Character Switching? Why not?

Hi, I played a bit of this game so far and felt the game kinda missed the mark when they disabled character switching in the middle of playthrough. I know I would be wrong in comparing Dungeon Siege III with earlier games, this game felt closer to Marvel Ultimate Alliance with one fatal flaw: I can't jump controls to other party member.

I understand that narrations would mess up...but what's so hard about allowing a Lucas player to try their hands on Anjali or Reinhart to have a little bit of fun? Some direct control would be so sweet in fight as well, when your primary character is disabled.

Can this be patched in? I believe it would improve the gameplay a bit..I really don't feel like repeating the whole same quest and content just to try my hand at other characters mechanics.

If you play Dragon age or Dragon age 2. They have the ability to switch to various party members without messing up narration. However I doubt that it will be implemented this late since the game is already out. I could be done but I'm no programmer or developer so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement in a patch.