London Riots

Nightshape

Figures he's my countryman. Usual stuff, blacks are oppressed etc. etc. if you need a summary.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ugh. Not sure I could handle any more 'its all teh blacks' nonsense. Thought I'd never have to sit through that sh** after leaving SA. :(

Little case, showing real bravery, not this mock-political hooting and looting:

Iftikhar Ahmed, a 15-year-old schoolboy carried his injured mother through the riot after she was beaten on the way home from the library. He ran through a crowd of thugs armed with baseball bats to pull her to safety

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Figures he's my countryman. Usual stuff, blacks are oppressed etc. etc. if you need a summary.

What the hell is he saying.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Ugh. Not sure I could handle any more 'its all teh blacks' nonsense. Thought I'd never have to sit through that sh** after leaving SA. :(

The guy actually said: ...young blacks and young whites... he's basically saying the youth is angry and that the politicians and police have no idea etc. etc.

"insurrection of the people" is the gist of it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Well they can use water cannon now. Huzzah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Little case, showing real bravery, not this mock-political hooting and looting:

Iftikhar Ahmed, a 15-year-old schoolboy carried his injured mother through the riot after she was beaten on the way home from the library. He ran through a crowd of thugs armed with baseball bats to pull her to safety

that's badass. he totally got laid after that.

wait what

Anyhoo, the two "worst" scenarios are:

1) Military moves into cities. Little casualties, but a big blow to british society as a "civilized" and "western" society since it is not a demonstration against the government, but rather random looting and pillaging.

Our domestic policies have moved 2 towards Closed Society

Unrest changed by +5

Minister "Boris Johnson" becomes unavailable

2) The rest of britain give up on the police being able to keep order and form local neighbourhood watches, paramilitary groups and a such. Much more casualties, since it would pretty easily escalate to target all blacks.

Our domestic policies have moved 0 towards Open Society

Unrest changed by +10

Money -500$

Revolt in London

The power-hungry demagogue in me would immediately choose 1, but I know these boards are chock full of weary stiffnecks...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If we end up calling the military and maybe introducing a few new riot laws, who's to say how the government will use them in the event of a genuine political protest in future? We already have laws that cover this and the police already have all the equipment they need, they're just not using them, yet.

They are opportunists who are starting to figure out that the opportunity is lost. It might continue a day or two more on the strength of the international news attention, but these global stories have amazingly short half-lifes, as media attention starts to dwindle, so will the rioting.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

In defence of the blanket media coverage this is merely the tip of the iceberg. We all know that the kids on estates will burn cars and houses for the giggles. But so long as it stayed in housing estates the political classes didn't give a ****. Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of kids each year are hustled through their mandatory education and straight onto the dole each year.

It's a criminal waste of human potential, and it feeds crime like a stoker shovelling coal onto a furnace.

The problem is that those who naturally favour solving the problem don't like the solution. Kids who come from violent and confused, ill-disciplined families, escape through a degree of violence, order and discipline. The Army turns thousands of scallies into hard working professionals every year. By which I don't mean we should use the Army because I don't think people should be drafted into a killing trade. But I do think that we need schools empowered to administer the tough love of proper control, combined with real and intensive pastoral care.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In defence of the blanket media coverage this is merely the tip of the iceberg. We all know that the kids on estates will burn cars and houses for the giggles. But so long as it stayed in housing estates the political classes didn't give a ****. Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of kids each year are hustled through their mandatory education and straight onto the dole each year.

It's a criminal waste of human potential, and it feeds crime like a stoker shovelling coal onto a furnace.

The problem is that those who naturally favour solving the problem don't like the solution. Kids who come from violent and confused, ill-disciplined families, escape through a degree of violence, order and discipline. The Army turns thousands of scallies into hard working professionals every year. By which I don't mean we should use the Army because I don't think people should be drafted into a killing trade. But I do think that we need schools empowered to administer the tough love of proper control, combined with real and intensive pastoral care.

Don't choke: I agree.

I don't know about England, but in Aus there is a critical shortage of tradies(builders, plumbers, electricians etc) a great way to counter this is to eliminate yrs 11 and 12 and make them apprenticeship years for those that are interested. While leaving it for those that want to go on to higher education. There are few jobs that are always needed, tradies are one. Also higher education should be free, rather than it being for just those that can afford it(This would also alleviate doctor shortages, again an aussie problem).

Heh, one of the leading crop of e-petitions at the government site..

Rioters should lose Benefits

Great way to make things worse. Those that commited crimes should get the appropriate sentences.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Yeah, we've got a dangerous lack of labouring and tradesman jobs, there's barely any industry left, add to that the *insane* competition for unskilled jobs, if you can't even get a job as a shelf stacker what are you going to do?

Really worrying times we're heading into in my opinion, people badly...desperately want the luxuries/distractions they see on TV and even assuming they're willing to work for it, they can't find the work.

As for rioters losing benefits, that's a really bad idea given that poverty is one of the root causes, once again, we have laws that cover this.

Gotta love the baying comments on that article, heh.

I'm massively conflicted now, because Max Hastings has written an article loosely agreeing with my pervious post. And I love Max Hastings. But the article is in the Daily Hate.

I can't work out whether to congratulate, or shoot, myself.

-Elwood Blues

My family have been buying the Mail for years so I quite often get a chance to read it, it either leaves me feeling enraged at their narrow mindedness or in total agreement, strange paper, probably doesn't deserve all the comedy hate it receives.

Daily Mail Island :p

*edit*

I quickly did the poll beside the article and noticed that I'd inadvertently voted to call the army in...

polljpg.jpg

I did the poll from the bottom up and hadn't noticed they'd flipped the choices for that one question :thumbsup:

Edited by WDeranged

wOW that really is a s.hit newspaper.

You think that's bad? You haven't seen the Express.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.