Interview with Chris Avellone

MechanicalLemon

Part 1 and Part 2

Very good read.

Also, I'd have dropped one romance, at least. I hate them normally, and having 4 in one game, all of which I had to write, was a pain in the ass. I lobbied for killing the Scarlet romance (spoiler, though probably not a shock if you've played past the first mission) and successfully got a 5th romance kicked from the game, but the others remained like a taint.

:rolleyes:

So I assume Sis was the fifth romance option?

Part 1 and Part 2

Very good read.

Also, I'd have dropped one romance, at least. I hate them normally, and having 4 in one game, all of which I had to write, was a pain in the ass. I lobbied for killing the Scarlet romance (spoiler, though probably not a shock if you've played past the first mission) and successfully got a 5th romance kicked from the game, but the others remained like a taint.

:rolleyes:

So I assume Sis was the fifth romance option?

Or it could be cut character that Grey DeLisle (or something like that) was supposed to play.

Hate the living, love the dead.

However, it seems to be much more complex than I thought. I thought it was just optional objectives which can affect on other missions. The idea is interesting but, considering he admits that they didn't have resources enough to even satisfy the major media and the requirement of the publisher, I think such implementations would be better pursued in a less demanding project.

From the OP's first article:

"As for what's next, we still have a number of titles in development, so I've been playing those builds, going to design meetings, making and reviewing critiques and working on pitches for additional products. One thing I'll say - being an independent developer gives you access to franchises I never thought possible a few years back."

Number of titles in development? I wonder what titles those would be.

As for his last sentence, I wonder which franchises he's talking about. Wheel of Time, perhaps?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As for his last sentence, I wonder which franchises he's talking about. Wheel of Time, perhaps?

I still refuse to believe they are actually working on that title. Must be something bigger/better known :)

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the 'independent' comment means that the franchise is the property of a big publisher, kinda like Activision, EA or Ubisoft.

I'm still don't think that it is Wheel of Time. The game was announced over a year before Obsidian got mysterious with the new "big" IP they have in their hands. There would be no reason to hide the franchise name.

Edited by C2B

• 1 month later...
That's good to hear, I guess he won't be an ugly gamebryo man like everyone else.

Maybe I misunderstood the interview, but I also got the impression that we will never get to see Ulysse's face when he's talking, because his custom model makes lip-synching and facial emotions harder. We will only get to see his face when fighting or something.

Also, Veronica's dialog about Elijah was recorded before the main game came out? No wonder there aren't so many call-backs to the DLC in the main game if they had to be thought of so much in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

OT:

- http://twitter.com/#!/JohnSollitto

- Off to Obsidian Entertainment for our BIG interview today with the writers of Fallout and New Vegas and the creators of Nuka Break! #excited

- Just finished a successful lunch and a successful interview. It was AMAZING!!! #nukabreak #obsidianentertainment #gamecreatorsvault

- http://twitter.com/#!/parkshannon/stat...522614522806272

Awesome shoot at @Obsidian_Ent with #Fallout devs and #NukaBreak guys. Expect the video in about a week! @ChrisAvellone @ZackFinfrock

- http://twitter.com/#!/vincetalenti/sta...490706329964544

Just finished an enjoyable interview alongside Chris Avellone at Obsidian. http://yfrog.com/j23f1jlj

- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...4696&type=1

297920_284946688200651_106206256074696_1108890_792252117_n.jpg

301257_284946598200660_106206256074696_1108889_456410065_n.jpg

Edited by funcroc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Chris Avellone and Tim Cain video interview coming soon.

This is going to be an all time Codex favourite. Expect every frame of that video-interview to end as something entirely else.

I'm still lobbying for the moderation to important here an all-favorite NMA/Codex smilie: the :hatersgonnahate: Chris Avellone.

Chris Avellone and Tim Cain video interview coming soon.

This is going to be an all time Codex favourite. Expect every frame of that video-interview to end as something entirely else.

I'm still lobbying for the moderation to important here an all-favorite NMA/Codex smilie: the :hatersgonnahate: Chris Avellone.

I second that! We need that smiley in here.