Mass Effect 3

And if you are counting the main companion quests as 5 minute sidequests (saying that's how you keep time, this is in relation timescope wise) I guess that's still better than the 5 mainquests of the original ME which each took 7 minutes each for a total of 35 minutes of gametime!!!!

Though the original did have a ton of sidequests...probably around 12...all taking around 30 seconds and basically being the same two quests in the same two buildings but with different names on each planet that they took place on.

:)

Sorry if I expected ME2 to be an improvement over ME, plus substance also causes higher awareness of error. The sidequests in ME lacked a large amount of context, which made them mostly forgettable (even the 3 companion ones) but ME2 basically recycled one major theme into each quest to (what I can guess)

1- Garner an emotional response from their teenage audience by making the characters daddy issues relatable

Or

2- One or all of the team member were venting their own daddy issues onto the characters

At any rate, I could had forgiven ME2 press A for awesome new direction if it actually had wowed me. But without any exploration, character customization (playing princess dress up doesn't count) differentiation between classes and with every conflict being solved by the same approach (wack a mole shootouts) Plus the lackluster ending which was a very transparent "If you choose one of these 2 characters you will succeed" which completely took out the "Suicide" from the mission (not to mention the god awful Reaper)

You really expect me to compare that to ME which had a novel factor (which meant that any transgressions they may had committed would had been forgiven under the banner of innovation) actual RPG elements, a strong villain with a good story to follow (where half the dialog wasn't trying to stroke my ego with lines such as "Shepard its a living god" or every girl I meet on the first game trying to get a piece of me)

ME was not a pretty girl, not the most elegant but she had a charming personality. ME2 was a needy whore that keeps trying (too hard) to stroke my ego

PS: (parenthesis FTW)

Edit: I swear to God that this post was much smaller in my mind, sorry. :shifty:

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's not the in-game one, it's an impression done by a new concept artist.

Is that the fan artist turned pro?

Anyway, I'm with Lexx:

You can make your own face anyway, so who cares?

Yes x2.

those look like ****, but again. It doesn't matter. If you don't have a ME2 save, I'm sure some can be found on the web.

You've lost me. What does a ME2 save have to do with this?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It becomes a problem if ugly-Shep faces the cover box... you can't just modify *that* with character generation.

Although you guys would probably go "get it on Steam then"... I like my box. And not getting a rip-off price.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Obviously you can make your Shep look as bad(or good, I guess) as you want.

You say that, but I fall into the camp of gamers who, when using sliders to create a face, are thrilled when their creation comes out looking mostly human.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

If that version of Shepard is on the box, I will join all you whiners, but for the moment, I'm under the impression that it was a one-off for PAX/the announcement. The box art/in-game will feature the one voted for, just like Shepardloo isn't in some caricature format.

Obviously you can make your Shep look as bad(or good, I guess) as you want.

You say that, but I fall into the camp of gamers who, when using sliders to create a face, are thrilled when their creation comes out looking mostly human.

I thought that was like 95% of people? I'm sure I'd get something better than that monstrosity by pressing the "randomize" button a few times.

Although you guys would probably go "get it on Steam then"... I like my box. And not getting a rip-off price.

Nah, it would probably have to be "go and get it on Origin (or gamersgate/d2d/impulse/gmg and whatever other outlets have no problems with EA)" since Steam is such a special snowflake.

What about mugging people and stealing the game from them ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If that version of Shepard is on the box, I will join all you whiners, but for the moment, I'm under the impression that it was a one-off for PAX/the announcement. The box art/in-game will feature the one voted for, just like Shepardloo isn't in some caricature format.

Didn't they already say that it's going to be set up with Male Shep on the front of the box, but femshep will be on the back? It was something like that I seem to recall being mentioned when they first brought it up... :o

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

this kinda silliness is actually rather traditional and nostalgic 'round these parts. sure, is not exact parallel, but there is a die hard element that has been claiming that a major reason why ps:t were a financial failure is 'cause of the box art. *snort* oddly enough, there were an ign article that detailed the making o' ps:t box art... showed pictures o' guido henkel getting the makeup treatment. ps:t box art were kewl in april or july o' 1999. don't recall too many protests when the article were still being read the first time by those anticipating ps:t. nevertheless, there is a decade-long tradition o' interplay/black isle/obsidan fandom suggesting that box art transgressions is serious biz.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

planescape torment had no push.

i was at my local gamestore the morning it was released bright and early expecting a big rush of people there to pick it up. i hoped there would be enough copies.

instead i get there, see no one but the employees in the store.

i run to the new releases, don't see it.

oh wait there it is, 2 copies on the bottom shelf, not even faced out. i ask the employees if the game was released last week and i just didnt have the release date right?

they both say "wha? never heard of this game. looks weird, yeah i dont think anyone has heard of this"

i reply "its from the team that made fallout 1 and 2..."

blank stares.

so when people say ps:T didn't sell because of ______ i always say "it didn't sell cause no one knew what it was, who made it, when it was released, or what it was about." the game was a complete sleeper title. i dont know why either, because EVERYONE knew about baldurs gate.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dont know why either, because EVERYONE knew about baldurs gate.

Just speculation on my part, maybe the D&D name still carried a bit of weight in the late 90'es? Whereas the Planescape setting would at best get raised eyebrows and a "say wut?"?

I laugh at your funny faces. Real men play with default Shepard (either that, or I just don't care enough to fiddle around with sliders, short of constantly clicking a randomize button).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

planescape torment had no push.

i was at my local gamestore the morning it was released bright and early expecting a big rush of people there to pick it up. i hoped there would be enough copies.

instead i get there, see no one but the employees in the store.

i run to the new releases, don't see it.

oh wait there it is, 2 copies on the bottom shelf, not even faced out. i ask the employees if the game was released last week and i just didnt have the release date right?

they both say "wha? never heard of this game. looks weird, yeah i dont think anyone has heard of this"

i reply "its from the team that made fallout 1 and 2..."

blank stares.

so when people say ps:T didn't sell because of ______ i always say "it didn't sell cause no one knew what it was, who made it, when it was released, or what it was about." the game was a complete sleeper title. i dont know why either, because EVERYONE knew about baldurs gate.

I didn't even hear about PS:T until after it came out. I will admit, the artwork didn't exactly inspire me to buy it either. I also admit I waited until it was in the bargain bin to pick it up.

is amazing how personal experiences differ. we got ps:t on day 1 from a local computer gaming store at a nearby mall in CA. at the front o' the store were a cardboard cutout some 4' tall that included images o' tno and most o' the ps:t joinables. we cannot speak to how the game itself were displayed on shelves because Gromnir arrived almost contemporaneous with the delivery... were still in shipping box behind counter.

also, for you folks who claim that ps:t were under the radar for mostest o' the crpg world, we calls bs. really. ign did more than a dozen stories on the game for the year leading up to release, and we can recall more than a few print stories in magazines such as cgw. am not certain how many ps:t full-page and 2-page ads we saw in print magazines, but it were more than a few. virtual every online magazine site had some ps:t preview in which the writers were obviously drooling to get their grubby little mitts on the game. additionally, our totsc disk had a nice long preview/advertisement for ps:t... although we concede that while the preview got kewl points, it were more than a little inscrutable.

there were many problems with ps:t, but lack o' marketing is hardly at the top o' the list.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we always regret that we did not go back to the game store where we purchased ps:t... coulda' made an offer on the advertising display. we gots a 1987 buick grand national gnx, but am thinking that the advertising display would top it for geek love... and would be easier to maintain.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

is amazing how personal experiences differ. we got ps:t on day 1 from a local computer gaming store at a nearby mall in CA. at the front o' the store were a cardboard cutout some 4' tall that included images o' tno and most o' the ps:t joinables. we cannot speak to how the game itself were displayed on shelves because Gromnir arrived almost contemporaneous with the delivery... were still in shipping box behind counter.

also, for you folks who claim that ps:t were under the radar for mostest o' the crpg world, we calls bs. really. ign did more than a dozen stories on the game for the year leading up to release, and we can recall more than a few print stories in magazines such as cgw. am not certain how many ps:t full-page and 2-page ads we saw in print magazines, but it were more than a few. virtual every online magazine site had some ps:t preview in which the writers were obviously drooling to get their grubby little mitts on the game. additionally, our totsc disk had a nice long preview/advertisement for ps:t... although we concede that while the preview got kewl points, it were more than a little inscrutable.

there were many problems with ps:t, but lack o' marketing is hardly at the top o' the list.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we always regret that we did not go back to the game store where we purchased ps:t... coulda' made an offer on the advertising display. we gots a 1987 buick grand national gnx, but am thinking that the advertising display would top it for geek love... and would be easier to maintain.

I don't know about the marketing, I just know my own experiences with it, which is what I stated above. It does look like it was sandwiched between two games I heavily played, X-Wing Alliance and Diablo 2 (followed by BG2 if I recall correctly). Somehow it just got missed in there.

• 1 month later...

On the FB page for Bioware -

We can officially confirm that there will be a multiplayer feature in Mass Effect 3. However, please reserve your appraisal until we are able to give more information. Our Executive Producer Casey Hudson says it best: "Yes, co-op MP missions for ME3: they're real, and they're spectacular. Rest assured it's nothing of what you've feared. More soon..."

Tune in for a special BioWareTV episode at 10AM on Wednesday October 12th to have all your questions answered!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Coop multiplayer?! It's going to SUCK like bg1 and 2 did!! Totally sold out! What will EA force them to do next?!

Am I doing it right?

You can be the Hanar. I'll be the Volus.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Coop multiplayer?! It's going to SUCK like bg1 and 2 did!! Totally sold out! What will EA force them to do next?!

Am I doing it right?

You can't punch shadows, you know.