It's not the end of the world.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Since it's apparently done by the Montreal team, there's very little in the way of resources lost. Still surprised by people who spend absurd amounts of time talking about games have no concept of budgeting. I'd say it's almost a given any resources directed at this wouldn't have been tasked on the game at all, otherwise. Well, apart from some higher-level producer type assets who have another team to oversee now..

Coop multiplayer?! It's going to SUCK like bg1 and 2 did!! Totally sold out! What will EA force them to do next?!

Am I doing it right?

You can't punch shadows, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowboxing

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i dont get the multiplayer complaints, multiplayer was way more common back in the nes - n64 era than it is now.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dont get the multiplayer complaints, multiplayer was way more common back in the nes - n64 era than it is now.

I don't think that your statement is entirely correct, back then there were still genres that were exclusively single player. Horror, RPGs, Action Adventure, and little by little all these have been "multiplayerized". Which wouldn't be a problem except that they run the risk; with a high probability, that it will drag the whole experience down and quite frankly I don't see multiplayer going anywhere in the near future in terms of advancement.

village_idiot.gif

You have to go back to the 80s to find RPGs exclusively single player as a genre. In a more specific context, the first three RPGs Bioware did were all multiplayer (BG1, 2, NWN).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

yeah, i think even some of the final fantasy games had a multiplayer option too. it was buried in the options, and stupid, but thats not that different than stupid multiplayer gimmick additions to modern singleplayer games either.

i think the difference is just that somewhere along the way coop multiplayer got abandoned, and then in the current generation made a small comeback, but still, most modern games don't actually have coop/multiplayer, but instead offer just half baked deathmatch type deals which got old around the time quake 3 was released...

As Tale pointed out, BIO has had MP in their games from basiclly the beginning of their RPGs. It sure didn't effect BG2's quality, and MP/modding/toolset was a major selling point of NWN with the SP (while I enjoyed others didn't though it is better than BG1) and why it was BIO's most successful game 9yeah, even more than KOTOR0 until the DA-ME era.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wait, you had it pre-ordered in the first place? Pretty much every bit of information about it I've seen makes it seem like a gigantic heap of ****.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

As Tale pointed out, BIO has had MP in their games from basiclly the beginning of their RPGs. It sure didn't effect BG2's quality, and MP/modding/toolset was a major selling point of NWN with the SP (while I enjoyed others didn't though it is better than BG1) and why it was BIO's most successful game 9yeah, even more than KOTOR0 until the DA-ME era.

Volo, we both know that this isn't going to be like BG2 or NWN. At best its going to be a harmless gimmick like the Mako or the HammerHead, at worst they actually going to make the whole thing co-op which will affect the SP.

village_idiot.gif

Volo, we both know that this isn't going to be like BG2 or NWN. At best its going to be a harmless gimmick like the Mako or the HammerHead, at worst they actually going to make the whole thing co-op which will affect the SP.

I'd sure hope the game would have more than four missions total. :)

So the whole "Galaxy of War" thing which is going to be some mass-cross-platform assortment of secondary "games" which can have an effect on the SP campaign, but aren't needed to play the SP to a satisfactory conclusion...

Why do I have a vision of them doing another Facebook game, some cellphone/android/iphone based game app, and a bunch of other rather silly "mini-games" that can all hook up to the actual ME3 game in some manner...

Although Ubisoft already did something similar to that with their AC facebook game....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd sure hope the game would have more than four missions total. :down:

MISSION I: travel to Salarian homeworld and recruit Salarians.

MISSION II: travel to Asari homeworld and recruit Asari

MISSION III: travel to Turian homeworld and recruit Turians

INTERMEZZO: sleep with love interest

MISSION IV: travel to Earth with fleet, destroy Reapers.

THE END

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'd sure hope the game would have more than four missions total. :down:

MISSION I: travel to Salarian homeworld and recruit Salarians.

MISSION II: travel to Asari homeworld and recruit Asari

MISSION III: travel to Turian homeworld and recruit Turians

INTERMEZZO: sleep with love interest

MISSION IV: travel to Earth with fleet, destroy Reapers.

THE END

Yeah, with the "recruit quarians or geth" and "recruit krogans" as 1200 point dlc later on. :D

Yeah, I think it's a completely separate thing, suspect some kind of zombie (pardon husk) horde thing.

Bioware should make romances DLC-only. That way they could focus on the core game instead. Everybody wins!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bioware should make romances DLC-only.

But then they wouldn't need a female full-time writer army anymore. Think of the jobs!

Who do you think writes the man on man romances?

village_idiot.gif