Mass Effect 3

But that's because he's surrounded my women! They force him to do it!

Yes! :sorcerer:

In German there's a word for that (Gruppenzwang). What's the English term for this?

Peer pressure ? :p

Ah, Gifted beat me to it.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Volo, we both know that this isn't going to be like BG2 or NWN"

You don't known what i know so stop trolling by pretending to think you know what I know. It's MP cna't be any 'worse' than BG2's which was just a tack on that added nothing or took away anything from the campaign.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Should also be pointed out that BIO EDM isn't actually doing the MP. Another division is.

And this division of labor makes the prospect better how?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It means it shouldn't (yeah, theoretically) detract from the SP experience even if it sucks?

I don't think that compartmentalization, works that way for video games. That kind of stuff is good for DLC because the other team has a finish product to go from but working alongside with no oversight of both team or with a large degree of separation is bound to give you noticeable different result.

In short; MP is going to be wildly detached from SP.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

It means it shouldn't (yeah, theoretically) detract from the SP experience even if it sucks?

I don't think that compartmentalization, works that way for video games. That kind of stuff is good for DLC because the other team has a finish product to go from but working alongside with no oversight of both team or with a large degree of separation is bound to give you noticeable different result.

If it's still running on the Unreal 3 engine, wouldn't it already have some MP code thrown into the bargain so to speak? The work then being in the design, fleshing out the game mechanics etc. to take it into account. Wouldn't make much sense trying to add it as an afterthought, as it would likely feel like an artificial, bolted on thing (like minigames and QTE's).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It may well be so. If that's the case it should not detract from SP though, the more separate they are the less effect they should have. And as Gorth notes, UE3 is fundamentally MP friendly out of the box.

I'm not particularly expecting large amounts of awesome from the MP in any case, just that it won't really effect the awesomeness (or not) of the SP experience. At this point it's probably a combo DLC purchasing driver and further encouragement to tie copies to Origin accounts as much as anything.

It may well be so. If that's the case it should not detract from SP though, the more separate they are the less effect they should have. And as Gorth notes, UE3 is fundamentally MP friendly out of the box.

I'm not particularly expecting large amounts of awesome from the MP in any case, just that it won't really effect the awesomeness (or not) of the SP experience. At this point it's probably a combo DLC purchasing driver and further encouragement to tie copies to Origin accounts as much as anything.

Meh, I think their producers are competent enough to run an MP team on the side, and a lot of them probably saw work on Arrival anyway. While it wasn't exactly a five star Mass Effect Experience, it was still technically competent.

Also, echo what Zoraptor said (which is why I quoted him) :D

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I believe that MP is just a feature added on request of EA to make some dollars out of the second hand market (online pass, project ten dollar and so on). I believe that it won't affect the game and that the "galaxy readiness" thing was created just to blend the viral marketing on the web with the main game. They should have called it ME2 readiness.. Imho, if you buy the game and does not care for anything but SP, you will have the complete experience without any kind of problem.

Edited by meomao

just another bullet point on the back of the box.

plus kids these days want to play on the internetz. they don't care if the game is good.

i don't know any kids.

most of this post is fabrication.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

plus kids these days want to play on the internetz. they don't care if the game is good.

i don't know any kids.

:(

I agree, for the same reasons.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i don't know any kids.

Heck multiplayer is the saving grace of many an awful games. But I gotta admit watching BW go on like this is like the gaming equivalent of Lindsey Lohan and as fun to watch.

village_idiot.gif

i don't know any kids.

Best post I've read all month. Thanks for the laughs.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I believe that MP is just a feature added on request of EA to make some dollars out of the second hand market (online pass, project ten dollar and so on). I believe that it won't affect the game and that the "galaxy readiness" thing was created just to blend the viral marketing on the web with the main game. They should have called it ME2 readiness.. Imho, if you buy the game and does not care for anything but SP, you will have the complete experience without any kind of problem.

Is there even going to be a second hand market to this game, or is it going to be one of those DRM things where you only get one copy per machine and then it's just a table protector for your cup?

At least for PC.

I guess you could be right in regards to consoles.

At least for PC.

I guess you could be right in regards to consoles.

I do agree but ME is a consolle title: at least, it sells mostly on consolle and it's developed with the consolles in mind. ME2's PC sales were very low AFAIK. Maybe on PC they see the MP as anti-piracy measure.

Edited by meomao

ME2's PC sales were very low AFAIK.

I do not remember EA/BioWare ever mentioning exact sales numbers for ME2, or a mention of disappointment in sales. Or if NDP released some sales numbers. So that basically remains an unknown.

Agreed, there's no data that says ME2's PC sales were exceptional in any way. I'd still be hella surprised if they were more than symbolic in comparison to the x360+ps3 sales.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif