Mass Effect 3

Son ? Really...

Tell me where do you put games that have view port switching in your rigid category lineup.

There's rigid categories and then there's the inability to tell first and third person apart. Sure, call it a "shooter" or whatever (and you'd still be mistaken), but FPS, First Person Shooter in the vein of Wolf3d, Doom and CoD it is not.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Son ? Really...

Tell me where do you put games that have view port switching in your rigid category lineup.

It's not just viewport switching, son. If it was that simple, we'd have the option in virtually every "shooter" out there.

Or do you want to play Gears of War in First-person view? Or Thief or HL or NOLF or System Shock 2 in third-person view? You certainly can, but it ain't gonna feel right.

"99% of playtime is concerned with shooting things, but sure whatever, we can call it an RPG."

You can call ME2 a RPG, shooter, action, action rpg, advebnture, sports, simulation, puzzle, ro whatever else you may thuink of... but it most cetrainly isn't a FPS. Do you even kno what a FPS is? Do you know what those 3 letter stand for? Or are you just trolling?

It';s no more a shooter than BL or LV is. Sorry In fact, LV is more akin to a FPS than any BIO game is b/c none of BIO's games are first person. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, Bio/EA now are prostituting themselves to CliffyB and the angry nerd mob?

Whowudhavethoughtdat?

The guy who made GOW likes a GOW clone. Who would've thought? :bat:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, but remember, every single GoW game outsold every ME game, and that Gears only being released on one platform sort of reinforces my statement.

BioWare clearly wants to have the Gears players on their side. They're sucking up, that's my point.

I would have thought they would had been on board since ME2 which is highly reminiscent of GOW but then again I've met the GOW crowd and they're not particularly smart, or polite.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, but remember, every single GoW game outsold every ME game, and that Gears only being released on one platform sort of reinforces my statement.

BioWare clearly wants to have the Gears players on their side. They're sucking up, that's my point.

I would have thought they would had been on board since ME2 which is highly reminiscent of GOW but then again I've met the GOW crowd and they're not particularly smart, or polite.

That sounds strangely familiar... Oh, right.

;)

That sounds strangely familiar... Oh, right.

:p

:lol:

village_idiot.gif

Hm, I sort of understand the modes but at the same time wish they weren't necessary .

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, I sort of understand the modes but at the same time wish they weren't necessary .

^^

Even then personally find it rather grating. Also quite haven't recovered from the online achievements/trophies announcement earlier this week. Looks like this is going to be the first ME game I won't get 100 % on. :p

With the whole Origin debacle, I'll just follow the Codex LP. That'll be more fun than actually "playing" the game anyway.

What was the "Origin debacle" again? The bunch of hater-spread bs that was debunked once again last week, on this very forum? :p

Thought that spyware claim was debunked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thought that spyware claim was debunked.

Not really.

The fact that it just opens the files as it scans the disk the first time doesn't mean it's benign. First, just it being aware of the existence of some files might be a problem. Secondly, the fact that it doesn't read the files the first time doesn't read that it won't read them later, or on a schedule set by the system's controller. The same goes for sending data back to the server: the fact that it hasn't uploaded any data doesn't mean that it won't upload any data at any point in the future.

The statements made by that guy on Reddit make me think that he either has no clue about computer/network security or he's a shill.

Also I really really hope BioWare did not add a m/m romance in ME3....