Good evening

Sammael

So, I've been away for a while. A long while. What's new? Are the old regulars still... regular?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Gah... I just read that Visceris passed away last year. That just sucks, regardless of the many arguments we've had over the years (over a decade... damn). I hope others are well...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

A couple of years ago, I became the lead developer in the company I've been working for since 2000. ATM, we are working on the third version of our insurance information system (not the most exciting area in the world...). Lots of work and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of stress (since my job includes analysis, design, development, testing,

I'm rarely playing computer games these days. The last two games I actually finished were King's Bounty: Armored Princess and Batman: Arkham Asylum (best damn game I've played in a decade). I simply do not have the time or the focus to play longer games these days (never managed to finish the Witcher, despite liking it quite a bit).

I play PnP often, on average once per week - but some weeks are crazier than others (three saessions last weekend - played in one Mage: the Awakening session, ran one Planescape session and one FR session). The system I'm using is a homebrewed version of D&D I've been working on for the past 3 years.

I'm making regular stools yes.

+1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (best damn game I've played in a decade).

This, I think, is a top sign that you should play more games. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Examples?

I start a lot of games, but very few of them manage to capture my attention these days. Arkham Asylum had it all - story, characters, learning curve, gameplay, graphics, music, and voice acting. The few minor qualms I had about the game were so insignificant compared to the game's merits that they are barely worth mentioning.

Edited by Sammael

Examples?

I start a lot of games, but very few of them manage to capture my attention these days. Arkham Asylum had it all - story, characters, learning curve, gameplay, graphics, music, and voice acting. The few minor qualms I had about the game were so insignificant compared to the game's merits that they are barely worth mentioning.

See, that's the funny thing. Over the past ten years there are three games that I've started, but haven't been sucked in enough to finish. They are: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, GTA IV and Arkham Asylum. I have to admit, while I know what my beef with the first two games of the list are, I'm having a lot more trouble putting my finger on it with AA. For some reason, whenever I boot it up, I just become really, really bored very quickly. Guess it just shows how people are different. I adore Mass Effect 2, and I believe a lot of people here have similar issues with it that I have with AA. *shrug*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of bowel movements....you people are too close a community.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Riff Raff should be the name of a high fibre breakfast cereal.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd buy that.