Mass Effect 3

i dunno, when i played TIE Fighter it was pretty helpful being able to see out the front of my TIE Advanced, especially when i had finally cornered one of those horribly pesky A-Wings.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dunno, when i played TIE Fighter it was pretty helpful being able to see out the front of my TIE Advanced, especially when i had finally cornered one of those horribly pesky A-Wings.

Hehe... yes, in the same universe where fighters only have fixed position guns for WWII style dogfights. Force forbid they ever equipped fighters with turret mounted guns or targeting systems for anything but airborne torpedoes :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Speaking of windows in the front of a ship, I actually do not see why people say that's bad science.

Same reason it's not done in submarines.

In space you can't really see anything with an naked eye.

And may I add that like in a combat submarine it's a hazard.In combat the fact that it would be on the front of the ship makes it a prime target and not only that, but there is bound to be some decay from constantly wear from minuscule space trash.

Plus, space its a vacuum no reason why spaceships should only fly straight. (That's what Shep said)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The entire point is that Mass Effect does not have good science and never did. It has lots of technobabble, but not good science. Pointing out Star Trek's science fopaux does not defend Mass Effect against that claim.

? Where did I say it did?

ME was and always be Sci-Fi lite. However the 'front window' isn't the reason for that.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Speaking of windows in the front of a ship, I actually do not see why people say that's bad science.

Same reason it's not done in submarines.

In space you can't really see anything with an naked eye.

Point blank, space is not underwater and not at sea.

In fact, spaceships today have windows in the front. That's because having those windows helps. For example, lose your way...point your ship towards a star and chances are that you'll get closer to that star. Don't have a window to see...can't exactly do that. Lose your instruments, at least you can orient yourself towards the earth since you can see where it is...and you can guage easier from a forward position than under and back.

Subs don't have windows because they could crack easier under pressure...Space ships don't have that same difficulty...at least with pressure pushing into them from the outside environment. It's different pressures affecting the hull, in fact in many ways the exact opposite.

Rule of Cool, people.

Based on this thread, I think you'd have to explain "cool" to a lot of people here. :(

Okay, but who's cool enough to teach us cool? Fonzie? ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

After all, how many people do you know who really don't like seeing clear images of stars and spinning, swirling gas clouds in space? ;)

Most officers on Imperial vessels in WH40k?

Because that's a stirring example of clean psychologically healthy folks... :(

Nothing wrong with staring into the Ehye of Terror until your brain leaks out your ears.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rule of Cool, people.

Based on this thread, I think you'd have to explain "cool" to a lot of people here. :(

Okay, but who's cool enough to teach us cool? Fonzie? ;)

That would probably be too extreme to begin with. Might cause some kind of shock. Probably better start with someone closer to the beginning level, like Dilbert or Chuck Bartowski.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Rule of Cool, people.

Based on this thread, I think you'd have to explain "cool" to a lot of people here. ;)

Okay, but who's cool enough to teach us cool? Fonzie? :shrugz:

That would probably be too extreme to begin with. Might cause some kind of shock. Probably better start with someone closer to the beginning level, like Dilbert or Chuck Bartowski Norris.

There, fixed it for you. Yes, Dilbert is cool too :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nothing wrong with staring into the Ehye of Terror until your brain leaks out your ears.

Is that even physiologically possible? Isn't it supposed to leak out of the nose?

Sorry if this question seems to be tasteless, but I have to know!

I would imagine it was more likely to leak out of your eyes. But ears seems artistically correct.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

i have more fun complaining about dragon age than mass effect, they should announce dragon age 3 and show some concept art so i can have something to bitch about

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Can't wait for this to come out, as its probably the last half-decent game Bioware will ever publish.

It'll be amusing to see which corpse will EA management force Bioware to dig up next.

Descent to Undermountain sequel or DA3? And, better yet, does it matter?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

While I do personally enjoy making some fun of BioWare from time to time, I find the false perception of EA forcing Bio to do dis and dat also very amusing.

The BioDocs, or at least Ray Muzyka, seems to have a very firm grip on the senior executive board. He's not gonna screw his own company. Besides, I believe if John Riccitello ever resigns as CEO from EA, Ray would be the perfect candiate to replace him. I just have that hunch.

At this point, Bio can only grow bigger and stronger. But not necessarily better.

Edited by Morgoth

While I do personally enjoy making some fun of BioWare from time to time, I find the false perception of EA forcing Bio to do dis and dat also very amusing.

The BioDocs, or at least Ray Muzyka, seems to have a very firm grip on the senior executive board. He's not gonna screw his own company. Besides, I believe if John Riccitello ever resigns as CEO from EA, Ray would be the perfect candiate to replace him. I just have that hunch.

At this point, Bio can only grow bigger and stronger. But not necessarily better.

The notion that they're not in control just makes it all easier to swallow. I reject your reality and substitute my own!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm not sure if I want to spring for the Collector's Edition or not. I'm guessing any sort of "bonus" content in the CE will eventually be made available for the regular folk, via DLC, right?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)