Mass Effect 3

Right down to the ugly demented face that feels like it should look attractive but really really isn't. Yikes.

And remember how she was all over you on the first game and pissed at you one the second one? Well get ready for the make up sex, whether you want it or not. Thanks Bioware!

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Makes me glad I kept Kaiden alive, though I'm really not sure if I'm actually going to buy this, it's looking like it'll be pretty bad.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm perhaps a touch surprised to say I agree with Nepenthe, at least if it is as presented. The reservation would be if it's some sort of stalking horse for "only 5% of people used RPG mode so we're cutting it in future". So long as it remains formalising pre-existing game play choices I see no reason to object- people already click through dialogue or turn difficulty to easy to rush combat, or turn on auto-levelling, after all.

I doubt that, at that point they'll shut Bioware down and move essential resources to DICE. :p

Besides, if they're even considering something like that, they future is lost - but it won't make ME3 be like that, so I'll worry about it if it happens. ...

Orogun, you notice how you're the only one getting hung on the "story mode"? The presence of the action mode essentially nullifies any potential fears linked to the other extreme... :p

Meh, Ashley still has some issues but fundamentally looks like she did in ME2 (there's also shots on Neogaf not aimed to provoke the reaction you are having). Clearly some work still needs to take place, but hey, this game isn't releasing for four and a half more months. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Makes me glad I kept Kaiden alive, though I'm really not sure if I'm actually going to buy this, it's looking like it'll be pretty bad.

Same.

Couldn't stand her flirting, and getting nuked is the only solution in the BioWare universe for that.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Same.

Couldn't stand her flirting, and getting nuked is the only solution in the BioWare universe for that.

That's one thing they promised they'd fix (implement a more clear LJBF path), and they ****ing should, it was downright painful how many npc relationships in ME2 ended in some kind of holding pattern because of the way they were just set up for "romance".

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Well get ready for the make up sex, whether you want it or not."

Not one BIO roamnce ever was forced on the PC. I doubt ME3 will be any different. Why make stupid stfuf up?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not one BIO roamnce ever was forced on the PC. I doubt ME3 will be any different. Why make stupid stfuf up?

Orogun just can't help it though, the ladies throw themselves at him.

Orogun just can't help it though, the ladies throw themselves at him.

If only it was just the ladies :lol:

@Vol: grow a sense of humor

@Nep: I fear because of ME2 combat system, they're simplifying the mechanics to reach a broader audience but those who want a harder challenge will see the whole thing unravel. EG: the dropped usefulness of most classes at Insanity/Nightmare levels. The story mode only suffers if they make the action too hard, but the reverse is also true because they are catering to a lowest denominator. Meaning that they will shape their lowest setting for the action based on that Story Mode, and I doubt that they will spend many resources on making the action more dynamic and reactive when they can just do a repeat of the ME2. Just buff up the enemies Health/Shields and have them run towards the player.

At this point its pretty much speculation, but I have my reservations based on what I know of ME and BW's new market.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

how many people played ME 1 and 2 and were like "damn why is this game got so much rpg stuff in it?! im not buying the last game in the trilogy unless they get rid of all these stupid skillz!!"

bioware is catering to the lowest common denominator, which is leaving me less than thrilled.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I was already set not to buy ME2 because of the stupid system in ME1. But more because of the lame plot, characters, and planet exploration.

I'm curious as to how many people use the phrase "catering to the lowest common denominator" without knowing what it actually means.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm curious as to how many people use the phrase "catering to the lowest common denominator" without knowing what it actually means.

It's like statistics. It can mean anything you want to, depending on what spin you put on it :rolleyes:

I take it to mean people with short attentionspans and a deep seated need for success in games to the exclusion of all else (especially if it doesn't reinforce their feeling of success). But that is my entirely subjective definition that would probably fail any scrutiny :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The lowest common denominator is not a particular group. It is the trait that all groups share.

The lowest common denominator is not a particular group. It is the trait that all groups share.

I know the mathematical definition of it, but I doubt that is what people mean when using it on a gaming forum :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I know the mathematical definition of it, but I doubt that is what people mean when using it on a gaming forum :rolleyes:

So which would it be a proper term to describe people who play games at the lowest difficulty and still find it challenging, Casuals?

Less just call them the lowest point in the curve then. Shame though, LCD was catchy and I think I've the royalties on it.

village_idiot.gif

What right do we have to call ourselves nerds if we can't use math terms properly?

So which would it be a proper term to describe people who play games at the lowest difficulty and still find it challenging, Casuals?

I suspect (going by context) people use it as a derogatory term to mean something along the lines of mono-cell organisms.