What you did today

Tale

At last, I am complete again. Finally got the repairs done so I bring you the bad news that you are going to be seeing more of me. My PC feels weird though. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I shall now crack out the rum, and pretend to be Guard Dog as I admire the deep velvety blue of the darkening sky contrasted with the equally velevty red of the bricks catching the last lambent rays of sunshine.

A most excellent way to spend an evening! Unfortunately if you don't have coyotes or whippoorwills where you live it mutes the effect somewhat.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went to a birthday dinner with my folks, and my dad bought me an HP Tablet. He said he spotted a couple online right when the price was slashed, and he decided there wasn't anything to lose at that price. I'm stoked, it's very slick. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Android OS to work on it.

Had a slow start to the morning, realised it was a bank holiday monday.. Not sure why but I'm feeling a wee bit depressive today and I can't chase down a reason for it.

The cat keeps lurking by either the back door or the front door prepared to make occasional sprints for freedom. He doesn't quite get that he's a housecat that's blind in one eye and not cut out for urban traffic...

Trying to figure out just where my focus is for the day.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My grilfriend also sent me this site which I really appreciated and I think you could learn from it Fluoride. :D

http://www.thebeardly.com/

haha awesome

you found a girl who appreciates a good beard then?

they can be quite rare to find

Yeah, I'm a pretty happy man. :p

good stuff :thumbsup:

today was pretty chilled.

just stuffed around at home and was trying to remember the lyrics for band practice tomorrow

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I shall now crack out the rum, and pretend to be Guard Dog as I admire the deep velvety blue of the darkening sky contrasted with the equally velevty red of the bricks catching the last lambent rays of sunshine.

A most excellent way to spend an evening! Unfortunately if you don't have coyotes or whippoorwills where you live it mutes the effect somewhat.

True. True. :*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Go to client site, spend 2 hours going WTF to only find out that it was the thing the client and I found weird but dismissed because 'well it certainly can't be that'. On the bright side, it's a nice view here.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have just been spacing out a ridiculous amount today and I'm not sure what's driving that. Haven't even returned to DEHR yet. Keep poking at work and staring at blank page rather then doing constructive acts.

Mayhap some mental gears will organise themselves once I get dinner out of the way.

I have just been spacing out a ridiculous amount today and I'm not sure what's driving that. Haven't even returned to DEHR yet. Keep poking at work and staring at blank page rather then doing constructive acts.

Mayhap some mental gears will organise themselves once I get dinner out of the way.

Have you been sleeping well?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Apart from the cat waking me up about 3 hours after I went to sleep.. it hasn't seemed to be that bad the past few days.

Apart from the cat waking me up about 3 hours after I went to sleep.. it hasn't seemed to be that bad the past few days.

Aww damn, so you are not getting micronaps or anything cool like that :o

village_idiot.gif

Playing with my new tentacle.

Totally read that "testicle" at first.

Them Freudian slips :grin:

Anyway, I'm enjoying my new CD's. First music cd's I've bought in... 7 years? Now I just have to be a good cultist and The Great Old one will bestow gifts on me :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People still buy CDs ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sure, some bands (like mind.in.a.box) have extra stuff in their CDs, in this case codes to a special part of their website with unreleased tracks and (live) videos. I buy all their CDs. Also get occasional anal retentive moments when want to have uncompressed/losslessly compressed audio, so tend to go on cd-buying sprees. As an added bonus, can keep them as an offsite backup at my mother's place... :D

Been trying to concentrate on work all day. Instead have decided to start playing war of the ring and have been planning out my future mordor army. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wondering what's up with the shoes some women wear, was observing people again on my break, swear some ladies have their feet at 60 degree angles to the ground when they're walking - that can't be comfortable. Also did get to watch the predictable collision of a dude looking at his iphone with headpgones on and a lamp post.

People still buy CDs ?

I buy plenty of CDs. In fact, I bought Mike Doughty's new release "Yes and Also Yes" earlier today. I know it's just a nostalgic argument, but I like that if I own something I can actually hold it in my hands. I really hate buying "data", despite the fact that when I buy a CD I know that I'm still just buying data, except on a different carrier. I also like album covers and being able to show off collections, which just loses its charm completely when it's just a list of files.

Anyway: FIXED MY DRYER MOTHER****ER. Took me four hours and a trip to the hardware store, but I fixed it.

Edited by TrueNeutral

One time I electrocuted myself trying to fix my dryer. I decided at that point to leave any electrical repairs to electricians.

I have been playing with my HP tablet, but it is quite limited. The apps are underwhelming, and I've had trouble getting my digital copies of movie to work. I'll keep trying, and hope that the Android OS port isn't too far away.

One time I electrocuted myself trying to fix my dryer.
My condolences to your family.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anyway: FIXED MY DRYER MOTHER****ER. Took me four hours and a trip to the hardware store, but I fixed it.

Good for you. You show more courage than most folks. What was wrong with it?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Good for you. You show more courage than most folks. What was wrong with it?

Not plugged in.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was going to say that the belt snapped and in its flailing smashed a plastic mill on the inside, so I had to get those and replace them which I couldn't do unless I took the whole damn thing apart, but instead I'm going to stick with Wals' story for the lulz. >_

It's a huge personal victory for me because I don't know **** about electronics.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Isn't depressed about how Bodycount has been recieved. I expected as much.

Otherwise I'm getting used to commuting into London daily.

My new workplace has purchased me a awesome laptop av doom, its excellent, light AND powerful.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

There are times I do wonder why people have pets.

It's been that sort of morning.

The puppy has diarhea, when it's not out crapping, it's trying to eat the cat, when it's not trying to eat the cat it's pawing at me and whining to play. Or to let it out.

When the puppy is being quiet, the spaniel is going nuts.

When both dogs are settled, the cat decides to have its own back and pounces on the alsatian, or jumps on the desk and sits in front of my monitor to meow and try to bully treats.

And I've had to hold the cat's rear under the tap and wash it after it emerged from the kitty litter with a.. mess.. firmly attached.

Yay for cat scratches.