Impressed

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I was very pleased with Dungeon Siege 3.

I am a huge fan of dungeon crawler games and the Obsidian team has made one of the best combat experiences I've so far played in one.

Well done guys, keep up the awesome work!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I was very pleased with Dungeon Siege 3.

I am a huge fan of dungeon crawler games and the Obsidian team has made one of the best combat experiences I've so far played in one.

play co op for 10 mins on xbox live and you will come back here and have a different opinion.

Yes, it definitely has the smartest, smoothest and intense player skill-based combat system of all other ARPG, but it lacks greatly in character customization.

play co op for 10 mins on xbox live and you will come back here and have a different opinion.

Yeah, i really wanted to try the multiplayer but heard you can't use your own character if you join a game. Only experienced the single player.

Yes, it definitely has the smartest, smoothest and intense player skill-based combat system of all other ARPG, but it lacks greatly in character customization.

This I find strange though. I actually just finished working on a dungeon crawler called "Pocket RPG", you can view it here:

Dungeon siege 3 does a lot of things right in how much control u have over the character actions and abilities. I love how you can string together moves to form combos but character customization is practically zero.

But in the end I think what matters most is if you had fun, and I did. I had a great deal of it :)

Times like this, I'm glad I play single-player on the PC :) I'm having a blast with the combat also. Trying to go back to DA2 or, hell, DS2, is hard. Combat's so dull by comparison.

Incorrect. I beat the game with 4-player co-op - two on the couch, two online. It was magic. Nay-sayer. :)

Incorrect. Online play is an abomination and an insult to gaming.

Times like this, I'm glad I play single-player on the PC :) I'm having a blast with the combat also. Trying to go back to DA2 or, hell, DS2, is hard. Combat's so dull by comparison.

I think the combat is better in both of the games you mentioned. Double Dragon style simple button smashing combat doesn't impress me and I would much prefer continuous input. I like mashin buddons if the game is complex like Ninja Gaiden but DS3 is not.

I think the combat is better in both of the games you mentioned. Double Dragon style simple button smashing combat doesn't impress me and I would much prefer continuous input. I like mashin buddons if the game is complex like Ninja Gaiden but DS3 is not.

Why anyone would prefer the attrocious combat in DA2 is beyond me. Waves of mobs jumping down the roofs in every damn encounter, c'mon. And few of the boss fights were just annoying. The one in Deep Roads you had to micromanage your party constantly or else they would be in LOS and eat huge dmg. Encounter like that might work in WoW and other MMO's, but when you have to control every damn party member yourself it just doesn't work. And don't get me even started on the dragon... If only they had kept the combat system and (some of the) encounter design from DAO.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Times like this, I'm glad I play single-player on the PC :facepalm: I'm having a blast with the combat also. Trying to go back to DA2 or, hell, DS2, is hard. Combat's so dull by comparison.

Wwwwait, you're calling DA2 not a button-masher? Really? Actually, it's more of a button-clicker on the PC. Rt-click,rt-click,rt-click--attack, damn you, Hawke!--rt-click--I mean it, attack!--rt-click. Meanwhile, Hawke stands there with a goofy grin on her face, because Bioware's horrid targeting doesn't work, and "enhanced targeting" causes stuttering with the new patch.

DA:O's combat is still fun, but DA2? Please. At least DS3 engages you, and makes combat exciting, unlike DA2's endless tedium.

Edited by leeloodallas

Why anyone would prefer the attrocious combat in DA2 is beyond me. Waves of mobs jumping down the roofs in every damn encounter, c'mon. And few of the boss fights were just annoying. The one in Deep Roads you had to micromanage your party constantly or else they would be in LOS and eat huge dmg. Encounter like that might work in WoW and other MMO's, but when you have to control every damn party member yourself it just doesn't work. And don't get me even started on the dragon... If only they had kept the combat system and (some of the) encounter design from DAO.

Heh, I probably wouldn't be playing DS3 for the fifth time if Bioware had kept the old combat system and encounter design. I'm probably more vehement than you are about the combat. Ugh, I hate every moment of it! Not just the boss battles were annoying, but the endless street mobs, especially on the night maps. The final battle-- ARGH! I get irate thinking about it. Most of my DA2 playthroughs stopped just before it. It's not hard, just long, tedious, and endlessly annoying.

Edited by leeloodallas

Times like this, I'm glad I play single-player on the PC :huh: I'm having a blast with the combat also. Trying to go back to DA2 or, hell, DS2, is hard. Combat's so dull by comparison.

I can't even play other ARPGs now, the combat in Dungeon Siege 3 is so good, it really is an evolution of the genre..