I haven't beaten this with Reinhart on Hardcore yet but I just played the boss with Lucas.

I also had Anjali with me and she ended up dying quite a lot. I found the best thing was to keep moving as much as possible. Whenever your companion goes down, be sure to lure the boss and all the small spiders away as far as possible and then dash back as fast as you can to your companion to revive her. The spiders are fairly fast moving but you should still get enough time to revive her.

I imagine that traps such as Geometry of Annihilation would work excellently in this fight, especially in decimating all the small spiders. But yeah, this was a long fight for me. Learn how to anticipate the spider's attacks, get a few attacks and roll away. Better safe than sorry. And then lure the enemies away whenever your companion goes down so you can revive her safely.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

In my Reinhart run I did this fight with Lucas as companion. With Reinhart I focused on the Entropy stance which was good for mopping up the little spiders pretty much as soon as they spawned so you can then focus on Palefang.

If you can then keep Palefang focused on Reinhart (they always seem to chase the squishies) then Anjali should be able to lay on some damage up close.

I focus my builds on high agility and doom so if you go with the proficiency for Geometry of Annihilation that boosts companion agility and slows enemies this will help. I don't think I used Clockwork Trap in this fight cause as I'm sure you've noticed it's a bit slow to cast.

Mirror Leap is pretty good too, even if it doesn't completely distract all enemies it helps to lay down some extra damage. Just be careful where you aim it/yourself of course.

It was a long fight but got there in the end.

AI companions do have a serious case of stupid at times, especially during boss fights. Have you tried it in multiplayer (not sure what platform you're playing on)? It does make things easier.

Also what level are you at? With my current run I did fight at level 10 at it went fine. When I first tried it at level 8 (I think) it was a bit much.