Mass Effect 3

I'd say that's pretty outright...

Yeah, nevermind - no idea how I missed that when I read through it.

Also:

Once Shepard reaches the top of the elevator he begins a conversation with GUARDIAN where all the mysteries of the universe are revealed.

What the **** kind of **** writing is this?

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Eh. It's not the first story to go that route, and has done so in many different forms of entetrainment. There are biooks, movies, tv shows, and the like who have gone down that path. It's not lame just ebcause, it depends on how it is approached.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ME3 box disclaimer, bolded part as there was some discussion about what if anything Origin would be needed for.

INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR PRODUCT ACTIVATION. INTERNET CONNECTION, EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT, ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT AND ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS, INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT) AND REGISTRATION WITH ENCLOSED SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE(S) REQUIRED TO PLAY, ACCESS BONUS CONTENT (IF ANY) AND ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES. SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE. SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. EULAS AND ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM/1/PRODUCT-EULAS. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT AT WWW.EA.COM. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO ACTIVATE SOFTWARE, ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES AND REGISTER FOR AN EA/ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.

Actually the full EULA is apparently already available, if anyone feels like being bored by legalese.

Edited by Zoraptor

Gotta hand it to BioWare, though, how many games can end with

Earth being destroyed

? On the contrary, many sci-fi games begin that way.

I got the feeling that's going to be the hardest ending to achieve.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gotta love the language they use in the developer notes:

This is a temp fix to try to keep most of the level playable as we get the art done. What would take place here instead of a popup is fighting and exploration through CSec headquarters followed by a climactic conversation at Bailey's office where you find out the council is in danger and Udina is a jerk, who must be stopped. At that point you will exit csec into a patrol car.

So, "Udina is a jerk?" I think we already know that. :(

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We're officially announcing our team of talented composers who have played a critical role in Mass Effect 3's musical development, with direction by our audio team. The roster of composers for Mass Effect 3 includes:

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well the music will be EPIC, at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well the music will be EPIC, at least.
I put to a vote that ME3 should be a musical, after all what better way for Shepard to "come out". Ohhh and Mordin too!
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Mass Effect never had strong science. It was always space opera, for the drama.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It pretended to have OK science. There are all those codecs that explain how the tech work. The characters throw out technobabble that use a lot of real science. The Normandy is actually designed like how a real stealth vessel would be like.

It pretended to have OK science. There are all those codecs that explain how the tech work. The characters throw out technobabble that use a lot of real science. The Normandy is actually designed like how a real stealth vessel would be like.

It's consistent space opera science. :( That doesn't mean anything bad, space opera science can be quite fun and well-thought out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Normandy is actually designed like how a real stealth vessel would be like.

Having a pilot at the front and a floor to ceiling window at his station is probably significantly worse than beam weapons not being up to expectation.

It's consistent space opera science. :( That doesn't mean anything bad, space opera science can be quite fun and well-thought out.

I guess that he was trying to point that the actual game didn't have many scientific aspects.

village_idiot.gif

Having a pilot at the front and a floor to ceiling window at his station is probably significantly worse than beam weapons not being up to expectation.

The Normandy isn't a battlecruiser. It's not suppose to engage in combat. Plus since it is designed for stealth, it would have limited sensors as well.

The Normandy isn't a battlecruiser. It's not suppose to engage in combat. Plus since it is designed for stealth, it would have limited sensors as well.

Are you trying to tell me that it's a ship designed to be piloted by looking out the window?

How does the Normandy destroy the Collector cruiser when one had eschewed all upgrades?

I've never actually gone up against the Collector Cruiser without upgrades...so don't know. Maybe almost everyone dies on the way there?

On the other note, I think they said in ME1 that the Normandy was a Frigate.

With the size being bigger with the Normandy 2...I'm not certain...probably still a Frigate? Or maybe something else?