What you did today

Tale

Anyway: FIXED MY DRYER MOTHER****ER. Took me four hours and a trip to the hardware store, but I fixed it.

Good for you. You show more courage than most folks. What was wrong with it?

Speaking of courage how are you doing?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was going to say that the belt snapped and in its flailing smashed a plastic mill on the inside, so I had to get those and replace them which I couldn't do unless I took the whole damn thing apart, but instead I'm going to stick with Wals' story for the lulz. :shifty:

It's a huge personal victory for me because I don't know **** about electronics.

Good for you. It's always good to see someone take their balls in hand and open up a project they've never done before. And Succeed! Besides your morale taking a tremendous boost, you saved yourself a lot of money and won't be afraid to do the next project be it simply changing a light switch to repairing your furnace. Keep the 'Can Do' attitude. It'll serve you well throughout your entire life ( and in may aspects ).

Surgery scheduled for 8 AM this Friday. Looking to take 5-6 hours. So far the grocery list is...1 Kidney ( all or part ), 2 tumours floating around in my abdomin ( between robin and chicken egg in size ), a handfull of lymph nodes in the area, a possible spot on my liver ( still don't know much about that one ), and now a 'sizeable' chunk of intestine.

The mass on the kidney that was pushing against the intestine was what caused the pain that caused all this to be found in the first place. Been having abdominal pain and finally got tired of it and went in to have it looked at. I guess that was a good thing so that all this was found before I was in the 'Immediately Terminal'/You're Really F**ked catagory which is how a lot of people learn of their cancer.

Pain still increasing but is being controlled with 90mg morphine/day and 10mg percocet/every 2-3 hours. Very gratefull for the insurance. Meds are $5 prescription. $30 co-pay on my various doc visits and apparently the maximum out of pocket expenses that we will have to pay is $2000 ( hospital stay/doctors/the whole bit ). Before I would bankrupt my wife and leave her with nothing I would find some fatal 'accident' at work. Dying is one thing. Dying selfishly is quite another.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Yep. Will be thinking of you, mate. Have a morphine for me and I'll sink you a couple of beers. :)

Sounds good that your lads have got their sights set clearly on the tumours they need. And that you know what needs doing. Lots of folks go all to pieces and refuse to think about it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Last day before a 4 day weekend, nothing planned but playing a mix of DX:HR, A2:OA and EVE (W-space op this weekend). Only 7 hours to kill, so clock watching time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Am in some kind of smartass perihelion. Looked up the definition of 'definition'.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good luck Tarna, we're all pulling for you!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

May fortune favour you Tarna.

Been one of those mornings, weird dreams, overslept when the alarm didn't go off. The puppy has been a bit of a nightmare, but finally seem to have him settled down.

And I've got one of those annoying.. muscle-ripple-twitches in one eyelid.

Trying to decide whether to settle for an early lunch snack and a fresh cup of tea, or make an attempt at focusing on some work...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bongo'd my back picking up some post from the floor. Bloody thing. Bit depressed, but remembered tarna so obviously manned up a smidgen.

-Elwood Blues

Bongo'd my back picking up some post from the floor. Bloody thing. Bit depressed, but remembered tarna so obviously manned up a smidgen.

It's that whole inter-connectivity of muscles in the back.. the way it's almost impossible to make any movement without the whole thing flaring up. So my condolences Wals.

Tis turned all bright and sunny here, and managed to get the dogs somewhat settled. But have to do the walk up to the doctors to pick up mom's prescriptions in a bit.. Definitely the the rather bright sky that's calling for sunglasses.

An acquaintance s getting married, so I suggested he play 'Hey Joe' at his wedding (given his name), sadly he was offended by that suggestion. Probably left over from my "sucker!" response to his announcement, though :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just picked up mom's prescriptions from the doctors and took them over the pharmacy, got jumped by a hyper-enthusiastic "paid professional fund-raiser" for some "sponsor a child" in bali charity. They're all "just give us the money for a kebab a week and it'll save a child!".

I'm so tempted to ask them if they feel it's so important why aren't they just raising money as volunteer work, and putting their paycheque towards these kids.

Although at the moment being able to do the whole "i'm a primary carer for a disabled parent, my income is x a week from the government. you can't make me feel guilty and my budget is that tight." is usually a good way of stopping them.

Then got home to find that with all the road works going on at the junction, some car's driven past ours and smashed the wing mirror. And never bothered to mention it. :)

But dang, it's warm. Refreshing myself with a pineapple, banana and coconut smoothie.

My foot is doing better. The wound is sore, but it definitely is healing.

What's he talking about? What wound?

I'm glad you asked. About Thursday of last week, I sat in my chair at my computer. Noticed a wheel was on the headset cord so, without really getting up, I lifted the chair and moved it off. Setting a wheel straight on my foot with my full weight.

No serious damage, no broken bones. Just some really torn up skin in an area the size of the wheel on a office chair. Makes walking in shoes uncomfortable, because the shoe rubs against it causing minor pain. Again, nothing serious, but it looks gnarly.

I guess the top skin only died yesterday. It's been red for the past week, turned yellow yesterday, and scabbed today. This is important info that everyone must be aware of.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got diagnosed ( yesterday ) with stage IV kidney cancer.

Beat that Forumites! :wink:

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

Pictures at 11. :wink:

Hey tarna, Gfted1 directed me here, really sorry ti hear about your diagnosis, kick cancer's ass!

(Sarah AKA Calliope AKA Pirotess and however many other user names)

x

I rememeber you...

As do I. Greetings all around internet persons.

Howdy Gorgon :)

Got diagnosed ( yesterday ) with stage IV kidney cancer.

Beat that Forumites! :wink:

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

Pictures at 11. :wink:

Hey tarna, Gfted1 directed me here, really sorry ti hear about your diagnosis, kick cancer's ass!

(Sarah AKA Calliope AKA Pirotess and however many other user names)

x

Hey Lady! I certainly do remember you from BIS as well as Interplay and The Lair. Good to see that you are still around. How's Preacher? Pissy Missy? :)

Got a brain MRI today ( to find nothing but a sign saying "Space For Rent" ) as well as a lung CAT scan. Apparently kidney cancer spreads to brain, bone, lung and something else ( I don't remember ). Blood work says that bone chemistry looks good and the other scans should indicate if cancer has spread elsewhere or not. Go to see my oncologist tomorrow so I guess I'll get the happy news then. Lung damage I can work with. Brain cancer...well S**t happens. o:)

Tune in tomorrow fans...Same Bat-Time...Same Bat-Channel. :)

Preacher is good thanks, married 6 years now :D And we have spawned a demonic girl child :D

I was going to say that the belt snapped and in its flailing smashed a plastic mill on the inside, so I had to get those and replace them which I couldn't do unless I took the whole damn thing apart, but instead I'm going to stick with Wals' story for the lulz. :)

It's a huge personal victory for me because I don't know **** about electronics.

Good for you. It's always good to see someone take their balls in hand and open up a project they've never done before. And Succeed! Besides your morale taking a tremendous boost, you saved yourself a lot of money and won't be afraid to do the next project be it simply changing a light switch to repairing your furnace. Keep the 'Can Do' attitude. It'll serve you well throughout your entire life ( and in may aspects ).

Surgery scheduled for 8 AM this Friday. Looking to take 5-6 hours. So far the grocery list is...1 Kidney ( all or part ), 2 tumours floating around in my abdomin ( between robin and chicken egg in size ), a handfull of lymph nodes in the area, a possible spot on my liver ( still don't know much about that one ), and now a 'sizeable' chunk of intestine.

The mass on the kidney that was pushing against the intestine was what caused the pain that caused all this to be found in the first place. Been having abdominal pain and finally got tired of it and went in to have it looked at. I guess that was a good thing so that all this was found before I was in the 'Immediately Terminal'/You're Really F**ked catagory which is how a lot of people learn of their cancer.

Pain still increasing but is being controlled with 90mg morphine/day and 10mg percocet/every 2-3 hours. Very gratefull for the insurance. Meds are $5 prescription. $30 co-pay on my various doc visits and apparently the maximum out of pocket expenses that we will have to pay is $2000 ( hospital stay/doctors/the whole bit ). Before I would bankrupt my wife and leave her with nothing I would find some fatal 'accident' at work. Dying is one thing. Dying selfishly is quite another.

Hope it went well today x

hope you're pullin through tarna!

back at college. lot's of work and parties and stuff. socializing is more fun than the work, but what can you do? going to make an effort to remember the numbers I snag from girls this year rather than getting back to the dorm and trying to piece a phone number together from "steph 45728".

I have found a very strange anime.... it's way to overtly sexual... there's like a boob shot in every single episode, panty shots every seven minutes, and they have an episode where a girl works a sea cucumber like a guys... nethers, and a second girl gets covered in ... stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have found a very strange anime.... it's way to overtly sexual... there's like a boob shot in every single episode, panty shots every seven minutes, and they have an episode where a girl works a sea cucumber like a guys... nethers, and a second girl gets covered in ... stuff.

If you told me it also included ultra violent bloodlettings and tentacle rape I might be interested :)