Mass Effect 3

You mean the face change?

The it doesn't matter what you chose and who you killed in the last game, and even though you imported a save from that game we're still going to ignore it.

That's a stretch, the game is aware of quite a few decisions and reflects the appropriately, but Leliana's magic rebirth is pretty egregious.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You mean the face change?

The it doesn't matter what you chose and who you killed in the last game, and even though you imported a save from that game we're still going to ignore it.

That's a stretch, the game is aware of quite a few decisions and reflects the appropriately, but Leliana's magic rebirth is pretty egregious.

They've done worse. Right now, I am more than prepared to believe they are willing to ignore any decision the player makes or reasonably wishes to make.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What if you killed Zevran? Does he still appear in DA2?

AFAIK, not after the latest patch. (He was definitely wonky in the initial release, as were the Awakening end choices).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

anyone consider that, at least for the Rachni, they could show up as enemies if you killed the queen in ME1?

i loved ME2, but am for some reason VERY apprehensive about part 3, probably because of how DA2 turned out... if they start doing mandatory preorders to get all the cast again like they did for ME2 and DA2, i think im going to skip ME3 and wait for the "complete" edition (or at least a 50% off sale on steam)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Neat, I had wondered the same thing. I hope the cutscene before you merge is full of dramatic goodbyes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have no idea whether that is accurate or not, but it's been a widely distributed speculation, often with some Biowarism attached

("I want to be a Reaper!" / "Reaper - Shephard romance, problem solved!")

. Given the religious overtones of calling someone "Shephard" it would hardly be a surprise.

I was happy to read that according to the leaked plot, my old theory about the Hunters of Dune/Sandworms of Dune Kwisatz Haderach "I'ma merge with the Reapers lololol" ending was correct.

I've just read through the entirety of the leaked plot, and while it may hint at this it's kinda far from certain. What sounds *really* lame though is

there are living protheans involved

If any of you want to read it, here it is:

http://pastebin.com/KYJNWGug

It's probably worth nothing that it's far from a complete plot summary - fragmented cutscene directions, mainly, and main quest descriptions.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If any of you want to read it, here it is:

Had to take a look, like I will remember any of that when the game gets out :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like the Reapers can win, meh. Not a big surprise though.

They harvest a whole race in each cycle of the Matrix in order to create a ship two kilometers in length. I thought a ship needed to be metal, not flesh and bone, although that would be kinda cool I suppose. Pretty poorly though out otherwise.

This is backgroundish stuff and not even confirmed, I think we can dispense with the spoiler tags.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This is backgroundish stuff and not even confirmed, I think we can dispense with the spoiler tags.

Right. I'm sure nobody would mind if I would make a summary of the leaked story from the internal beta, because hey, I'm sure they will change it completely for the final version!

Well, the thing that I can't seem to figure out is

If you get the best ending supposedly you MERGE with the Reapers...what the heck is that supposed to accomplish more than destroying or controlling them!? Why the heck would you WANT to merge with them and why is that considered the best ending? How is merging with something that destroys every sentient life form in the Galaxy every 50,000 years the ultimate ending that you would want?

Anyways, sounds rather corny to me. Still am going to buy the game...you better believe that!!!

Well then you can have them..uh..share tech with the lesser races or get the joy of redeeming them. Or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Reapers told it themselves in the first two games: "It is beyond your understanding"

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you get the best ending supposedly you MERGE with the Reapers...what the heck is that supposed to accomplish more than destroying or controlling them!? Why the heck would you WANT to merge with them and why is that considered the best ending? How is merging with something that destroys every sentient life form in the Galaxy every 50,000 years the ultimate ending that you would want?

Anyways, sounds rather corny to me. Still am going to buy the game...you better believe that!!!

I would definitely want to become a huge Space Terminator.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Five bucks says that there's a thread right now on the BW social trying to make the fembot romanceable.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There's actually nothing in the leaked information that states outright that this happens - read through it yourself if you don't believe me. Some of the dialogue with The Illusive Man sort of hints at it, but it's far from definite. The leaked plot info is fairly incomplete - there are mentions of

some sort of prothean artifact, "the catalyst," "the crucible," and an actual, living prothean

but not much on what these things actually are or how exactly they are used to defeat the Reapers.

Five bucks says that there's a thread right now on the BW social trying to make the fembot romanceable.

I wouldn't doubt it.

One of the few things I did actually like is

the protheans worshiping organic evolution

. Kinda sets them up as a nice foil to the Reapers.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

There's actually nothing in the leaked information that states outright that this happens - read through it yourself if you don't believe me. Some of the dialogue with The Illusive Man sort of hints at it, but it's far from definite. The leaked plot info is fairly incomplete - there are mentions of

some sort of prothean artifact, "the catalyst," "the crucible," and an actual, living prothean

but not much on what these things actually are or how exactly they are used to defeat the Reapers.

I wouldn't doubt it.

One of the few things I did actually like is

the protheans worshiping organic evolution

. Kinda sets them up as a nice foil to the Reapers.

We must have read two different things then, because the one I read had several endings on it. Don't read the spoilers if you don't want to read the ending of the book before it begins...

1930.ACTION:

1932.Shepard must now make his final decision - to control the Reapers, to destroy the Reapers, or if they had a perfect game to become one with the Reapers.

1936.CUTSCENE:

1938.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard leaps off the edge of the platform becoming one with the Reapers.

1942.CUTSCENE:

1944.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard places his hands into the control mechanism and gains control over the Reapers. Earth is destroyed, and the Reapers leave.

1948.CUTSCENE:

1950.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard destroys the tubes resulting in the Reapers being destroyed. Earth is also Destroyed.

1954.CUTSCENE:

1956.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard places his hands into the control mechanism and gains control over the Reapers. Earth is okay, and the Reapers leave.

1960.CUTSCENE:

1962.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard destroys the tubes resulting in the Reapers being destroyed. Earth is devastated.

1966.CUTSCENE:

1968.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard destroys the tubes resulting in the Reapers being destroyed. Earth is okay.

1972.CUTSCENE:

1974.The DEVICE docks with the Citadel, Shepard destroys the tubes resulting in the Reapers being destroyed. Earth is okay. Shepard survives.

I'd say that's pretty outright...

Edited by greylord